2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

B063E77E-28D2-421A-A452-7419B98EBA21.jpeg
42785A42-37BA-449A-A2F0-3DEC7D4EB0CF.jpeg

shipped like this from seasons and the box wasn’t really beat up at all... crazy
I’m surprised. Never had that happen with any of my orders from them

Posted up to enter the in-store Jordan draw at my local (Vu). Gary said he has more than a FSR for the Paris:NY, but is only getting 8 pair of LA:Chi. So the (perhaps obvious) news there is that skateshops are for sure getting the LA:Chi, even the smaller ones.

Also, if you’re near Bmore, the signup sheet only had like 10-15 entries so far. I kinda wanted to keep that to myself, but hopefully karma takes care of me.

Last edited:
We are in a different but tough time.

Nike basically forced so much unwanted product on skate shops that half of them closed.

Now they are trying to “support them” again.

Problem is, many are left without a local. And with shops like Premier going to locals only, it short changes some long term fans and alienates much of the population.

Then you have those that have locals but also have jobs and families. Thus, camping out overnight on a Thursday for a release like AJSB is near impossible without taking time off.

It’s awesome shops want to serve their local communities, but with no online options, how is the brand supposed to expand? Additionally, we already know some shops don’t want the hassle and either backdoor pairs, or unload on ebay or StockX to help fund the rest of their business and avoid resellers who only show up for these releases and never buy shop shirts or even nikeSB t shirts in store.

This doesn’t count those that “raffle” pairs. I see the same dudes hitting raffles on IG all day. It’s good PR, but...

I have no point here I’m realizing lol. It’s just a weird time. [\SPOILER]

Nike basically forced so much unwanted product on skate shops that half of them closed.

Problem is, many are left without a local. And with shops like Premier going to locals only, it short changes some long term fans and alienates much of the population.

Then you have those that have locals but also have jobs and families. Thus, camping out overnight on a Thursday for a release like AJSB is near impossible without taking time off.

It’s awesome shops want to serve their local communities, but with no online options, how is the brand supposed to expand? Additionally, we already know some shops don’t want the hassle and either backdoor pairs, or unload on ebay or StockX to help fund the rest of their business and avoid resellers who only show up for these releases and never buy shop shirts or even nikeSB t shirts in store.

This doesn’t count those that “raffle” pairs. I see the same dudes hitting raffles on IG all day. It’s good PR, but...

Facts, on facts, on facts.

Yeah I brought up similar thoughts about nike pushing the orange label agenda after years of running them out of business. Skate shops and sneakerheads have always had a tough dynamic. I don't think it'll ever be possible to satisfy all parties.

At least it won't be an 8AM EST twitter link only release like lance mountains :smh: at least I think it was TLO, all I can remember is the 8AM EST when I was on vacation in California so 5AM PST.

I did get to hold the Paris:LA’s. Materials are very on par with the Mountain’s, maybe not quite as soft, but very very nice. Hoping that they won’t be too hard to get, especially if footsites get them later in the month. Hoping to double at retail.

So if you’re on the fence, the quality is there.

Yeah I brought up similar thoughts about nike pushing the orange label agenda after years of running them out of business. Skate shops and sneakerheads have always had a tough dynamic. I don't think it'll ever be possible to satisfy all parties.

At least it won't be an 8AM EST twitter link only release like lance mountains :smh: at least I think it was TLO, all I can remember is the 8AM EST when I was on vacation in California so 5AM PST.
It’s really lame that online goto’s like Premier are supporting “locals only”. When we know that 90% of the locals winning are resellers. Meanwhile, people like me that supported the Premier’s and Black Sheep’s, and also even bigger sites like SkateWarehouse - we are left out in the cold. I’m lucky we at least have Vu in Baltimore, but they usually get one FSR - if even - that we all have to fight for.

Kudos to SPoT though, they are one of the few to drop online stock.

Dope seeing most of us eat on these cords. I actually decided to sit them out. It seems like the paint on these new jordan releases is easy as hell to rub off , almost too easy. Some dude uploaded a video of him rubbing off the paint and it looked really simple.

Back
Top Bottom