2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

One of the more popular shoes that has fallen into the not initially popular category is those Monopolies from a few years ago.

So hard to find a reasonably priced pair nowadays

saw these last night and asked, because pictures were sketchy...seller said they were tried on once "indoors," never outside. 
They looked clean but they've definitely been worn outside. There's a damn rock in the sole of the right shoe (left side in the picture).

One of the more popular shoes that has fallen into the not initially popular category is those Monopolies from a few years ago.

I caught the devil trying to find a pair in a 13.  After a lengthy search, I ended up buying mine from projectblitz.

Those are on my list but I have a hard time pulling the trigger when I find a good deal
One day when I'm bored I'll prob grab a pair

Theory makes sense.

If something is on clearance, it's because no one is buying it.

If people buy something for cheap, they wear it without remorse.

If you're trying to find something on the second hand market, you'll have better luck buying something popular, that people cherish.

DS Tiffs are way easier to find than some DS Shimizu's, for example

these look so classic here:

kind of look a little grunge too. sleepers for sure but i can see how it can be overpriced to some people. its kind of hard to pull of.

(not sure if the second shoe is fake because the tongue looks flat..not v shaped.)

Last edited:
I'm "guilty" of this in my own collection

Certain shoes get treated like royalty (paid in Full , RESN highs, those gray/black/white GRs that I can only find in Asian sites) and others get beat like Tina (Giants lows, midnight fog lows, warmth lows, blue devil highs)

The good thing about the unloved is when you do find them they are generally inexpensive

Edit: thought I quoted @sharkin
On mobile so not even trying to fix it

Last edited:
Love barfs. Much more subtle than today's loud kicks
its loud in a way but like muted so its not really loud. love it too here. im wondering if they go with black jeans cause thats all i own. do you have a pair?

Nah holding out on a fat tongue pair. Got a pair for my friend as a house warming present a while back tho.

They were considered loud at a point tho

Sounds like that size 13 struggle to me, bc I see them all the time in 11-12 for reasonable prices.

I'm holding out on a fat tongue pair as well. As soon as a pair hits the market in 11.5, someone page me :lol:

Day 25: I was standing in top of the counter for this photo..... Would have pulled the jeans up out of the way but not feeling my sock choice today (light blue argyle SB socks) they didn't go as well as I thought so #ntdenim it is

prices for these really skyrocketed

Sounds like that size 13 struggle to me, bc I see them all the time in 11-12 for reasonable prices.
Nah holding out on a fat tongue pair. Got a pair for my friend as a house warming present a while back tho.

They were considered loud at a point tho
nicee, i would of definitely bought myself a pair too.  makes sense i think. id like to have a fat pair but i dont skate much now really so it doesnt make THAT much of a difference to me. why are you guys going for fat tongues, do you like the look better as well? i only know homers as thin tongues and i think theyre still dope but was their a certain time frame where they only made thin tongue sbs? i dont see much..or maybe i just dont notice them.

Last edited:
Fat Tongue / Thin Tongue means nothing when skating. Anyone who skates can tell you the board rarely hits the TOP of your feet.

Dunk SBs have a fat tongue because puffy overpadded skate shoes were the rage when SB started up. The puffy tongues from the pro b series were just Nike's attempt to make the dunk look more like a contemporary skate shoe.

I actually really enjoy like the looks of the trainerendor, especially the all black pair. How's the fit and feel?

Needing a little help here. Never really had a reason to do this till now. Can I get a quick legit check on these please?

What do you guys think??

100% fake lol [emoji]128514[/emoji] ***** are horrible

Fat Tongue / Thin Tongue means nothing when skating. Anyone who skates can tell you the board rarely hits the TOP of your feet.

Dunk SBs have a fat tongue because puffy overpadded skate shoes were the rage when SB started up. The puffy tongues from the pro b series were just Nike's attempt to make the dunk look more like a contemporary skate shoe.
ah i just thought it feels more comfortable. at what point were they making only thin tongues though? were their many sought after ones are were barfs the only ones?

fat tongue or not they should of focused more on colorways!

edit: they must of expected a rise in the worth of sbs stock to go back to fat tongues again

Last edited:
at what point were they making only thin tongues though? were their many sought after ones are were barfs the only ones?

There was a time period where they only did thin, I believe, but I can't tell you when off the top of my head. Believe it was around blue box. Someone else will be able to answer.

In the case of barfs and ostriches (and possibly others, not sure) they did fat and thin tongues. I asked about this specifically in relation to barfs and someone said the fat tongues come with the green label denoting a euro release I believe. So as I and bballer were saying, we're waiting for barfs with fat tongues. There are fewer on the market and they are more expensive from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Which one of you big footers is willing to drop almost 2k on those Skunks on eBay :nerd:?

There's a 14 that comes with white LM for 1200

ah i just thought it feels more comfortable. at what point were they making only thin tongues though? were their many sought after ones are were barfs the only ones?

fat tongue or not they should of focused more on colorways!

edit: they must of expected a rise in the worth of sbs stock to go back to fat tongues again
Shape and model is very important.

I like the bulk the puffy tongues provides

I wanna say Barfs were a one off until a series of Blue Box lows got the thin tongue treatment.

Nah, nike released several silver boxes with orange labels - Ostriches, Barfs, and Broncos.

All supposedly super rare but I don't think anyone outside of a handful of people care/know. (I copped a pair of DS orange label Ostriches for $100 early this year)

Last edited:
Nah, nike released several silver boxes with orange labels - Ostriches, Barfs, and Broncos.

All supposedly super rare but I don't think anyone outside of a handful of people care/know. (I copped a pair of DS orange label Ostriches for $100 early this year)
Are they really that rare? I had a pair of semi-stuffed Broncos and got rid of it after the midsoles started yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom