2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Pickup post because I haven't seen anyone anywhere with in hand shots yet. Just got them from my UPS man from revolve, two day shipping to NY from California.

Thoughts: I don't think they ever made the '99s in my size 11.5 (can't do 11 comfortably in lows) and I didn't like the vntg retro so I'm geeked to finally have some reverse curries in some way shape or form. For retail, these are cool. They pale in comparison to shape and quality from '99, obviously. I think the color is a little off as well. I never had the '99s but these 2024s appear to have a lighter and more orange hue. Best evidenced by the sole - it's a slightly different shade from the upper, and both a little orange. The leather is decent. Better than pandas, on par with other made in Vietnam dunks in recent years. The sockliner material is plush - not quite satin/sateen but soft to the touch and well cushioned. I think I'm gonna go white laces. On foot tomorrow. edit: they shoulda brought back the black/red box with these

curry4.jpg

curry2.jpg
curry3.jpg
curry1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, regular dunks really are in decline!

I “accidentally” paid resale for Racer Blues about 2yrs ago and now they’re re-released and sitting on FNL/JD. Dumb.

Last edited:
Pickup post because I haven't seen anyone anywhere with in hand shots yet. Just got them from my UPS man from revolve, two day shipping to NY from California.

Thoughts: I don't think they ever made the '99s in my size 11.5 (can't do 11 comfortably in lows) and I didn't like the vntg retro so I'm geeked to finally have some reverse curries in some way shape or form. For retail, these are cool. They pale in comparison to shape and quality from '99, obviously. I think the color is a little off as well. I never had the '99s but these 2024s appear to have a lighter and more orange hue. Best evidenced by the sole - it's a slightly different shade from the upper, and both a little orange. The leather is decent. Better than pandas, on par with other made in Vietnam dunks in recent years. The sockliner material is plush - not quite satin/sateen but soft to the touch and well cushioned. I think I'm gonna go white laces. On foot tomorrow. edit: they shoulda brought back the black/red box with these

curry4.jpg

curry2.jpg
curry3.jpg
curry1.jpg
Glad they put regular laces in them Curry’s…

Quality in the reverse curry look awful
It's a mixed bag. The leather is plasticky, but it's soft and pliable so it's comfy on foot. No stiff or funky creases that dug into my foot. Thicker, more rugged leather would be better quality and break in better for sure, but I'm not mad at out the box comfort at retail cost. Best comparison to another sneaker I own is 2015 UNC 1. These are slightly thicker than UNC and not as pliable.

Nike gonna nike tho. As nice as the '99 dunks were in terms of leather, they cheaped out on the collar on all the lows and highs and started lookin like a sunburn. Some 03-04 pairs do this as well. I'm glad my 2024 joints won't. You can see it on my reverse city attacks in the spoiler pics earlier up on this page. Pic here from outkits of the OG reverse curry
1704547174050.png

Kind of bummed now to see that the air loaded insole is drop in…Had the idea in my mind that they had the air encapsulated midsole with the air loaded midsole stacked on top…Still not enough to make me any less excited for getting at these…

That being said, this video is certainly making a case for the red pair…I’m good with any of the initial colorways at this point if I’m being honest here…

Back
Top Bottom