2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Finally picked these up !!

Was watching those. Dude had a lot of heat.

I can see the people of 2030 being like 

"Damn I'd do anything for a pair of those 2015 de la soul dunks but I can't find a pair for less than 2k on eBay"

but you also have to picture that by 2030 2k will only be worth like $700 bucks today.

if we still here...
someone will be if its not us, i live near a k-8 school and so I see the young kids almost every day and have observed:

1. lots of the kids under 10 running around playing in air jordans and nike air max shoes, this means their parents buying it for them, this means when they get older they'll be ready set for the nostalgia market factor that draws so many in.

2. all the young preteen skater kids wearing sb dunks and janoskis, most of these 9-12 year old boys already wearing dunks, considering college students through grown men wear dunks these kids could foreseeably be buying and wearing dunks for the next 20-30 years of their lives. 

3. there is a little asian fast food place near me that does fries, corn dogs, milk teas, boba drinks, etc. and I go there sometimes to get thai iced tea (if you haven't tried thai tea you must, it is delicious) and I have walked in multiple times and seen young kids after school sitting around a table buying, selling, and trading their jordan, nike, and nike sb shoes. they carry these shoes around in their backpacks or in bags at school with the same pride and love I used to carry things like Pokemon cards, my gameboy advance, etc.

Funny seeing asian 10 year olds sitting around a table arguing over the trade value of air jordans like grown *** men. 
laugh.gif

These kids will be on the site within the next few years once they get some online independence and so it continues. Given the way sneakerheads have entered the cultural zeigeist and explosive changes in access and connectivity with technology I feel that barring some disaster or collapse of civilization there will be people on Niketalk for hundreds if not thousands of years to come. 

The AJ1 dropped 1985 and here we are, the SB Dunk came out 2002 basically based on the AJ1, and we still here today. 

Last edited:
Honestly it will probably just get like JB to where Nike SB has released basically every color possible and just retro's the most desirable ones in lengthy cycles and release trash retro +'s whenever they discover a new physically possible and unused colorway or material combination 
laugh.gif

From sippin iced chai tea watching children play and skate philosophizing the current state of this generations spirit. To niketalk surviving the apocalypse, that was one hell of a read.

Last edited:
From sippin iced chai tea watching children play and skate philosophizing the current state of this generations spirit. To niketalk surviving the apocalypse, that was one hell if a read.
thanks, and it is thai tea dawg not chai

sweet, creamy, and very caffeinated! 

Never had it. Wonder how it tastes. I doubt it's that caffeinated, to me espresso is caffeinated not really tea
Trust me try it, its nothing like any other tea you've ever tried. 

Its an asian black tea mixed with sweet and condensed milk.

It tastes sweet, creamy, yet intriguingly tangy. 

An 8Oz serving has half as much caffeine as an 8Oz of dark roast coffee coffee but they usually come in 16oz or so cups usually so its about as much caffeine as a cup of dark roast coffee

If Caffeine is your game you would probably prefer Vietnamese Iced Coffee which is literally just two shots of espresso brewed from grounds right in front of you over sweet and condensed milk and ice. 

drinking one of them makes me feel like i popped a 30mg XR adderall lmao 

between Thai Iced Tea, Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Boba drinks, etc. these asians really got they drink game on lock #FACTS

After holding out was able to get on sale through SPOT, came in today. Suede is nice, probably going with black laces. The swoosh red accent reminds me of stranger things title/logo. 

Thinking about buying some vamps & crocs. Crocs (gorge green) easier to buy

Lol, the office has that heat apparently. Love these luckys though that sucks about the peeling. Props on wearing a grail though, they still look brand new!

As far as the earlier convo about the shoes and this next generation. I've never seen kids trading shoes like pokemon cards in LA, that's probably just in affluent areas like in San Francisco. Most of the kids I see aren't even wearing nike nowadays, if they are it's the new Lebrons or Kyrie's. There's an occasional dunk or Jano sighting but they're few and far between. For the most part I see them wearing adidas boost and hyping over the yeezy's now. That said, style and trends tend to be regional as well cyclical so there are some things that always come back in popularity. People will always go nuts for the OG colorways like the space jams but with the exception of classics I don't have a hard time getting my J's anymore, the market just doesn't seem to care. He's not playing anymore and how many kids are really going to go back to watch the classic games on grainy old TV? I bet if you asked teens who the number 23 belongs to they'd say Lebron instead of Mike. 

I just don't see another generation of kids getting crazy hyped over Michael Jordan or with professional skateboarding as a fad (all the teens I see tend to be on penny or long boards now). There are definitely more people skating, you can see that by just counting the number of skateparks that are around now compared to what we had growing up. I still see kids tearing those up on normal boards on my way home from work so it's definitely not going anywhere, I just don't see them wearing dunks.

As far as the coffee... y'all are talking about coffee? 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom