2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

My boy gots a pair of these Eddie Van Halen Dunks he wants to trade me... Anyone know what's up with these

He said they are hard to get....

Last edited:
Does anyone have a solution to this? I don't like lacing them that high. But my tweeds and krampus don't do this. I was thinking a small stick on velcro strip?? Any other suggestions?
ive seen people put a little super glue on straps to hold them. id jet recommend lacing them up to the first strap eyelet

Does anyone have a solution to this? I don't like lacing them that high. But my tweeds and krampus don't do this. I was thinking a small stick on velcro strip?? Any other suggestions?
Fishing line bro (thin and translucent as you can get). Did that with my skatemental highs and it's hardly noticeable.

Went To Brooklyn Projects LA today… Tried to buy these  

they only had small sizes - Dom was there n told me the full shipment hadn't came in yet.. So I'll probably go back n check in a few days...

Bought some BP's while i was there… It only makes sense

gotta have those Dunks right there^^^

My boy gots a pair of these Eddie Van Halen Dunks he wants to trade me... Anyone know what's up with these

DO the trade. And then everyone will tell you that you could find those in Marshalls and TJ Maxx and Ross for a long time.

Last edited:
Went To Brooklyn Projects LA today… Tried to buy these  

they only had small sizes - Dom was there n told me the full shipment hadn't came in yet.. So I'll probably go back n check in a few days...

Bought some BP's while i was there… It only makes sense

gotta have those Dunks right there^^^

You can find em on the Bay for like $75 shipped

I bought these for like 80 DS 3 or so years ago on SC. Never knew what they were called. They're pretty ill though.

I bought these for like 80 DS 3 or so years ago on SC. Never knew what they were called. They're pretty ill though.
As i dig deeper...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-over-guitars-signature-color-scheme-20090617

Eddie van halen Sued Nike over these shoes… 

He is seeking both monetary retribution and "the impoundment and destruction of all footwear." While the sneaker does feature red, white and black stripes on the sole — a popular tri-color combination — it doesn't seem identical to Van Halen's pattern, and in response to the suit, a Nike spokesperson said, "Nike's Dunk shoe design is not substantially similar to any of the Van Halen designs, and Nike has not referenced the 'Van Halen' name or image as part of any marketing campaign or promotional material associated with the shoe."

They're not very well built. It was an NYX dunk released in 08 I think. Like I said you could find them all over for about 30 in 2009.

Eddie Van Halen did sue Nike over them though, but I can't seem to find any followup articles about the suit making me think it ended up being quashed especially since they were all over.

edit: EVH is a litigious mofo. Google "Eddie Van Halen lawsuit" and see how many different hits pop up over seemingly trivial nonsense.

Last edited:
As i dig deeper...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-over-guitars-signature-color-scheme-20090617

Eddie van halen Sued Nike over these shoes… 

He is seeking both monetary retribution and "the impoundment and destruction of all footwear." While the sneaker does feature red, white and black stripes on the sole — a popular tri-color combination — it doesn't seem identical to Van Halen's pattern, and in response to the suit, a Nike spokesperson said, "Nike's Dunk shoe design is not substantially similar to any of the Van Halen designs, and Nike has not referenced the 'Van Halen' name or image as part of any marketing campaign or promotional material associated with the shoe."

Damn. I beat those shoes. Threw em away when we moved. I asked a lot of people what they were and no one ever knew. I'd love to find another pair.

Now why couldn't the Legal team be like this with the Black Sheep? I would even like to know how they let something like that get past them, given the pattern was similar :smh:

Back
Top Bottom