2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Link to story: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/Nike-sneaker-scandal-576324

APRIL 17--A federal criminal investigation has uncovered a “large-scale theft” operation inside Nike’s Oregon headquarters, a scheme that targeted valuable sneaker prototypes and involved a Nike product manager, his predecessor at the shoe giant, 

tungwingho.jpg
and a Florida businessman who resold the “extremely rare” kicks to buyers nationwide, The Smoking Gun has learned.

The reseller, Jason Keating, 35, was named yesterday in a U.S. District Court complaint charging him with receiving stolen property.

During a raid last month at his Portland home, Nike employee Tung Ho (seen at right) reportedly admitted to stealing “several hundred pairs” of “pre-production or sample” Nike sneakers. Known as “Look See” models, these pairs are “highly sought after by sneaker collectors” who are willing to pay in excess of $20,000 for shoes that often never go into production, investigators report.

The sale of the stolen “Look See” sneakers resulted in so much money being transferred among the alleged conspirators that JP Morgan Chase Bank officials opened an internal review in late-2012. Chase investigators were apparently concerned that “frequent and large cash deposits and fund transfers” made from Oregon, California, Florida, New York, and New Jersey were consistent with a money laundering operation. For example, over one eight-month period, more than $221,000 was transferred between two of the scheme’s alleged participants.

The “Look See” operation is detailed in a federal court affidavit sworn by an Oregon detective and filed in connection with the felony charge against Keating, who was released from custody today following an appearance in Portland federal court.

According to the affidavit, police were alerted to the thefts in mid-February by Nike security officials during a meeting at the company’s world headquarters in Beaverton. Nike representatives identified the 35-year-old Ho and former Nike employee Kyle Yamaguchi as suspects in the “Look See” operation. Ho, who began working for Nike in 2005, succeeded Yamaguchi, 33, as Nike
kyleyamaguchi1.jpg
Basketball’s “promo product manager” in 2012. Yamaguchi left Nike to operate two eyewear firms, one of which he named “LOOK/SEE.”

As a “promo product manager,” Ho and Yamaguchi (seen at left) were responsible for creating limited edition basketball sneakers and custom “player exclusives” for a wide variety of Nike endorsers, including LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Durant.   

Nike officials told police that Ho had the “ability and authority” to order the production of sample shoes from a Nike factory in China. When those sneakers arrived at Nike’s campus, Ho would load them into a gym bag and transport the items to his car. From there, he would drive to a self-storage facility and unload the merchandise. 

When investigators searched Ho’s residence on March 14, they seized 1941 pairs of Nike shoes and “a large sum of United States currency.” After being read the Miranda warning, Ho “admitted that he had stolen several hundred pairs of Nike Look See shoes and sold them in two (2) different ways” He sold about $15,000 worth of samples on eBay, while the bulk of the stolen “Look See” models were peddled through Yamaguchi, his “middle man.”

During a four-month period ending in March 2013, Yamaguchi wrote 13 checks to Ho--totaling $104,000--according to bank records cited in the affidavit.

Ho claimed that he was unaware of the identity of the buyer to whom Yamaguchi fenced the Nike sneakers. Though Ho admitted that he was aware that the majority of the shoes “were sent to a buyer in Florida who would then sell the Nike Look See shoes to small boutiques and shops around the United States.”

In a March 20 interview with Detective John Bennett, Yamaguchi admitted brokering the sale of the sneakers stolen by Ho in
jasonkeatingmug.jpg
return for a 20 percent commission. He also fingered Keating, saying that the businessman usually traveled to Portland to make payments that sometimes exceeded $30,000.

Yamaguchi’s aid to investigators did not end with his interview, however. Several days later, at the direction of Bennett and a Secret Service agent, he recorded a face-to-face meeting with Keating. The men discussed “their transaction for Nike Look See shoes,” as well as the raid of Ho’s home. Keating, pictured in the adjacent mug shot, also gave Yamaguchi a bag containing more than $20,000 in cash for “Look See” sneakers.

Though Yamaguchi is not named as the individual who was wired up for the Keating encounter, it is clear he is the “Confidential Source,” or “CS,” referred to in the court affidavit. Investigators noted that the “CS” got the impression that Keating was in Oregon to meet with “other potential suppliers of stolen Nike shoes,” and that these sources included “current Nike employees.”

While court records show that only Keating has been hit with a federal rap, it appears likely that Ho and Yamaguchi will also face criminal charges related to their roles in the brazen sneaker scheme. (10 pages)

Please read the article within the spoiler and the police report within the link provided.

Question #1.) What are your thoughts on this story? If you were Nike how would you handle this?

Question #2.) How do you feel about the fact that sneaker blogs aren't covering this story at all? Do you think there is some type of agreement to keep this under wraps?  

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent a member of this thread would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

1) Deep investigation. Anyone caught pulling this, Automatic Termination. I understand that EVERYONE wants samples, but the way this Crime was carried out, straight out Undercover.
2) I actually have seen this mentioned on a couple Blogs...but probably not as much as the Crime should have been. As mentioned above, EVERYONE wants samples and how ever they can get their hands on them, they will try every means possible.
3)John00(You)
1) Dunk High
2) The John00
3) All Black. The Materials used would be the New Woven and Flywire materials used on the New Jordan XX9. 3M laces. The tag would Gray with John00 in Black stitching, on both sneaks. Outsoles would be Clear Translucent. 1st Insole would be John00's hard core stare, that we all look at everytime he's in the thread. The 2nd would be 7/2012(when he joined(although I'm sure he's been around much longer thanm that)), with 10 green ribbons.
4) Inspiration would be You. You are cutting edge and only the best materials should be used for your Nike SB High Dunk. You are as mentoned, "The Gawd!" You always come up with the hook-ups, help, advice, thought-provoking questions, etc...that makes this Thread "Cook(move)" We all look forward to seeing/hearing what insight you will bless us with....
5) Released on your Birthday, in a limit of the year of your Birth.

