2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Even better, I rock 8 or 8.5s, so not having an iphone didnt really affect me. What a lame NTWRK promo if the availability is so limited. Maybe he'll have 50 total for the world that bought keychains.

6E07272A-DEEF-41FA-9C1B-10CF714959B3.jpeg
Slams?? Man those are pretty nice! I slept hard on those. Or it's probably the pic that makes it look even better worn and beat like that.

true or not for those who really wants em I would still try if I didn’t have anything better to do. If it is true those numbers could still change

continuing the GOAT SB conversation: i'm having a hard time picking one dunk...heck even filtering it down to 3-5 is hard. it has to be a low for me though. while there have been some great highs, there've been so many more great lows. if i really had to filter it down right now, the following are clear standouts:

OG Pigeon: even if you subtract the hype around this shoe, it's one that captures the essence of SB -- a great concept/story with excellent execution. however, I'm slightly a bigger fan of the Purple Pigeons, despite the lack of pigeon patch/stitching.
SBTG: a bit disappointed that there's not more conversation going on around these. i think only one person mentioned it in the last few pages (shoutouts to @tik, which is nuts considering all the attention these got back during ISS & NSB days! these might have been the first pair of shoes that made the idea of "sneakers as art" viable to me, but they're not over the top like typical royalefam customs.
Denim Forbes Low: yes we got a great retro high of these and we've seen countless shoes with denim on them, but nothing has touched these. i still remember going to FlightClub when it was not much more than a hole in a wall and looking at these in awe. These and White/Blue Supreme Lows tie it up for me for best orange box era dunk (shoutouts to vinnuendo vinnuendo for the great wear up there).

so many more that could be highlighted though. i get goosebumps whenever i think about the SB catalogue and all the great releases they've had. so many big releases (city series, tiff, etc) and even more sleepers (shanghais, all the brazil exclusives, band aids, etc).

we might have to get a bracket going for this!

BC212176-0FC6-42B7-BE0F-2DA60E4D721B.jpeg

This pic sums up my feelings towards Jeff Staple

Imo the panda dunks & black pigeons both suck but I feel bad for the people that want these shoes.

face it though, Jeff is a one trick pony(pigeon in this case) dude has been rehashing the same crap over and over his entire career.

besides the navigation pack 90’s what has he ever done besides put pigeons on crap and cash a check off?

please remind us again for the uptenth time how your shoe caused a riot in 05’

My top list:

1. Paris: I know I will never own these but these are a crazy piece of art
2. Tiffany lows: These are the pair that really got me into the sneaker game, these looked so beautiful when I first saw them (later found out they were hyped and expensive). Eventually scooped a pair.
3. Red Supreme highs: On the hunt for these.
4. White Supreme lows: Lucky to score a DS pair of these bad boys
5. Huf highs

Imo the panda dunks & black pigeons both suck but I feel bad for the people that want these shoes.

face it though, Jeff is a one trick pony(pigeon in this case) dude has been rehashing the same crap over and over his entire career.

besides the navigation pack 90’s what has he ever done besides put pigeons on crap and cash a check off?

You're not wrong at all, I'm just a sucker for all black shoes, and I liked the weatherproofed leather. Definitely not killing myself over an over hyped release, although I'm still sad I didn't land the Green Lobsters, haha.

i don't think you're far off. i like jeff, but he did catch lightning in a bottle with the original pigeon. the black pigeon isn't a top tier dunk, but like Y Yaamean said, i dig that it's waterproof and a clean/simple colorway. the new ones are more underwhelming. according him, he wasn't originally planning on releasing it, nike were the ones that kinda pushed it over the edge. the roll-out for this dunk has been corny though and i hope that folks that truly want them can secure a pair.

Back
Top Bottom