2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Serious question, do some of you guys actually care and have feelings about (positive or negative) celebrities wearing SBs? Or are y'all just pointing out and sharing the photos?

Some people are influenced yet claim not to be and others don't want SB to have the attention they get, yet want them to get attention at the same time.

Serious question, do some of you guys actually care and have feelings about (positive or negative) celebrities wearing SBs? Or are y'all just pointing out and sharing the photos?

Mixed bag for me.

Love seeing someone who you know appreciates SBs in SBs I wouldn’t look twice at Wale in purple lobsters.

I don’t have negative feelings, but it feels forced when mumble rappers who have never worn them wear purple lobs.

I will happily retract said statement if Lil Whoever is rocking SB GRs in 2020.

I don't care at all. I mean, it's cool to see. But, whatever.

Me myself, I was just sharing a pic because Jay-z has a deal with Puma and I was surprised to see him in a Nike. Especially an SB. I’m an old guy, I don’t care what anyone wears. I still wear NT denim. lol

Personally, I couldn’t care less. If they’re wearing them, cool. If not, cool. But, as a lover of SBs, I love it when they get love publicly, despite the fact that the cost of that is it might be harder for me to get the pairs I want.

I always enjoy seeing people rocking em.
Makes me sad when people are so vehemently against it, as if SBs are only for them personally, but again, whatever, haha.

Well damn he beat me to this?

IMG_7186.PNG

Mixed bag for me.

Love seeing someone who you know appreciates SBs in SBs I wouldn’t look twice at Wale in purple lobsters.

I don’t have negative feelings, but it feels forced when mumble rappers who have never worn them wear purple lobs.

I will happily retract said statement if Lil Whoever is rocking SB GRs in 2020.

X2 this answer.
Good question/convo starter too vinnuendo.

I would say that for the majority of us, we can agree that the SB community is niche, for lack of a better word.

Cool concepts and designs coupled with high wearability, coupled with the fact that we know that there are some SB Dunks that are among the most influential sneakers ever. We buy SBs because we enjoy the camaraderie that the small community provides, and we know that it's unlikely we're gonna run into 5 dudes at the mall all wearing the same thing.

Seeing dudes like Jay and Uzi rock them takes away from them being niche and makes them mainstream. As they become increasingly more mainstream, it highly increases the chance that people who have been "loyal" to Nike SB will miss pairs they want due to resellers scooping FSRs, it increases the chance that you'll bump into people wearing the same kicks as you, etc.

It's not an issue of entitlement, but rather wanting the small niche community to stay small and niche.

Appreciate all the responses. I'm definitely on the side of not caring about who's wearing what, and I don't buy enough anymore for any prices to have been effected lately. I also never really caught the niche of it since I got into dunks and SBs around 2008 in NYC when GR dunks were on shelves at footlocker, 6.0s at journeys and everyone had SBs. A lot of people (myself included) simply wore SBs because they were cheap. I had four pairs of janoskis, some bruins that were on sale for like $40, etc. I didn't have any kind of card so I got most of mine via meetups from facebook groups or solecollector, so since all these dudes in my city had them I always saw them as pretty common.

Eric Koston brings the positive vibes (not just because he's signed with NSB).

Back
Top Bottom