The question is, who would John00 select?

Anybody got a pair of Koston 2 Max's? Looking to pick these crimson ones that were posted on kicksdeals at Kinetic but was wondering if they're TTS or if I should go half up. For all my free's I usually go up half to 10.5 so any input would be nice.

I wouldn't mind that myself. I have like 4 pairs of SB Blazers (2 Highs and 2 Lows). Not sure why a lot of ppl don't like the blazers.
I just don't like the silhouette. Too gangly looking. The Dunk is much more filled out so it doesn't look weird as a high-top.
Getting petty in here. In other news, any releases dropping soon that need to be on my radar? HS Hi's are a def pass, and Black Sheep has bored me to death with the prolonged tease. I know we had that list circulating, but I don't know of any definitive dates.
I'm passing on the hacky sack highs like:
good morning.
Clean. I wanna throw some purple or red laces in them and see how they look. Mine come in on Wed.

Last edited:

I just don't like the silhouette. Too gangly looking. The Dunk is much more filled out so it doesn't look weird as a high-top.

I'm passing on the hacky sack highs like:

Clean. I wanna throw some purple or red laces in them and see how they look. Mine come in on Wed.
I was considering a purple laceswap as well. I shall see

Funny you posted these. I was just looking around last night to see how prices were on them. Do you have 510s? If so are these breaking in nicely or would you recomend half sizing like with 510s?
I actually have the 510s and these in a 10.5 but honestly I probably should have gone a half size up with both..these are snug but not too tight..I picked em up for about 70 something on pys.. pretty sure Ive seen them go around for that price recently on other sites

I was considering a purple laceswap as well. I shall see
I'm excited to tweak them. I still don't like that toebox black suede but the more I think about it, the more I can't really think of anything better to do with that portion of the shoe. More print and it'd be too boring, anything else would probably look more stupid.

Anybody got a pair of Koston 2 Max's? Looking to pick these crimson ones that were posted on kicksdeals at Kinetic but was wondering if they're TTS or if I should go half up. For all my free's I usually go up half to 10.5 so any input would be nice.
They fit TTS for me and they're one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own.

I actually have the 510s and these in a 10.5 but honestly I probably should have gone a half size up with both..these are snug but not too tight..I picked em up for about 70 something on pys.. pretty sure Ive seen them go around for that price recently on other sites
Man you caught em on a sale or something I guess. PYS has em at $98 now. But yea I've been wondering what ppl thought about sizing on em since like the 510s they are Full Canvas as well.

I'm excited to tweak them. I still don't like that toebox black suede but the more I think about it, the more I can't really think of anything better to do with that portion of the shoe. More print and it'd be too boring, anything else would probably look more stupid.
I actually like the suede there. I love the use of 3 different materials on this shoe. I was saying earlier than this would have been great for this year's BHM. 

Captain America(or whatever name you want) - Available again..

Sizes 9, 9.5, 10, & 10.5 - $134.99 + 20 Shipping

Get em guys...

%24_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Dunk-H..._s_Athletic_Footwear&var=&hash=item5408737b51

Also, I wanted to add to the price check discussion on the Levi HS(and PC's in general).  I think the desired size should be posted when looking for a price check.  We all know how the quantity is dispersed differently between the different sizes, leading to a tax on 12+ and <8.  This would be magnified significantly on something like the blue levi HS, so I think the desired size is very important when asking for any price check. Just my .02 for future PC's. (O and I got 2 pairs, size 12, both for 200. 1 DS, 1 worn a few times, and I thought it was steal both times FWIW) 

Last edited:
Last edited:

I actually like the suede there. I love the use of 3 different materials on this shoe. I was saying earlier than this would have been great for this year's BHM. 
That's an interesting idea. It was a cool 4/20 dunk but really there was no 4/20 release this year technically haha. Like last year those Concord Dunks released ON 4/20.

Tricksters. Price changes to $134.99 when you select a size.

I agree wholeheartedly with your suggestion on providing a size when requesting a price check.
Sorry about that, well I guess it's not a better price then the last one I posted, but still the same price. I'll edit my post..

I'll attempt to make up for it with some "Better Bao's" at box price + shipping, as these seem to be disappearing fast..  

Nike SB Birch aka 'the better bao' - Sizes - 7.5, 8, 8.5, 10, 10.5, & 12 - $94.99 + 15 Shipping

Nike-Sb-Dunk-Hi-Birch-Gum-Red-e1360371059236.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-305050...42?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item41800f1f4e

Last edited:
Sorry about that, well I guess it's not a better price then the last one I posted, but still the same price. I'll edit my post..

I'll attempt to make up for it with some "Better Bao's" at box price + shipping, as these seem to be disappearing fast..  

Nike SB Birch aka 'the better bao' - Sizes - 7.5, 8, 8.5, 10, 10.5, & 12 - $94.99 + 15 Shipping
Nike-Sb-Dunk-Hi-Birch-Gum-Red-e1360371059236.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-305050-206-Dunk-High-Pro-SB-Birch-Hyper-Red-BNIB-/281321348942?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item41800f1f4e
Repped! Just got the 10.5!

I know I know, their not sb's but for anyone that could find a pair to cop should they would not be disappointed, first time rocking them was a stroll around New York City for the auto show and dinner in little Italy and I must say the leather by far is the best compared to any recent release

I wish they used some of the same leather on our sb's
fox bros dunks are awesome!! Check my sig... Just sayin :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom