2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Fine day to break these out.

but the shoes arent mismatched until youve worn them down
Well, the cool part about them IS wearing them down, and making them mismatched. If the paint didn't come off, they wouldn't have been nearly as popular. Also, the tongue tags and soles aren't the same color from the get go.

I know I'm in the minority, loved the paint coming off concept, but I just couldn't get into the mismatched idea. Call me crazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
nah not crazy at all fambs.

i alwasy respect others' opinions.

lol i know alot of people spazz out when opinions differ.

but we fambs here

nah not crazy at all fambs.

i alwasy respect others' opinions.

lol i know alot of people spazz out when opinions differ.

but we fambs here
Haha yea, if I'd said those comments in the LM thread I would've touched off World War 3 :lol:. Which is why I try and stay away from the JB section for the most part.

you love the color blue huh? i noticed alot of your faves have shades of blue.

for me its red or green. subsequently im red/gren colorblind lol

I don't understand the point of the sole swap. The rest of the upper will still be mismatched. Whatever makes people happy I guess...
I can imagine 2 realistic scenarios that would merit a sole swap:

#1. You have a pair of shoes that you really love wearing or that are so rare they are virtually irreplaceable. Inevitably through years of wear they get beat to hell. In this situation its more of an emotional/sentimental attachment to the shoes. Maybe they're your 'grails', maybe they're the first pair of Jordans you could afford.  A new sole could extend the life of your beloved kicks potentially giving you a few more years of wear as long as the upper holds up.  

#2. You really just want to stunt on people. Sneakerheads love having kicks that others cannot or do not have, thus the appeal of 'limited' releases. It seems these days that the more limited a release is the more hype and desire they instill in sneakerheads. A soleswap makes your shoe basically 1 of 1 which is as limited as it gets. I'm sure some of the intent behind mismatching sole swaps are to get attention. "Whoa! Are those ____? I've never seen ____ with a ____ colored midsole! Where did you get them? When did they release? Where can get them?" 

I can imagine 2 realistic scenarios that would merit a sole swap:

#1. You have a pair of shoes that you really love wearing or that are so rare they are virtually irreplaceable. Inevitably through years of wear they get beat to hell. In this situation its more of an emotional/sentimental attachment to the shoes. Maybe they're your 'grails', maybe they're the first pair of Jordans you could afford.  A new sole could extend the life of your beloved kicks potentially giving you a few more years of wear as long as the upper holds up.  

#2. You really just want to stunt on people. Sneakerheads love having kicks that others cannot or do not have, thus the appeal of 'limited' releases. It seems these days that the more limited a release is the more hype and desire they instill in sneakerheads. A soleswap makes your shoe basically 1 of 1 which is as limited as it gets. I'm sure some of the intent behind mismatching sole swaps are to get attention. "Whoa! Are those ____? I've never seen ____ with a ____ colored midsole! Where did you get them? When did they release? Where can get them?" 

I was referring to that specific sole swap, not the idea in general.

Quality on Halloween mids is >>>>>>>

...and those insoles!

Not eem mad I paid retail.

Last edited:
I wish I could get down with mids, I like them better without the strap but those Halloweens are nice

thinking about going for these Halloween colored Dunks if the price will be right

I was referring to that specific sole swap, not the idea in general.
As I'm sure you saw someone posted a screen shot of Geiger's instagram with a caption saying the mismatched soles were starting to bug him. A guy like Geiger is never actually going to skate in them, so I would assume they are never going to wear down to the point where the mismatch would be visible. 

Back
Top Bottom