24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Lol man I just know alot about the credit game never practiced the extreme point accumulation approaches.
I feel you on that. 

Quick question to you or someone else who knows....

With the Chase cards...how you can transfer the points 1:1 to another airline for redemption towards flights; do you have to have an account/credit card with those airlines, or is it something you just simply sign up for?

I was with it until he said he lived out of hotels and his carry on bags full time :lol: that's dedication though sheesh

Mileage runs are pretty much dead as far as doing it to earn miles. You use to be able to earn miles on distance flown. Now they go by the cost of the ticket. I would of earned 30K for my trip to Hawaii from JFK. I only earned about 12K since it was based on the price of the ticket.

Now people do it to earn status. You'll earn more miles the higher the status you have but still nothing close to how it use to be.

Damn Internet and their ads based on your research 
laugh.gif

Look at this mess....

Guess where it sent me?

https://www.nerdwallet.com/card-details/card-name/Chase-Sapphire-Preferred

roll.gif

Mileage runs are pretty much dead as far as doing it to earn miles. You use to be able to earn miles on distance flown. Now they go by the cost of the ticket. I would of earned 30K for my trip to Hawaii from JFK. I only earned about 12K since it was based on the price of the ticket.

Now people do it to earn status. You'll earn more miles the higher the status you have but still nothing close to how it use to be.

That's crazy, that they even used to count miles like that.

you should call in, sometimes those 7-10 days messages are just because they nee identity verification or something. There's plenty of people who call in, to confirm information with them and are approved. Good luck man, update us. 

^^ I applied last night Sunday at around 5PM Central. I called in today at 3PM central, but they said they aren't able to locate my application. I never received a reference number in my email, so I guess I just have to wait. I'm going to call them wednesday.

I'm just worried because I have $2,000 to spend in the next 2 weeks, and that money could've gone towards the $4,000 limit to gain the points reward.

The good thing is I called AirBnb, they are able to change the method of payment for any reservations longer than 30 days. Mine will be for end of february 2017, so I'll be able to switch the payment card to the Reserve card as soon as it comes in.

If not, I will have to read about manufactured spending, I know they have cracked down on some ways.

^^ I applied last night Sunday at around 5PM Central. I called in today at 3PM central, but they said they aren't able to locate my application. I never received a reference number in my email, so I guess I just have to wait. I'm going to call them wednesday.

I'm just worried because I have $2,000 to spend in the next 2 weeks, and that money could've gone towards the $4,000 limit to gain the points reward.

The good thing is I called AirBnb, they are able to change the method of payment for any reservations longer than 30 days. Mine will be for end of february 2017, so I'll be able to switch the payment card to the Reserve card as soon as it comes in.

If not, I will have to read about manufactured spending, I know they have cracked down on some ways.

I can confirm that you can change your payment method for AirBnB in the future.

Paid for the AirBnB back in August with my Amex, switched to my CSR last week and the full amount was refunded to Amex and charged to my CSR.

I can confirm that you can change your payment method for AirBnB in the future.

Paid for the AirBnB back in August with my Amex, switched to my CSR last week and the full amount was refunded to Amex and charged to my CSR.

^^Repped! I told everyone to give me the money upfront, and I would charge it on my card. 10 People, 3 days, looks like the house owner is asking $1200 a night, I will hit that spending limit easy.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Lol man I just know alot about the credit game never practiced the extreme point accumulation approaches.

Just realized Amex doesn't have a free charge card smh . The green card and prg are the same cost $95 (after $100 credit )

Yeah, and the green card is useless anyway. The PRG is probably the best charge card imo. I would highly consider just keeping it. 2x points for supermarkets, gas, and dining. 3x points for travel booked directly with the airline. The points and categories this card covers alone is great. And like you said the 100 a year airline credit pretty much knocks it down to $95 a year only. Also, Amex is always having point bonus offers that can be added to your card to earn additional points for shopping at certain places or they'll do something fun like " 600 points for spending more than $30 at chillis " etc. They had this one offer where it's a $15 statement credit for purchasing at Nike and I bought a retro Jordan and got credited it. One of the great stuff Amex offers to its members sometime!

View media item 2179892

Got an email from my Credit Monitoring, Chase went ahead and did a credit request. So guess I will give them a day and call tomorrow to get an update on the Reserve Card.

I don't know why I didn't apply sooner.

I hope I'm able to transfer the 100K points to Southwest outright so I can get the free companion pass. I already have 10K in my southwest.

That means I would get free flights for my GF to fly with me for a whole year.

I'm still debating whether to do that, or just book 2 international trips. But I certainly will apply for the Global Entry as soon as I get the card.. (Finger crossed)

Yea it transfers but it doesn't count towards a companion pass. If it did, we'd all have companion passes.

Back
Top Bottom