2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Quote:
laugh.gif

@John00, will answer all those & post a PS of MY 2014 Dunk later tonight
happy.gif
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with my dude.
nthat.gif

1.  I havent really dealt with any nonsense personally.  But i think that fb groups can get pretty dumb.  Some of the things that i question are the be like kanye, resell is life, etc. type posts.

2.  RTJ, because they earned it.

3.  I hope so, but honestly have no idea what to think anymore.

4.  Probably UCS restock because i actually went and waited in line (didnt do that for any other release last year), or the white LMs just because i had to pay resell on them.

5.  Not a nike skater, but id like to see Bastien Salabanzi sign with nike and get his own sb pro model.

6.  I think i was most disappointed in the quality of the disposables, i had higher expectations for them.

7.  Jackie Robinson.  Brooklyn dodgers themed colorway or something like that.

8.  DS Petsokey lows for like 70$

9.  Yes, i think it has done more damage than good.

10.  1) Dunk Low

2) Jackpot

3) Red and gold uppter with a white midsole, and outsole like the CNYs.  All suede.

4) 2014 was a big year for me, i think i hit the jackpot 3 times.  I got married, company i worked for got bought and got a very nice stock payout, and i literally hit the jackpot when i hit pretty big on a 5$ scratchoff lotto ticket.

5) 1 of 1, for me only.  

10.  1) Dunk Low

2) Jackpot

3) Red and gold uppter with a white midsole, and outsole like the CNYs.  All suede.

4) 2014 was a big year for me, i think i hit the jackpot 3 times.  I got married, company i worked for got bought and got a very nice stock payout, and i literally hit the jackpot when i hit pretty big on a 5$ scratchoff lotto ticket.

5) 1 of 1, for me only.  
Very good creation my dude. Congrats on having a good year!

Question #1.) I hate all the bot/atc slot BS

Question #2.)

Question #3.) HELL NO, THIS YEAR WILL BE THE WORST YET!

1. Just the overall education of some of the people who consider sneaker collecting/purchasing/wearing as more of a status symbol than a hobby/personal enjoyment. I liken it to the generation of Kanye fans who took to Twitter to announce recently that they didn't know who this "Paul McCartney guy" was, but that he was about to "blow up" thanks to Kanye. 

2. I've always said a Dilla dunk would have the potential to be incredible. I'd probably answer Pharcyde if they were still making music as a foursome. Madlib would be another good one. People that are just super creative.

3. I really thought 2014 was going to be the year for the "sneakerhead" fad to wear out, but it wasn't in any way. I'm not sure I see it ending in 2015 either. There seem to be less fads nowadays. Maybe I'm getting old and don't realize it. But I remember short lived fads like slap bracelets, POGs, XXXXL Tall Tees, Throwback jerseys, etc. Now it seems that "fads" are more media related and/or involve memes or sayings. As much as I would like the sneaker "fad" to die down, I'd just as much like to see people stop saying "bae" and "tbh" etc

4. If we are talking a shoe that released this year SB-wise, I'd probably say Lance Mountains because I was unwilling to camp and was stingy with what I wanted to pay resell. Got them (Whites) for around what I was willing to pay, so that was good. If we are talking amount of work this year for a shoe that released at any point in time then it's either the Mosquitos or Gibsons, both of which I had been hunting for multiple years.

5. Honestly, I'm not a big skateboard guy. I don't skate, but I enjoy watching it and I know about the superstars. I'm just not sure who everyone else who doesn't have a sig is signed to (or if they are signed to other brands). BUT, I'm going to go with Dan Murphy since he's a local NC cat and been into the skate-shoe game for a while. He's even featured in one of the earlier Sole Collector magazines wrg to Dunks. He used to take my lil bro skating back in the day when I was "too cool" to be skating, so I'll go with him.

6. I'd probably say the Hacky Sack release. Didn't cop either. When I heard about it, I had pretty high expectations. Didn't think the design was great and thought they left a lot to be desired with the material.

7. Jackie Robinson dunk. I'm a Dodger fan, so that would be awesome to me.

8. I can't think of what it would be price wise. But I had someone look out for me on Tiff Highs. I appreicate a good oop as much as a steal. With that in mind, special shoutout to this thread and esp @John00  @DanVSMan@Dcypoe81  @void4114  @rapcoz2134  who all at some point helped me grab a pair or participate in something sweet like the exchange. I'm sure I forgot some of you, don't take it personal. I love you all.

