24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I'm about to apply for another card, any recommendations? 700 score and my of capital one served it's purpose but I'm ready for another joint.

I'm about to apply for another card, any recommendations? 700 score and my of capital one served it's purpose but I'm ready for another joint.

In b4 somebody posts their Discover referral link. (I have one if you want it.)

Might be easier to post what exactly you're looking for in a card to get suggestions.

Been strictly using mine a lot smh

Don't want someone to steal and use it. Y'all got me worried now

Personally , I use my charge card asa debit charge. It gives me protection and you have to pay in full every month. I get my points,protection, and I'm not overspending.

Personally , I use my charge card asa debit charge. It gives me protection and you have to pay in full every month. I get my points,protection, and I'm not overspending.

That is smarter honestly

Might go that route with my Amex but idk yet

Theres no point in using a debit now if you have CCs. Just use them lik a debit and be disciplined like its your Debit and pay the CC off.

I only carry the Debit if I need cash from an ATM. Dassit

Right if you can't be disciplined use a charge card lol you really have no choice but to be disciplined.

what do you currently have fam?

you could hit that discover it or amex everyday cash $tacy $tacy

chase has a new 1.5% cash back card on everything all the time

Last edited:
Got offered 3k limit increase on the card i'm using the most.

Checked where i was with the points i accumulate on that card. About to get ~600$ off my next flight when i cash in my points.

Capital one quicksilver

you already getting that 1.5 on everything then

Discover has 5% on rotating categories quarterly and 1% everything else... last 3 months was travel and gas stations and this quarter is restaurant and movies. your fisrt year everything gonna be double cash back.

blue everyday amex has 3% on groceries 2% at gas stations and department stores and 1% everything else

EDIT: Discover will give you a transunion fico score and Amex will be a experian report every month

Last edited:
Discover sent me an email saying I may be eligible for a CLI and I should apply lol never have I seen something like that. Offer ends 4/30 for me lol

Discover sent me an email saying I may be eligible for a CLI and I should apply lol never have I seen something like that. Offer ends 4/30 for me lol

just hit the cli increase button on your account and see. nothing to lose unless you give the consent for them to reconsider

Discover gave me a $500 auto cli a week or so ago. Then again I don't put a lot on the card & always pay off in full so I wouldn't expect a big increase

I'm hipp I've requested maybe 3 CLIs (softs) from them already. I've just never seen a CLI sent out as an offer lol. I'm about to hit the button, if it's not a soft I'll call tomorrow to cancel it.

Last edited:
Cool got a 2K increase limit now at 12.5K. Want to get my Discover up to 20-25K , paying for my classes up front eats up my limit and utilization.

yea everybody with a discover card should hit the auto cli button at least every 90 days. Every 30 days if you want to since its a soft pull unless they notify you that they need a hard pull. And in that case you can cancel it. Discover has been handing clis out like candy i went up $8000 in 4 months all soft pulls

Damn thought I was going to get big bumps like you guys but I only got a $500 from $10,000 to $10,500 :lol:

Ill wait again in the next months

Back
Top Bottom