2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Look a few pages back and there are a few confirmed stores getting shipments later this week, but some places like 21Mercer will sell stock through phone order if they do not sell out by Monday.

word. although only reason mercer has to wait is because they're essentially a nike retail store. 2 days mandatory for holds/phone order on launch product.

ok fam time for the really dumb questions. i've been reading on here for over a month and i haven't heard an answer that i fully get.

i am aware that generally quickstrikes come in a different box than GR (and that the quickstrike box color has changed many times over the years). 

the tiffs came in the half and half box (a little glossy). SOMPs came in an all light blue box (not glossy). 

1) if they were both quickstrikes, why the different box?

1) what's the deal with people complaining about the boxes? 

2) why do people groan when the box is one way or another? ("oh, it is an all blue box, that sucks" - i swear somebody has written that here about some recent release)

3) is it just because they like the way a certain box looks?

4) or because it means something about the shoe inside?

i am a relative n00b so don't flame me. 
ohwell.gif

ok fam time for the really dumb questions. i've been reading on here for over a month and i haven't heard an answer that i fully get.

i am aware that generally quickstrikes come in a different box than GR (and that the quickstrike box color has changed many times over the years). 

the tiffs came in the half and half box (a little glossy). SOMPs came in an all light blue box (not glossy). 

2) why do people groan when the box is one way or another? ("oh, it is an all blue box, that sucks" - i swear somebody has written that here about some recent release)

i am a relative n00b so don't flame me. :\  

Up until this generation of boxes, the GR and QS all came in the same box except for a few releases (pusheads, bloody sundays, Lau Blazers, very first Janoski releases, and store specific packaging being the exceptions)

1. No one knows
1. The non glossy boxes are pretty structurally unsound, you stack more than 3 of them high and it'll crush the lower ones, but I don't get the complaints because the old orange/brown boxes were crap too.
2.People like to complain
3. See 2
4, See 2

Up until this generation of boxes, the GR and QS all came in the same box except for a few releases (pusheads, bloody sundays, Lau Blazers, very first Janoski releases, and store specific packaging being the exceptions)

1. No one knows
1. The non glossy boxes are pretty structurally unsound, you stack more than 3 of them high and it'll crush the lower ones, but I don't get the complaints because the old orange/brown boxes were crap too.
3. See 2
4, See 2
I haven't complained about the different colored boxes (yet haha) but I will say the new all blue boxes just FEEL weak and poor quality. The glossy half black half blue feel like the previous generation from the future boxes, very structurally sound and easy to stack without issue. If I did complain it'd be because of the low quality of the cardboard.

I haven't complained about the different colored boxes (yet haha) but I will say the new all blue boxes just FEEL weak and poor quality. The glossy half black half blue feel like the previous generation from the future boxes, very structurally sound and easy to stack without issue. If I did complain it'd be because of the low quality of the cardboard.

The light blue boxes are weaker than the old waxed ones, but it's not like it's the first time Nike's used cheap boxes for releases, almost every orange/brown box I own is covered in packing tape to keep the sides from collapsing on themselves.

The people like to complain responses was more towards the complaints that people make about the shoe, i.e. it's in a blue box so it's going to be terrible sub par quality.

1. No one knows
3. See 2
4, See 2

ok, i think i am starting to understand. 

as i am relatively new at this, i could not comprehend why someone would complain AT ALL about the box itself. therefore, i surmised that the complaint had something to do with the fact that a certain type of box reflected something about the shoe inside (availability, rarity, quality, etc). sounds stupid now that that is what i thought lol.

but now that you guys have explained why the quality of the box matters (and it will likely matter to me too as i continue with this) -  i get it. thanks.

My brother is a photographer/editor. He did some nice work with my new snake eyes! Click the picture to see it in all it's glory. Congrats to everyone that wanted/got the SOMPs today.

Last edited:

i am a relative n00b so don't flame me. 
ohwell.gif

1. No one knows
3. See 2
4, See 2
You have two 1s
laugh.gif
but your summary was perfect. You mentioning the bloody sundays made me go and pull out the box. It's so nice. When I first got them I felt like an idiot cuz it took me a minute to figure out how to open it
roll.gif

You have two 1s :lol: but your summary was perfect. You mentioning the bloody sundays made me go and pull out the box. It's so nice. When I first got them I felt like an idiot cuz it took me a minute to figure out how to open it :rofl:  

I've got two 1s because the original questions had two. I caught it when I was typing out responses and changed it to match the questions.

My brother is a photographer/editor. He did some nice work with my new snake eyes! Click the picture to see it in all it's glory. Congrats to everyone that wanted/got the SOMPs today.
Wow. Nice glamour shot from your bro! Makes those look amazing.

I've got two 1s because the original questions had two. I caught it when I was typing out responses and changed it to match the questions.
I noticed that in the original post too lol I figured you were just matching numbering that was in it.

haha i guess i'm the one that started incorrect numbering.

that's what happens when you go to bed at 3am and wake up at 7:30am for an (attempted) online cop. 

i don't know how you west coasters do it at 5am.

5am wake ups just mean to stay up all night if you don't have work that day. I did that when SNS had the Night Tracks back in 2012, wasn't missing out on them for anything.

The light blue boxes are weaker than the old waxed ones, but it's not like it's the first time Nike's used cheap boxes for releases, almost every orange/brown box I own is covered in packing tape to keep the sides from collapsing on themselves.

The people like to complain responses was more towards the complaints that people make about the shoe, i.e. it's in a blue box so it's going to be terrible sub par quality.
Yeah. It is weird thought that there's no rhyme or reason (thusfar) to which shoes get which boxes. Availiability/quantities made have nothing to do with it. So what is the purpose of them? Not sure. but I do agree, I have so many orange boxes and they are DESTROYED, but still better quality than these non-glossy blue boxes which are like paper.

Back
Top Bottom