9. Probably has done more damage because it allows for ignorance without correction.

10. I've been dealing with some nasty plantar fascitis that started in 2014, so I'm going with a CMFT Nike SB Dunk Low here. And for the play on words of the foot issues and my avy, I'll call it the Tar Heels dunk.

- Extra padded insole with Grey insoles and My avy on the Heel made out of a separate gel Dr Scholl's steez material/gel

- Patent leather Carolina Blue swoosh

- Smoked translucent sole (think beijings)

- Light grey toebox, side panel, Heel all leather

- Everything else Carolina Blue

**I promise next time I'll stay away from UNC related dunk, with that release this year I know y'all have heard a lot of that haha!  

Last edited:
This thread just caused me to make a purchase..

After seeing pics of the plus collab I ended up on premier's site..

And copped a stussy button down lol

1. I think as long as it keeps happening ppl getting robbed and hurt over kicks will always be my answer for dumbest things I've had to see/read about sneakers. Aside from that I think ppl not having priorities in order and putting shoes over obviously more important things would be another dumb thing I saw. (Red October craze comes to mind :smh: )

2. I'd love to see another Rhyme Sayers Label artist get a collab. Dooms came out very nice so I wouldn't mind seeing something from another artist maybe Brother Ali or Atmosphere. Also while they weren't ever on Rhyme Sayers Label I would like to see a Pharcyde (More specifically Fatlip) dunk I imagine it'd be cool.

3. I think as long as social media is around so is the "Fad".

4. I guess the Diamonds took the most effort for me I was on NDC for most the day waiting to get em in my cart lol I also was a goner for the SOMPs due to the release method but got hooked up from a member on NT a month or so after release. Otherwise I might still be SOMPless.

5.Definitely Theotis Beasely he been at it awhile now with NSB team and is pretty damned smooth on the board (Still believe smoothest in game is Antwuan Dixon but another story for another day).

6. Black Sheep and BPs By far.

7. Black Panther dunks or some Freedom Bus Riders dunks.

8. Didn't really get any steals last year I guess the shields and Legion pines would be here I did get them $56 and $50 shipped.

9.I think it's had it's up and downs so far. But overall I think it's had a more positive affect on community. But then again I don't use social media enough to see most of the negatives.

I'll have to get back at you on #10 John00 John00

Last edited:
Reps for finally grabbing those brotato :smokin

appreciate that bro :smokin

ive been searching since they released (FEB 2012) but have always struck out. I even struck out when they had a small restock at some skateshops a few years ago. highest i would go was 150 for a DS pair, which is what i paid...

Last edited:
1. The whole Red October release was bananas. Brilliant by Nike to randomly drop them completely unannounced on a Sunday morning. Had I not been shoveling my driveway I likely would've been able to secure a pair. Damn you Ohio winters!
2. I'd LOVE to see Em do an SB collab...the previous Air Max collabs between him and Nike have been awesome, and the scrapped Civil x Nike 'Cobra Commander' joints remind me of the Encore IVs interpolated to a Dunk High.
3. I think for the most part, SBs are in a "bubble" so to speak, unaffected by fads and trends in the sneaker community. Even the most hyped releases of last year were simple to get (save for maybe the AJ1 x SBs, I didn't try for them, wasn't involved with the thread yet).
4. Even though they were an easy scoop, I'd say that I put the most "work" into the NL lows from Premier. I was stalking their server (and the Select site's server) for a hot minute prior to the release trying to make sure everyone that wanted to could eat.
5. Don't follow skating at all, can't offer a good opinion here.
6. Tiffs, easily. Material was pure garbage.
7. n/a
8. I scooped 2 DS pairs of original 1998 black/red XIIIs in my size for $100 each in January of last year. Couldn't believe the price especially considering this is my all time favorite pair.
9. I wouldn't say social media has necessarily "destroyed" the culture, but it's definitely amplified the negative aspects of it.
10. Pending.

My dude up there said a Black Panther themed Dunk though?
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I'd actually support seeing a Black Panther release, the real deal Black Panther party did a lot of good for the communities they served. So much that they ended up being vilified by the government and targeted for stuff that ended up being WAY illegal via the FBI's COINTELPRO operation.

Back
Top Bottom