24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Do u guys think I'll get approved for the discover card? My score is 705 but I just got denied by chase because my credit is only 5 months old

Do u guys think I'll get approved for the discover card? My score is 705 but I just got denied by chase because my credit is only 5 months old

Per the thread Chase is pretty difficult. I think you would be able to get a discover card. I got you on the referral if you need one.

i got approved for my discover card when i had just 6 months of credit.

I can say from personal experience that Discover is the easiest card to get.

Case in point: 18yo brother got approved for $500 with absolutely no credit history and a recently opened CapOne bank account.

North of the border, capital one definitly the easiest to get.

I tell my clients that get denied at the bank to apply for a capital one :lol:

u could give it a shot or wait 7 months til u have one full year..there may be compensating factors (income, work history)

Per the thread Chase is pretty difficult. I think you would be able to get a discover card. I got you on the referral if you need one.

Do I get the $50 or do you? Or both of us?

Edit: damn I just checked my pm I have a bunch m..Some are a week old :lol:

Last edited:
Do I get the $50 or do you? Or both of us?

Edit: damn I just checked my pm I have a bunch m..Some are a week old :lol:

Both get $50 fam. Lol folks sniping for that referral. Flip a coin or roll dice to see who gets it lmao

I got accepted for the discover it card. Went with the spruce green :pimp: :lol: purple was nice too

Is there a new Fico system being used? I went to the bank to get a mortgage pre-approval and when they pulled my score it was no where near what I see on the Fico 8. Needless to say I'm fuming
mad.gif

Is there a new Fico system being used? I went to the bank to get a mortgage pre-approval and when they pulled my score it was no where near what I see on the Fico 8. Needless to say I'm fuming
mad.gif
Mortgage FICO scores are different than CC FICO scores

My scores were a little lower than my fico scores when I applied for a mortgage. Check your reports for errors.

So heres a update on my credit situation. Started out with a 540 last August. I got the Capital One secured credit card and put $250 on it. Used it a good bit and made multiple payments per month while keeping a balance each month. In December, I applied for the Quicksilver card and got approved for a $500 limit. I also got approved for the walmart, old navy, and pacsun cards in the same time frame. In February, i got approved for a auto loan through Capital One (although my interest was 21% :smh: :smh: but can easily make my payments each month). I've been paying my note on time and am ahead a half payment. I went to Vegas for memorial day weekend, and asked Capital One for a credit limit increase on my Quicksilver card. They gave me a $1k credit limit increase! :wow: Now my limit on the quicksilver is $1500 and on the secured card its $550 (they gave me a $300 credit limit increase a few months ago. I heard they barely give them on secured cards). I'm really pleased because i honestly thought I would never be able to have credit again

Back
Top Bottom