Triple post.
laugh.gif

Yes, I'm that mad.

Out of all the big men, I hope the Knicks sign Amare. I know he plays no D, but in D'Antoni is all about offense anyway. Plus he is more of an intimidating presence than either Bosh, Lee or Boozer. His power dunks just deflate the opposing team and he reminds me of a no nonsense tough guy like Oakley or Mason. A guy who's face you don't wanna get into.

Originally Posted by onewearz

still holding out hope , i think when it's over he's a knick or NET ........

3 more days ..........

fix....one of the two
I would like him to be a knick tho

BRON is not going to be a BULL

Bulls fans having high hopes

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Out of all the big men, I hope the Knicks sign Amare. I know he plays no D, but in D'Antoni is all about offense anyway. Plus he is more of an intimidating presence than either Bosh, Lee or Boozer. His power dunks just deflate the opposing team and he reminds me of a no nonsense tough guy like Oakley or Mason. A guy who's face you don't wanna get into.
I'm fairly confident I could outrebound Amare if we both played on the Knicks.

This fool had 3 games against the Lakers with 3, 4, and 4 rebounds a game.  Plus I'm pretty confident he's going to fall apart the second he leaves PHX, unless we manage to steal their medical staff and whatever magic potions they use, who knows how he holds up after his injuries and problems.

Prudential Douglas Elliman broker Sherri Shang was allegedly overheard bragging that she showed the King the exclusive three-bedroom, three-and-a-half-bathroom unit

BTW this is the apartment Lebron was supposedly shown right near central park. $15 million flat or $45,000 a month.

slide_7953_105996_large.jpg

slide_7953_106000_large.jpg

slide_7953_106002_large.jpg

slide_7953_105995_large.jpg

Look at that view. No other place comes close.

Originally Posted by Aye Shawty

the Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire era
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

[h2]Sources: Knicks to talk to Johnson[/h2]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

Archive

While waiting for their opportunity to sell LeBron James on their team, the New York Knicks will be busy courting other stars that could potentially play with him at Madison Square Garden.

Their first such meeting will be with Joe Johnson, the Atlanta Hawks' All-Star guard, according to league sources.

1007.jpg

Johnson

When the clock strikes midnight ET in New York on July 1, the Knicks will be in Los Angeles meeting with Johnson, who will hold all of his meetings with clubs on the West Coast. After seeing Johnson at 9 p.m. Pacific time, team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni hope to meet with Amare Stoudemire, also in Los Angeles.

Finally, the Knicks' brass will fly to northeast Ohio to woo James at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.

While the Hawks hope to keep Johnson in Atlanta, several sources said the Knicks have emerged as his first choice. If they must lose him, the Hawks' preference is to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

1727.jpg

Stoudemire

But if no players on the Knicks' roster appeal to Atlanta, Johnson, believing he will make up the difference through endorsements and through buying stock shares in Madison Square Garden, is willing to take less money to play with the Knicks, according to sources.

Whatever the case, the Knicks could offer Johnson a maximum-salary contract worth approximately $96 million over five years, or a deal worth $125 million over six years through a sign-and-trade.

Johnson and Stoudemire emerged as star players while playing for D'Antoni in Phoenix, which is a large part of the reason both players are considering New York so strongly.

Johnson averaged double figures (16.7 ppg) for the first time in his career while playing for D'Antoni in the 2003-04 season. That same year, Stoudemire went from being a 13-point scorer to a 20-point scorer in D'Antoni's wide-open system.

While the Knicks' main target is James, the duo of Johnson and Stoudemire would be a nice consolation prize if James goes elsewhere. The team thinks James and Johnson would be a particularly strong tandem, and it believes that Johnson will talk to James about the benefits of joining forces in New York.

James' first meeting will be with the New Jersey Nets on the morning of July 1, followed by the Knicks and several other clubs over the next few days.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

I wouldnt mind Lebron + Amare
pimp.gif

I just want Lebron before anyone else and im happy
grin.gif

First, the Knicks emerged as the LeBron destination 18 months ago..

then come this spring/summer up until now nobody wanted to go here..now the Knicks are actually 'gaining interest' from players, except for the big fish..and Broussard tries to act somewhat surprised the Knicks actually won't be shut out...

If ESPN starts to rev up the LeBron to NY story this week and come full circle, I will not be surprised.

As far as actual basketball goes..I won't be overly excited with Amare/Johnson..but it isn't completely terrible depending on what can be done with the Eddy Curry contract and cap space going forward.

While the Hawks hope to keep Johnson in Atlanta, several sources said the Knicks have emerged as his first choice. If they must lose him, the Hawks' preference is to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

can someone tell me what is wrong with this quote,
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Word.

I personally not that high on Bosh....or Bron for that matter.

He most talented player in the league but no one player wins chips alone. I want to see us build a great team position by position.

Its not all about LeBron to me, I love watching him play but i'm not buying into the hype.

CP3 + Melo > LeBron + Bosh

If we could split 2 max contracts between Amare, Lee, and Joe Johnson, I'll do it. That'll still be a pretty decent squad. Just needs a point guard.

"But if no players on the Knicks' roster appeal to Atlanta, Johnson, believing he will make up the difference through endorsements and through buying stock shares in Madison Square Garden, is willing to take less money to play with the Knicks, according to sources"

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If we could split 2 max contracts between Amare, Lee, and Joe Johnson, I'll do it. That'll still be a pretty decent squad. Just needs a point guard.
paul.jpg

Thats a championship team right there.

I don't even know what all the fuss is about Bosh...He isn't even that much better than Lee.

I know Donnie is exploring all options.

As long as we stay away from Boozer and don't give JJ a max contract, i'm good.

Originally Posted by DubA169

can you imagine what would happen if he went to the bulls and didn't win in the first year? the media is already claiming he would win a chip there right away

they would say noah rose and another max and you still couldn't get it done? at least in NYC if he loses the first year the media will be like "oh well it was the knicks nobody expected a championship"

that downside that everyone talks about. you know lose in NYC and we will kill you. i honestly think the downside is even bigger in Chicago.
is this what its come to so much wrong with this post all i can do is
laugh.gif

I love CP3, but he's too important to NO to trade, especially with them trying to get sold. I'd have to imagine that the Knicks would have to give up the Italian to brin him to NY.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

As far as actual basketball goes..I won't be overly excited with Amare/Johnson..but it isn't completely terrible depending on what can be done with the Eddy Curry contract and cap space going forward.
This. If we can somehow manage to sign amare + JJ + lee i'm sorry but i'm taking that over Lebron and bosh. As long as rudy gay is no where near this team. Plus with curry coming off the books in 2011 this team is only getting better. I'm not gonna pull hairs out and go rambo if we dont sign bron because at this point everything is just pissing me off. Regardless of what happens we will be a contender come this season.

PG-tony douglas
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-gallo
PF-lee
C-amare

Bench-chandler, bill walker, barron, rautins

This is team will put in work
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. And we will be better than this years Suns

i asked that a few pages ago haze

if lee is banging three's next year, he'll be the epitome of a "stretch 4"