2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Tokyos were supposed to represent a blank canvas; there was no branding at all (tongue tag/ankle collar) and the uppers are made of canvas.

Londons were (partially) inspired by the Thames as mentioned above, but the color blocking is supposed to represent the gloomy weather that is synonymous with London.

Paris was a real piece of artwork by Bernard Buffet as mentioned that was cut up and used on the uppers of the shoes.

NYC joints were obviously inspired by the pigeons that are so prevalent in the city.

Edit:

Here's a good video by creeper Jordy explaining the whole City Pack:

Last edited:
I don't think the city pack was too much on the cities themselves but what the cities contributed to the evolution of the "white dunk". All 4 dunks from that city series are very different not only how they look but what they represent. Never really thought about it so much until today lol I wish I could find pictures or something on the exhibit

I guess I never thought about it but the city pack was spread over two box eras?

How much time was there in between the releases?

I wasn't around for all that

Last edited:
The Tokyo represents the white canvas of the white dunk, really makes the connection between the shoe and the exhibit and the idea that a white dunk can evolve and have possibility.

The Paris represents the evolution of dunk into art, like the stuff they did with futura, MOCA, etc

The London  represents the evolution of the dunk into the idea that a shoe can have a concept, not just through that iconic branding but the colorblocking, the materials etc.

The Pigeon of course captures the raw essence of what the sb dunk represents, basically skateboarding.

I guess I never thought about it but the city pack was spread over two box eras?

How much time was there in between the releases?

I wasn't around for all that
​paris and London exhibit were in 2002 probably Iike a year or so because pigeons didn't come out until 2005

• " Knit upper with suede overlays offers a sock-like fit and durable support "
full picture of toebox seen from above would be interesting..

Last edited:
Midsole isn't stitched on those elites. Didn't they do that on another dunk recently? Or am I remembering it in reference to these?

Last edited:
Dope pics @J Mobile !!

Got the forbes and am very happy with em. Breaking out the daisy dukes and cutoff denim vest. Pics incoming..... Jk
Hahaha. Thanks. The other day I wore a denim jacket w/ jeans, which my fiancee hates, and when she saw the Denims come in, she told me if I wear those with that outfit, she'd leave me. Hahah. 

Tokyos were supposed to represent a blank canvas; there was no branding at all (tongue tag/ankle collar) and the uppers are made of canvas.

Londons were (partially) inspired by the Thames as mentioned above, but the color blocking is supposed to represent the gloomy weather that is synonymous with London.

Paris was a real piece of artwork by Bernard Buffet as mentioned that was cut up and used on the uppers of the shoes.

NYC joints were obviously inspired by the pigeons that are so prevalent in the city.

Edit:

Here's a good video by creeper Jordy explaining the whole City Pack:

LMFAO "creeper Jordy".

Been A Minute SB Fam!

Hasn't Been Much From The Line To Spark My Interest As Of Late But These Denims Were A Must! :smokin

Been Playing Around With Freying One Shoe And Liking The Look Over Their Factory Appearance. I Love That They Left A Little Extra Material At The Seams So That The End User Can Achieve This Finish :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom