2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

On the Uprises at the Nike Outlet:
The guy I spoke to said they have over 200 pair of the Uprises and they have multiple FSR's still but their phone has been non-stop for the last hour or 2. I asked for a size 12 or 13 and he said they have at least 15-20 of each left.

Said anything ordered today will go out tomorrow, no tracking or confirmation, but you should expect it in 1-7 business days depending on where you are. (Chicago to Milwaukee is 1 day via FedEx ground.)

thanks for the info ^

I couldnt get thru for the first couple times i called. got the busy tone haha

passed on the blue heroes tho. saw em in person over the weekend and wasn't really feeling em. the blue looked a little plastic-y to me

Yeah blue heros are great but the materials killed it for me. Wish they were better. 

I'm not usually fond of the 'which shoe should I get' questions, but I have to ask: Does anyone own BOTH the SOMPs and the black Mighty Crown dunks?  I'm wondering about the comfort/fit of the Mighty Crowns(as I know the SOMPs are probably super comfy(all suede)) and I'd be curious which one you guys like more personally(if you own/have owned BOTH, as I imagine the Mighty Crowns can only truly be appreciated in hand)

Thanks in advance for any/all responses...

Last edited:
Id go with the shoes that'd get the most wear... cant go wrong with the SOMPs if i was put to choose one of the 2 id go with em. YOTH are nice and loud like Sipy said but id go with the SOMPs without hesitation.

Two very different shoes, both have great materials, but it'll come down to what you'll wear the most IMO.

With so many pairs of shoes these days, I don't know that either pair will get substantially more wears than the other.

i got the SOMP on RD, and waited for a bit to cop the YOTH for resell (copped about a month later)
both are high quality, since the SOMP is subtle i feel like i can wear it in more situations than YOTH
that being said, the YOTH is simply AMAZING - it will blow you away in person
so for me - i wear the SOMP more often, but i like the YOTH more
that probably doesn't help you at all :smile:

Lol that's where I've been going back and forth as well. I love the subtle detail on the SOMP and would have copped if I could have at launch but I didn't have time to hunt. YOTH I passed on thinking they were too loud, but after everyone's photos here over the last 4 months, I hate that I didn't grab them.

Sorry you can't just have one, you need both.

Have both, I will. I keep unloading my wallet on these clearance sales and I look at it like I can get 4 pair of GRs I liked from Concepts for $200 or 1 pair of SOMP/YOTH. And I'm happy that way, too. But the time has come for me to bite on one of these 2 before they get harder to find.

SO THANK YOU everyone who replied. I'm grabbing the YOTH for $185 (really was $170 but $15 shipping). That's around $50 less than I've seen. SOMP for $205 is good but not as good.

If anyone wants to know about the SOMPs for $205 size 13, they're on the bay. Will come out to $200.14 or so after eBay Bucks. Free shipping.

Are these a good pickUp?

65.00 ?

Anywhere to find these for $40ish? I saw them at my local and they aren't horrible for $40. Local wanted $65 plus tax.

And on a side note, who the F are these people that place bids immediately when an auction gets posted? :smh:  I'm not sure I'll ever understand that.  Why bid up an item that still has days left? Maybe I'm missing something... And this for example^^^Why place the minimum bid of $65 when there are multiple days left? Do they really think no one else will bid and they will win for that amount?  Or do you guys think people use separate accounts to bid up their own items (or a friends account)??  I never understood this...

If you know you want to buy them and you put it at what is your no BS max price it'll only show the bid at the minimum and then only increase the bid as other people put in their bids. This way if someone is in an area where for some reason they can't get to a computer or smart phone when the bidding is close to ending at least they put in a best offer.

What I don't get is people that put bids in when the BIN is reasonable. I can see if they're asking for something that nobody is going to bid up to on the BIN, but when it's at market rate or below and it's a pair of shoes you want don't cross your fingers and hope it doesn't get bid up at the end.

Yea I can understand the 'not being available at the end of the auction' thing.  I guess I just feel like it happens way too often, and find it hard to believe that many auctions are actually won that way.  I do agree with the second part though, can't believe the option to grab those for 100 shipped is gone. :smh:  I really was hoping someone here could grab them at that price.  O well, wasn't meant to be I suppose...

Yea, I've been snipering for years. I used to get cursed out until ebay started hiding the winning bidder username.

Prestige level:lol:

As soon as I see there's a reserve I just close the tab if I'm not tryna pay the BIN :lol:
No reserve AND you're starting the bidding at .99? :evil: I start camping like I'm playing MW2 :lol:
Eye that thing for days and then at the last second swoop in and get my pair.

I can understand the - put your max bid in whenever, set it and forget it, and see how it plays out strategy. But, IMO, if you're going to do that, you should use a sniper service. If you are going to bid manually, you should wait until as close to the auction as possible and then put in your max bid. Nickel-and-dime-ing in crunch time is always risky because you can very easily lose something for a price that were actually willing to pay but did not get your bid in. Plus, a "tie" is going to the person whose bid was in first. So, if you're willing to pay 100, and so am I, and I'm in with my bid, currently sitting at 80, and you put in 100, you won't beat it. Also, it's always a good idea to bid one or two increments above a round number. If you want to bid 100, you'd probably be okay paying 102.50, and that off number will beat the many people who will just reflexively bid a round number.

On the original question - people being dumb about bidding, and sellers cooking the books with shill bidding are not mutually exclusive. Both occur.

I've been told that "solesupremecy" is a known for engaging in shill bid activities.

Last edited:
Anyone ever use suede protector on suede SB's?

I think I mentioned this before, but I took my Suede/Surede-like Sneaks to my Cobbler and he sprayed them with a Industrial Scotch Gard, so they bead with any/all Liquids now.I would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom