2024 Wrestling Thread | It's Wednesday. You know what that means...

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who Killed WCW: Part 1

What this did differently was it started out talking about the power structure of Turner. Haven't seen a documentary that spent time on this. Yes, it has been discussed by Bischoff and others on podcasts but hearing from Turner executives made this one slightly different.

They also talked about the transition from being a studio wrestling show to a prime time show. Again, it has been touched on but this was given enough time for a thorough explanation.

For that reason alone, I enjoyed episode 1.

Wondering how this show will be mapped out because episode one seemed tk be an overview. Not really interested in the Russo days to be honest.

What did yall think?

@John Laurinaitis

@911392015

@ITO

@Bad Moon Rison

@degenerate423

Case Case

@Warmachine85

Peep Game Peep Game

@King of Trash Style

@JCMojica24
Gonna watch tonight..

Well i mean i never like when they introduced the Big Gold World title after the acquisition of WCW. When they made an undisputed title that was great but then splitting it so that both brands have a men’s, women’s and tag champs enh. That’s why I’m glad the IC title has remained singular.

And yes too many titles may cheapen the legacy of having a title but when you have so much talent, many good wrestlers aren’t given that push to shine because they’re moved to the side by bigger names.

Yeah it would be hella iron-knee to have a TV title for Netflix but i think someone like Bron should get his shine, so for me give him the IC.

Also had to rep Mami today :nthat:

IMG_9365.jpeg
Could you be my papi on top

bret-hart.gif

Who Killed WCW: Part 1

What this did differently was it started out talking about the power structure of Turner. Haven't seen a documentary that spent time on this. Yes, it has been discussed by Bischoff and others on podcasts but hearing from Turner executives made this one slightly different.

They also talked about the transition from being a studio wrestling show to a prime time show. Again, it has been touched on but this was given enough time for a thorough explanation.

For that reason alone, I enjoyed episode 1.

Wondering how this show will be mapped out because episode one seemed tk be an overview. Not really interested in the Russo days to be honest.

What did yall think?

@John Laurinaitis

@911392015

@ITO

@Bad Moon Rison

@degenerate423

Case Case

@Warmachine85

Peep Game Peep Game

@King of Trash Style

@JCMojica24

The Starrcade 97 stuff was crazy. They didn't even know if Hogan was gonna put sting over. :lol: :smh:

Giving Hogan credit creative control was never gonna work long term. I think I heard Kevin Nash had creative control too. WCW wasn't developing any new stars other than Goldberg. Soon as Jericho left he became a way bigger star in WWE. Eddie, Benoit, Rey all became bigger stars. I think WCW as a whole got too comfortable with the 83 weeks run.

The Starrcade 97 stuff was crazy. They didn't even know if Hogan was gonna put sting over. :lol: :smh:

Giving Hogan credit creative control was never gonna work long term. I think I heard Kevin Nash had creative control too. WCW wasn't developing any new stars other than Goldberg. Soon as Jericho left he became a way bigger star in WWE. Eddie, Benoit, Rey all became bigger stars. I think WCW as a whole got too comfortable with the 83 weeks run.
Benoit became the WCW champion before he left for WWE. WCW wanted to bring him back but they had a falling out/disagreement when they made Kevin Sullivan the head booker and he left after he won.

Back
Top Bottom