2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I know this seems so long ago now lol, but if you're looking at the wire shelving, I initially bought the 36"x72" shelving at Home Depot, then returned it and bought pretty much the same shelving in 48" at Lowe's for the same price. You can even add wheels if you need them.

For me wheels= trouble. I want my shelving to be really secure in one spot, which is why I'm looking at the steel shelving units. And whoever it was that mentioned checking Amazon pricing, THANKS. It's about half the price of the steel units from Costco and it's eligible for Prime.

I'm going to a sneaker con today in Hartford. I'll post pictures and if I cop something you guys will be the first to see. Gonna try and get a size swap 9.5 for 10 with my SOMP's. Gonna potentially put my gamma 3labs and Tiffs up for trade fodder. Maybe try to get Tiff lows or Skunks, Supreme Lows, something higher up.

Yeah thats what got me to just take the jump. Considering at 200$ paypal ...Minus Fees + Shipping...resellers are making around 40-50$ ...worth my time at the end.

Yeah I just tried to talk this dude down in eBay to go through invoice for a little cheaper and had to school him in fees.
Well now that the Bao's are being called a GR i am guessing half the people that originally wanted to get them, won't. But once you put a QS tag on them they automatically become more appealing and a must have, i just don't get it.  I still think the Birch's look way better and yet they sat, but all nike has to do is put a branded or designed insole and attach a name to the sneaker and everyone goes crazy.
I agree but idk, the tiff aftermath has a lot of people fumbling to buy and try to resell SB's again. I think it's more like "put a nickname" on a shoe and it stirs up hype. And yes, I do think the Bao**** are being hyped up.

I'm going to a sneaker con today in Hartford. I'll post pictures and if I cop something you guys will be the first to see. Gonna try and get a size swap 9.5 for 10 with my SOMP's. Gonna potentially put my gamma 3labs and Tiffs up for trade fodder. Maybe try to get Tiff lows or Skunks, Supreme Lows, something higher up.
Hook me up with a pair of SOMP's if they got any extra 10/10.5...you know I been itching for them

For me wheels= trouble. I want my shelving to be really secure in one spot, which is why I'm looking at the steel shelving units. And whoever it was that mentioned checking Amazon pricing, THANKS. It's about half the price of the steel units from Costco and it's eligible for Prime.

All good, I actually needed wheels so it worked out perfect for me.

BTW, corgi posted some size 10 knick dunk highs, I don't know if those are the ones someone was looking for.

The Baos were a pair I wanted and thought I wasn't going to be able to get for retail when I thought they were a QS. Now I'm excited as hell since just about everyone will be getting them.
same here in so happy these aren't a QS I mean I wanted the 510 for the Camo luckily I got them for retail but the Baos are a must cop for me GR or not

There's like 10 guys including my self who said they like the Boa's. Please don't lump that in with generic "hype" comments

This thread tends to take a "holier than thou" view on other sneaker subcultures but we're no better, we're just a tad bit more mature.

QS limited kicks sellout, GR shoes sit. Simple as that.

There's like 10 guys including my self who said they like the Boa's. Please don't lump that in with generic "hype" comments

This thread tends to take a "holier than thou" view on other sneaker subcultures but we're no better, we're just a tad bit more mature.

QS limited kicks sellout, GR shoes sit. Simple as that.
Yeah but in a lot of cases we are "better" in the sense that we get excited about shoes that sit and we don't like shoes that can be crazy hyped. It doesn't make us better people, or better sneakerheads, just more true to ourselves. We don't like resellers because the theme of this thread (in general) is help one another and one day it will come back around. I've said this before, but Jordan heads have so much difficulty sometimes copping just for themselves they couldn't possibly throw an oop for a friend let alone a random thread member. Here in the dunk thread, we got mad people who know local spots that are in-store only and it's easier for us to throw oops so we do. Again, not that we're better than anyone else but I like to think that we are more friendly, more helpful, and more real.

That's why I just pay my 8% commission (even though I work there) because it supports a website that helps me sell my shoes fast and it will continue to support me in that I will continue to have a job there.

We don't like resellers...

:rolleyes

but isnt reselling helping you put food on the table? even if you yourself arent reselling, resellers selling on kixify benefits you because you work there...yet "WE dont like resellers" ?

Well now that the Bao's are being called a GR i am guessing half the people that originally wanted to get them, won't. But once you put a QS tag on them they automatically become more appealing and a must have, i just don't get it.  I still think the Birch's look way better and yet they sat, but all nike has to do is put a branded or designed insole and attach a name to the sneaker and everyone goes crazy.

Imo your statement is incorrect here... i think many more people (in this thread) will cop the Baos due to them being a GR, sitting, and then going on discount... theyre have been many QS labeled SBs that have sat pre Tiff BS of course due to them not being appealing to many for example the uprise highs, SH2 highs, made for skate mids, neckfaces aka chronicle 2s all had the QS label but sat n went on discount... if u recall some shops even had you buy the SH2s in order to cop the tiffs or just for a chance to cop em... at the end of the day the mentality of many in this thread is " i'll cop if i can get a nice discount on em." Baos being a good example

:rolleyes

but isnt reselling helping you put food on the table? even if you yourself arent reselling, resellers selling on kixify benefits you because you work there...yet "WE dont like resellers" ?

post-35884-that-dont-make-no-sense-gif-O-RZSo.gif

what ever happen to the term "hyper strike" or is that now what we consider store branded shoes, like the branded petosky's or the black UCS.

Yellow Lobsters were not a Hyperstrike since they only made pairs for the shop employees and (from what I've heard) there's only about 15-20 in existence. They were never sold to the General Public as I understand it. I think by definition, Hyperstrike is related to the quantity of shoes released for sale (something like 500 or less). The last Hyperstrike I know of is those Levis Dunk Lows.

QS and Hyper don't define quantity. It just describes the manner in which a shoe is released. The internet has nearly killed this concept with al the image leaks and knowledge spread with the internet. A modern hyperstrike was the Red Octobers. To whoever mentioned Tier 0, it's a Nike account rank that people say uses a different manufacturer for production compared to GRs. (better materials/ shape)

im not trying to hate but im pretty sure yellow lobsters were not a hyperstrike. i thought it was a friends and family release for the owner of cncepts? i hear nowhere more then 34ish pairs.  thats just me talking to people though back when they came out

@wbgnnn is basically on the ball here. A traditional HS is released in extremely low quantities with no predetermined release date. The availability of HSes often rival that of FnFs. I didn't think about it, but I guess the Red Octobers were very much like a HS - though traditionally,, HSes were never available online.

None of these terms mean anything any more, BTW. People consider Sugar Ray and Q-Rich 8s that were bought at House of Hoops actual PEs, for chrissakes. Lebron "PEs" are made in larger runs than, for example, the Beam Air Max 1s. Basically, people just apply whatever label they think will earn them the most cool points to whatever mass produced crap they overpaid for most recently.

This dude has DS AJ1s from 1994. :nerd:

Have you seen this thread? http://niketalk.com/t/4602/ajkos-and-og-1s-whos-got-the-rarest-ones

It baffles me how a mass produced shoe like the tiff highs (30,000 pairs) still fetch $300+ on ebay while SOMPs (1000 pairs) can be found for under $200. Supply outweighs demand in this case yet resale value is rediculous.

I can't wait till the shoe market crashes and order is restored to this bizarro world the sneaker culture has become.

It's simple supply and demand - the demand side is just as important as the supply side.

Anyone knows where I can find a pair of SB Dunk High Chronicles Vol. 2 NeckFace in size 9 or 9.5 online? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom