2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

There's too much trying to "Keep up with the Jones"  with sneakers nowadays. The fun thing is when you look back at the shoes people were so hyped to get, you never see them wore a year or two later.

Example: Last year, everyone wanted the Lebron 10 "Cork". How many times have you seen that shoe wore or on a blog this year, yet so many people wanted, camped and purchased. Nowadays, Its about FOMO, Fear Of Missing Out
Yeah. What made me realize this was the picture of Rip Hamilton and his two filled tractor trailers of PE's/other jordans. You'll never have the best or biggest collection, so why even bother. Just get what you like, when you can afford to get it, and someday you'll have a respectable collection without the whole IG stunting thing.

:smokin

Yeah. What made me realize this was the picture of Rip Hamilton and his two filled tractor trailers of PE's/other jordans. You'll never have the best or biggest collection, so why even bother. Just get what you like, when you can afford to get it, and someday you'll have a respectable collection without the whole IG stunting thing.
They all think Rome was built in a day... It's a foolish but understandable mentality of now

Dope shot of the Papa Bears. Just got mine recently and love them. Super comfy shoes.

They all think Rome was built in a day... It's a foolish but understandable mentality of now
It definitely comes from our technology age where everything is done in milliseconds. If our phones take 3 seconds to load a webpage, it's too slow. You used to have to wait 2 hours to download a single song. People have lost all sense of patience haha

If you don't have the means (if you live paycheck to paycheck)..

YOU SHOULD NOT OWN MORE PAIRS OF SHOES THAN THERE ARE DAYS IN THE WEEK.

I've been there. I moved on my own at 17. I got a sleazy apartment for $200/month from a slumlord and worked 10hrs/week at $10/hr cleaning up at a bar after close to pay it. I had exactly $15 leftover a **edit:tongue:aycheck to buy a loaf of bread, pack of bologna, and multivitamins every 2 weeks so I didn't get malnourished. I applied at 200 jobs, and after 5 months i finally got some more part time minimum wage work. moved up to cheese and ham sammiches! then i got a 2nd minimum wage job. worked my *** off, and got promoted to a General Manager after 18months and i was making over $30,000/yr at age 19 with only a High School diploma.

8 years later I drive a BMW, among other things,

My point is...what kind of idiot wastes their rent money on ******* shoes?

Last edited:
Ugh.. Imma have to drop 200$ on some somps before the bay dries up.. I can't look at them much longer with out owning a pair.
176.55 from fliestkicks and it only took a week to get them...You will not be disappointed, was gonna unDS mine tonight but it started raining so I'm stuck wearing my Barber Shops 
mad.gif

Last edited:
mints mints you own different shoes. What's the most comfortable pair you have? All my shoes are sbs & I'm looking for something comfortable

I've got different shoes for different needs, I think if I had to pick one that was all around the best at comfort it'd probably be a NB runner a pair of m580, they provide the stability I need as someone with a tendency to slightly overpronate and just the right amount of cushion for wearing all day long. If you want to keep things in the SB realm, I'd honestly take a look at the lunar shots, they're not going to win any contests for looks, but they feel pretty good on your feet.

I almost didn't get to this because I haven't been spending as much time on here lately. First time I've been actually busy at work all week, and just in time too, one of the main courts I hit is going to be dead next week with all the judges gone for their CLE in Destin, FL (aka a way to get drunk and go to the beach and get paid to do it)

To the guy that spent rent money on sneakers, I hope you're trolling, it not, you're probably going to have a hard lesson in money management reality. Some of us have been there, I never goofed on rent but I ruined my credit in other ways during college and even now years later I'm still working on rebuilding things. Since I don't have kids and my monthly expenses are pretty slim I can support my sneaker habit most of the time, but when I can't, I become scarce so that I'm not even tempted to place orders for stuff that will put me back down the debt path.

for some reason, I've never picked up a pair of Venoms. That picture makes me want to rectify that deficiency in my closet.

Michaelnguyenx3 took that shot of the Papa bears saw them on SB, thought the shot was :smokin made the shoe look so dope.

These came in from SpoT
Insta-UnDs

That tongue though! I still haven't got a pair either and by the time I got back from the wilderness (was camping last weekend lol) they were all sold out in my size from concept :frown:

Love them..you definitely should, they're super clean in their own way. Love the gray/black on em

No matter how much you pay, you won't be disappointed. Even better if you pay around the $150 mark though!

There's too much trying to "Keep up with the Jones"  with sneakers nowadays. The fun thing is when you look back at the shoes people were so hyped to get, you never see them wore a year or two later.

Example: Last year, everyone wanted the Lebron 10 "Cork". How many times have you seen that shoe wore or on a blog this year, yet so many people wanted, camped and purchased. Nowadays, Its about FOMO, Fear Of Missing Out
Interesting post. I will point out that the FOMO merely is a direct representation of having your priorities in order. What's there to miss out nowadays? Every shoe that releases can be found, you will just have to pay more.

Back
Top Bottom