24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

lol. I didn't just make this up to prevent you from requesting a $27k credit limit...

I have heard about it various times from various posts including myficoforums. Just because you hit 61 days doesn't mean AMEX will automatically give you a 3x limit increase though. It's not a guarantee but once you get to $25k+ they are going to require some proof if they deem necessary. You may have to show proof/you may not.

As always YMMV but just giving you a heads up..

Looks like I'll be requesting $24,500 in approx. 34 days

Thanks again for the heads up.

Appreciate it, truly.

Btw MyFicoForums is pure gold

Just bumped my AMEX limit up to $24,500.

What was your credit limit on the AMEX prior to the bump ?

those saying AMEX are referring to the Credit and not Charge Cards right?

AMEX Credit Cards

Looks like I'll be requesting $24,500 in approx. 34 days

Thanks again for the heads up.

Appreciate it, truly.

Btw MyFicoForums is pure gold
What was your credit limit on the AMEX prior to the bump ?
AMEX Credit Cards

Originally had 6 when I opened the account. Then requested 18 last year and got it. Just requested $24.5 today.

Damn I got denied for Discover It with a credit score of 642
mean.gif
That's pretty high for a denial.

I have heard that Discover is the stingiest of the cards for approval. I plan on getting one in November once my no interest period with Chase runs out. I credit NT with putting me on.

Thy aren't stingy at all

I feel like they approve a lot of people, I had low credit score due to not having credit and had a secured card and that was it and got approved instantly

My brother basically had zero credit and was approved

yeah they approve plenty of people from my referrals and i had doubts since their scores were low.

I got denied with a referral and my score was a 657 basically they said I had to many new account on my report they want more proof credit history. But they would approve me if I could find someone to joint account with me.

I got denied with a referral and my score was a 657 basically they said I had to many new account on my report they want more proof credit history. But they would approve me if I could find someone to joint account with me.

How many new accounts did you have?

I got denied at first last year when I still had a collection showing on my credit report. They listed that as the reason for my denial. But a year later and removing the collection I was approved instantly at like a 690 or so score

My approval letter from Discover came with a 805 or 803 Equifax FICO score and they gave me the 5-7 day decision online. I hadn't applied for a credit card in years so apparently they wanted to make sure it was me before they approved it. I've seen horror stories on myfico forums about Discover approvals though. I always thought them and Capital One were the easiest cards to get.

My approval letter from Discover came with a 805 or 803 Equifax FICO score and they gave me the 5-7 day decision online. I hadn't applied for a credit card in years so apparently they wanted to make sure it was me before they approved it. I've seen horror stories on myfico forums about Discover approvals though. I always thought them and Capital One were the easiest cards to get.
Horror stories about Discover?

Elaborate.

You know you're doing well when you have almost 20 credit cards and the bank is calling you to ask if a $8300 credit line is okay with you for your new card. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom