2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Love Pho, there's a pretty sizable vietnamese community in New Orleans, the original restaurants are now hitting their 20th anniversaries, and in the past few years there's been a renaissance of new places opening up as the younger generation take over their parents businesses and modernize/take advantage of the interest in authentic ethnic cuisine.

http://www.nola.com/dining-guide/index.ssf/2014/03/5_new_restaurants_usher_in_nex.html
My girl and I always go to this place in NYC called Obao and they make BOMB PHO. It's so good, they have one called Pho Bo which is the best. They also have spare rib skewered on sugar cane. UGH What I wouldn't give to eat there tonight. Banh Mi is amazing as well, but I find it tough around here (CT) to find a good Banh Mi place.
notes.gif

I used to be totally obsessed with pho, but right now I'm all about a really good bowl of tonkotsu ramen.

I'd kill for some decent ramen, but there isn't a big enough Japanese community here. We get Pho right, but the few times I've had ramen out locally it's been disappointing. There's a pop up that's getting good buzz that I want to try though.

I see it now.Whats the best pho with meat in it?

everything looks raw,literally raw lol

Last edited:

it's good I haven't gotten Pho from them, usually order the Pad See Ew or a rice dish, will try tonight :smile:
OH DUDE, you're blowing it. Go there and order Pho Bo. Remember the name, it is single-handedly the most important meal you will ever order. For an appetizer, get Sugar Cane skewer Ribs. I promise you will want to throw me so many oops for this suggestion.

*EDIT
Last couple times my girl tried the Lobster pad ke mao and Papaya pad ke mao (the noodles are made of Papaya) and their noodle dishes are really good, too. But the Pho is what brings me back time and again. I've actually had heavenly dreams about that specific Pho dish.

Last edited:
I see it now.Whats the best pho with meat in it?

everything looks raw,literally raw lol

Most places serve it with beef that's rare/medium rare, but the broth is really hot and will continue to cook the meat.

That's a shot from the yelp reviews for the place I always hit up. They've been around in the same location since the early 90s, used to have a bunch of satellites around town, but a lot of the family moved out of here after Katrina so now it's back to just the one.

Yea thanks mints.I will try it but that Beef aint looking to well.

double entende,dont even ask me how lol.

I used to be totally obsessed with pho, but right now I'm all about a really good bowl of tonkotsu ramen.
This.

Grew up in Hawaii, but have been living in San Antonio the last 10 years or so and we just recently got this awesome Ramen place (Kimura). Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but it is the equal to anything I used to eat on the Islands. So good.

When i lived in Hollywood we had so many Pho spots even had a 24 hr spot called Pho City super fire and the Vietnamese egg rolls wrapped in lettuce Kill Bill

Back
Top Bottom