2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

man what the Hell happened to the old days of non bot online shenanigans? now it's All BS, literally. you cant even a single GR without an effen raffle; that's stupid. heck it's a GR, not a premium.

Kinda late to Dunks....Used to cop GR's at Cowtown on clearance back in 2012-2013. You could find a 10.5 sitting for $60-70, months after the release. Even those Olive Atomic Red Purple joints which I couldn't even give away to a friend in 2014 are insane now...

Funny thing is I just learned about this Dunk resurgence from my barber (fellow sneakerhead) and after combing through about 20 or so pages of this thread. Had NO clue...

Hadn't worn most of my SBs in almost a decade except for a select pair or two, every blue moon. My local spot where I acquired most of mine closed its doors years ago. And that's kinda when I stopped really checking for SBs. I didnt have the patience to be online trying to secure pairs and I started getting more into other models so they just sat basically and I totally fell out the SB loop.

About 5 weeks ago it dawned on me that I really needed to start letting them see some sun so they wouldn't fall apart on me like alot of my older runners and Air Trainers are. There are few that are still DS that really need to hit the pavement as well. So I started slowly pulling a few pairs out of storage and rocking them. And slowly but surely I'm starting to get those old vibes back again that made so attracted to them.

So I go see my barber and we're talking about sneakers as we normally do and I tell him that I'ma start pulling out the SBs and he tells me that the dunks are crazy hyped right now and that they're like Jordan releases now. I was just like 'yea whatever'....

But I can definitely see he wasn't too far off. Whatever the reason for this new popularity, its not of real concern for me. There are definitely certain pairs I wished I would have been up on that dropped somewhat recently like the Safari's, Dusty Peach, & Truck It's. I guess I would have tried my luck online but Iike I said before, sitting online hoping to grab a pair just isn't how I ideally like to spend my time. So I'm cool with my little collection, maintaining what I have and rocking them hopefully for years to come. I'll probably never have the opportunity to cop another SB that I really like and I'm perfectly fine with that. What's in the stash will have that much more significance to me I guess.
I started and stopped and went onto other hobbies. Now I’m back. It’s fun again.
I can’t believe I sold most of my sbs. Even donated.(be true to your school) Sheesh. One of my biggest regrets.

Please don’t pay more than 1/2 retail for Ishod’s. They are very uncomfortable.
I only have one pair of IW and one pair of regular dunks (which I haven't worn yet). What exactly is the difference between the two? IW certainly aren't very comfortable, but I don't see dunks being anymore comfy. I'm genuinely asking.

Wore em just because
45797D85-C62B-4013-AC56-B9B1EFC9287E.jpeg

I only have one pair of IW and one pair of regular dunks (which I haven't worn yet). What exactly is the difference between the two? IW certainly aren't very comfortable, but I don't see dunks being anymore comfy. I'm genuinely asking. Thanks
Thin, tight profile all around. Good “board feel” for skating = painful to walk after a while. Thin tongue, which most people hate. A slimmer silhouette.

Regular dunks are puffier, chunkier, and more cushiony. By no means the bastion of comfort. But loads better than Ishod’s.

Thin, tight profile all around. Good “board feel” for skating = painful to walk after a while. Thin tongue, which most people hate. A slimmer silhouette.

Regular dunks are puffier, chunkier, and more cushiony. By no means the bastion of comfort. But loads better than Ishod’s.
Got ya. Never really examined the 2, at a glance they looked about the same to me. Thanks for the clarification.I'm SB over everything. I need that puff. Probably why I'm not on board with the current regular dunk hype.

Got ya. Never really examined the 2, at a glance they looked about the same to me. Thanks for the clarification.I'm SB over everything. I need that puff. Probably why I'm not on board with the current regular dunk hype.
Oof, yeah, if you are not down with regular Dunks, stay far away from IW’s. Unless you can find them on the low. The one redeeming quality would be the materials. I have a bunch, and am pretty happy at the $50 price point that I got them at.

Oof, yeah, if you are not down with regular Dunks, stay far away from IW’s. Unless you can find them on the low. The one redeeming quality would be the materials. I have a bunch, and am pretty happy at the $50 price point that I got them at.
I’m hoping to catch them at a good price. Def wont be $50 :smh: :smh: I actually prefer regular dunks over sb’s never been a fan of the puffy tongue for whatever reason :blush:

i want the white/sky blue, the black/grey/red and the BMW. I can live without other 2 but I need them beamers.. They came out when I was fully out of the loop on shoes, like not even paying attention to releases at all so I missed out

Screenshot_20200610-232137.png

Check your junk mail if you were a sucker and signed up for the CCS+ program. You reply to the email to sign up for a free raffle. 24 hours to sign up (email came just after 3 pm central)

Screenshot_20200610-232137.png

Check your junk mail if you were a sucker and signed up for the CCS+ program. You reply to the email to sign up for a free raffle. 24 hours to sign up (email came just after 3 pm central)
Thank you. So annoying. I signed up, no sign of this email anywhere.

CCS made some bank with that + program. Raffle off 10 pairs to the 1000's that paid the $15 premium and still charge full price.

The deconstructed SB dunks I had were one of the worst feeling nikes I've ever had and I could only stand to walk around the house in them. I think they're tooled the same way as IWs? That orange, hexagonal insole was terrible. I felt no cushioning whatsoever compared to an SB dunk; a regular non-SB dunk was far more comfortable as well. I resold for a light profit, earned my hazard pay.

Back
Top Bottom