2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Old pic...
FB_IMG_1568740466642.jpg

for years, hunters were one of the cheapest pink box SBs

like t-19s :lol:

God I hated those T-19s. I hated ghost hi's too.

The ones that got away for me were Homers, Calis, Bison lows and highs. I thought all of those at the time would be easy to get but just never did get them at the shops. Cali lows got ruined though because of that god damn Nor Cal brand. I bought the dunk highs and never had the heart to wear them.

the ones that got away from me are bisons. I have never not wanted a pair but for whatever reason have never had a pair. that'll change soon tho.
if I had to decide on a pair I feel are overrated it'd be jedi's. outside of the laces its a pretty dull shoe and the green reminded me of frog skin or something.
my fav to wear are hunters like I said earlier...
I regret selling the bear lows. baby bear lows? whichever the ones with the fur were called. I should have held on and sold at a much later time. at the time I was like aiiiight, these are a lil too much to walk around in lol.

I feel like some of these you have to see in person before really giving an opinon because pics don't do some of them justice and others pics make look a lot better.

I really wish they would make the shape/feel the way it used to be. nothing was broken so why did they change it?

I think hunters are atrocious. I wouldn't wear them if they were gifted to me. I don't like any camo patterns on anything I wear (although it's subtle enough on Brian Anderson's that I'd wear those), I don't like the burlap, I don't like the flat laces, I don't like that they wouldn't fit me because if I sized up they'd be too long.

The only shoes that I consider to be a flex are PEs, hyperstrikes, tier zeroes, 1 of 1s, friends and family, basically anything not released to the general public that you have to either be hooked up for or pay out the *** for. Or pairs that are just plain rare and hard to find for sale due to age or limited production. Hunters don't fit any of those categories so they're just ugly shoes to me.

your average joe has no idea how to get a pair of hunters (then or now) and as the years go by unworn pairs become rarer and rarer. its not a sneaker I would buy vnds, either.
all of this is subjective tho so I feel you.

The pair that got away from me are the Stussy Lows. :smh: Had a chance to get them from a seller that was selling a bunch of pairs, but those were gone before I was able to snag. Bought a few other gems from him, but that was the pair I to this day regret no grabbing ASAP. Oh well though.

hunters laced up w/ the blaze orange sb laces from BA camo highs are one of the best looking sneakers ever made PERIOD

I might be in. need to see the other side of them.
We see both sides of them by virtue of seeing both of them in the box. One pair with the lateral side up, one pair with the medial side up.

IMO they're not the worse, but I'll pass. All white upper, obviously missing the Swoosh, but covered in debossed Swooshes, green liner, black/red/green tongue tag, and sail (or cream) on sail mid and outsole. Too plain IMO. I wasn't a fan of the Parras, but I'd take those over these with the quickness. In line with what Doom. Doom. said, I'm over the white (or sail/cream) on white outsole and midsole combo. At the least, should've thrown green (or one of the other colors from the tongue tag) on the outsole. I don't personally rock them, but I totally get Stan Smith Vibes from these.

Last edited:

Stan-Smiths.jpg

It's actually kind of shocking how similar (minus the tongue tag) in coloring that they appear. And, both missing classic details (Swoosh on the Dunks, 3 Stripes on the Stans (I know Stans didn't have stripes to begin with, but they do have that look like they're missing)) in lieu of details that are physically indented or punched into the upper.

Back
Top Bottom