2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

IMG_3332.jpeg

Skating was more of an underground type sport, and in general skating can be frowned upon by a lot of people as far as a sport is concerned. I think skaters kinda don’t want the outsiders to invade their space/culture, especially with the recent popularity of dunks/SB dunks. They don’t respect/like the “fad” aspect of it.

My 0.02, and I could be completely wrong.

i wasnt in the skate scene growing up although i knew a few skaters pretty well. dunk sb's were never what skaters were wearing around me, not exclusively atleast. the people i knew that wore dunks were almost all sneaker collectors primarily. maybe its a central jersey thing. Both NJ Skate shops were an hour plus away

Has been cool to see some skate style revert fully back to early 00's, along with the rest of the popular resurgence of y2k fashion. Walked past the skatepark by battery park in the city a couple weeks ago, all teens in baggy pants and bulky shoes and big tees.

My new era fitted - LRG tee - wide leg denim - allover print hoodie - body is ready

If you really wanna nail the 90’s skater look you gotta cut the bottom hems off the wide leg jeans and then wash them so it frays up real good.

Back
Top Bottom