2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Never heard the "monopoly" nickname used for the mint colored pairs before. Still trying to find a pair in a size 9 for a decent price.

I didnt know either until I decided to find a pair lol I searched mint dunks on youtube and ebay and everyone was calling them "monopoly boards" makes sense.

Just went to return my georgetown dunks wasn't feeling the quality of them, the nike cashier/employee looked at them and then put it to the side for himself right away haha

For this sorry *** weather today

When I say that I don't like resellers, I feel that it's a complicated thought that saying a 4 word sentence doesn't cover properly.

I don't like resellers that buy up everything new and hot in an effort to pump the price up as high as they can and flip it, it artificially inflates the price of a shoe if the only people getting them are some guy that knows the manager or shows up with his family to buy every pair available and then turns around to sell it on ebay other markets for an unreasonable price.

I don't mind the guys that buy stuff and end up sitting on it for years, it takes a special kind of dedication to devote the space/tie up money for a long time and potentially not make a real profit years down the road.

An example: I'm a big fan of Parra as an artist, and I really wanted the AM1 he did with Patta, but because they only released at like 2 shops and 1 of those shops seemed to do everyone dirty by selling them to a small group of people, the price shot up to $1000 within hours of the shoe selling out. I still don't think they're worth quite as much as they go for, but at least now it's years later.
I agree with this 100% It's one thing if you're buying up a FSR of every hot release to make a quick buck. That being said, it's the nature of the beast. They are hot therefore there's a market for them. Supply and demand. However, I do respect the people that buy to sit on because then we wouldn't have the possibility of buying a DS pair of our favorite shoe years down the road. The SOMP's release is a perfect example that I used earlier. You had guys go into the shop, dap it up with Nigel, get his autograph, then walk out and do it all over again to make a quick $50 on each pair. Some people walked away with FSR's when most SB account didn't even get 1 FSR. Then the people who really wanted them, and would have loved an autographed pair, are forced to buy from these people who just want to make a little dough.

UNC dunks fitting like recent dunk highs? For example im an 11 in lows but due to the recent padding for ankle support ive had to go with 11.5s

Please watch video @ 4:58-5:50 for the message.

Question #1.) What does everyone think about blogs and the way they report their info? Should there be consequences for blogs that report false info?   

Question #2.) If you HAD to choose one sneaker blog to get news from which one would you stand by as the most credible over all the rest?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB for your favorite sitcom television series what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

Soooo, Maybe I've Just Missed It With How Fast This Thread Moves But......

Still No Word On This Years Four Twenty Release?

We're Only 3 Weeks Or So Away! :smokin :smokin :nthat: :smokin :smokin

SMH You Can't Even Type The Numerical Version Without An Edit :smh: What Has This Forum Come To? :lol:

Last edited:
John00 John00

I don't think websites reporting wrong info is a problem. Those people that have been around for a minute will decide for themselves who is credible and who you have to do some more research on to believe. If anything it helps the people who really do their homework and weeds out the n00bs and "Johnny come lately"'s.

I only trust NT. They are my reference point when looking at all other sites.

Now...let's make some kicks! Can cartoons be sitcoms? If so I would make a TMNT pack of 4 green mids. Green nubuck toe cap and sides and brown premium leather everywhere else. Each strap would be a different color suede for each NT. The tongue is tan nylon and the laces are brown sb laces. Each insole would have an action shot of each NT. The midsoles are white and the bottoms are iced to match the color of the strap. I would sell all four in a limited edition pack for only certain accounts but skate shops will get the QS version of 1 or 2 of the 4 versions in a regular box.

Question #1.

I think sneakers blogs are what they are, they serve a purpose of getting info out to the sneaker community early, as well as create hype..... and occasionally(prob some more than others) get stuff wrong. I'm sure like with what dude was saying in the video a lot of them just bite each other's info and the misinfo just gets spread even more because of it. IMO you have to take them and their info with a grain of salt. I think the only way they can really be held accountable is if they are consistently promoting false or misinfo people will or should stop frequenting their site. Not sure what else could be done.

I tend to mostly check Sneaker News and stashedboxes..... don't pay attention to any other blogs other than them anymore and like I said even those I take the info with a grain of salt.

Question #2.

I guess I'd stick with Sneaker News if I had to choose one site, just based off of the reasons listed above.

Question #3.

will edit later.

Last edited:
Niketown NYC has the Premier Petosky if anybody is looking. They should be doing phone orders as well.

Back
Top Bottom