24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Amex or Discover IT...I travel a lot for work nationwide and abroad as well any suggestions? :nerd:
Also going pages back I was reading... what's the highest max limits yall have on your cards and I ain't talking black card numbers HONESTLY....

You travel from Dallas to San Francisco much?

Amex or Discover IT...I travel a lot for work nationwide and abroad as well any suggestions? :nerd:
Also going pages back I was reading... what's the highest max limits yall have on your cards and I ain't talking black card numbers HONESTLY....

I have an AMEX platinum, it's good for travel. Access to Centurion Lounges(SFO has a Centurion Lounge btw) for free. $250 allowance for extra baggage check in, inflight drinks, etc. No foreign transaction fee. No specified spending limit(depends on your spending history, credit score, income, etc).

Last edited:
just got approved for chase freedom. first CC for me. got denied a few months ago for the same card and tried again. this time I got it. :smokin

just got approved for chase freedom. first CC for me. got denied a few months ago for the same card and tried again. this time I got it. :smokin

Congrats, had that feeling a few months ago when I applied for a Macy's Credit Card.
Got denied when I was first trying to start my credit, that feeling is like no other. My go-to store, Ralph Lauren mainly.

good man. If at first u dont suceed... try better

Congratulations.

I remember being 19-20 with jacked up credit. Sportin a 720 plus these days and would be well over 750 if i didnt jus switc b up cars again

I have an AMEX platinum, it's good for travel. Access to Centurion Lounges(SFO has a Centurion Lounge btw) for free. $250 allowance for extra baggage check in, inflight drinks, etc. No foreign transaction fee. No specified spending limit(depends on your spending history, credit score, income, etc).

I'm a Flight Attendant so I travel a lot rent cars in different cities shop eat restaurants you name it....I do have a MasterCard now but I want higher Max on it but the bank told me to wait another month and then request it but I do want another card that way I have 2 leaning towards that Amex though

You def want an AMEX for travel perks. Unless u gotta business card nobodys seein their travel perks/rewards.

Discover is great for high limits. They jus bumped mine to 8500 after 6 months

how much will your credit score go up when you pay off a credit card/s?

Congrats, had that feeling a few months ago when I applied for a Macy's Credit Card.
Got denied when I was first trying to start my credit, that feeling is like no other. My go-to store, Ralph Lauren mainly.

good man. If at first u dont suceed... try better

Congratulations.

I remember being 19-20 with jacked up credit. Sportin a 720 plus these days and would be well over 750 if i didnt jus switc b up cars again

thanks fellas. def a good feeling. :smokin now i gotta start building from here

You def want an AMEX for travel perks. Unless u gotta business card nobodys seein their travel perks/rewards.

Amex bumped me up from $3k to $9k withing 60 days of opening the card via credit limit increase request

Amex bumped me up from $3k to $9k withing 60 days of opening the card via credit limit increase request

Damn just like that huh 60 days that's crazy...yeah I'm always on the go I think Ima go with Amex last I checked my score was 710 I've paid everything on time so I'm sure it hasn't changed...Amex is online only right?

I'm a Flight Attendant so I travel a lot rent cars in different cities shop eat restaurants you name it....I do have a MasterCard now but I want higher Max on it but the bank told me to wait another month and then request it but I do want another card that way I have 2 leaning towards that Amex though

Chase Sapphire preferred seems like a good card for you. They include insurance for rentals and 2X for travel and dining. Right now they have a 40k sign up bonus when you spend $4k in 3 months.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppW...A004877136&jp_cmp=cc/307156/aff/3-10002306/na

Chase Sapphire preferred seems like a good card for you. They include insurance for rentals and 2X for travel and dining. Right now they have a 40k sign up bonus when you spend $4k in 3 months.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppW...A004877136&jp_cmp=cc/307156/aff/3-10002306/na

Here's the thing I asked earlier idk if yall saw it but I have a card now hoping for higher credit limit they told me to wait another month...with that being said should I wait till then before trying to get another card with Amex or whoever or does it really matter? Just wondering if it will affect my credit scores...

Here's the thing I asked earlier idk if yall saw it but I have a card now hoping for higher credit limit they told me to wait another month...with that being said should I wait till then before trying to get another card with Amex or whoever or does it really matter? Just wondering if it will affect my credit scores...

I'd wait to be on the safe side. They only told you to wait a month.

I'd wait to be on the safe side. They only told you to wait a month.

Say no more Fam lol that's what I was going to do just wanted to know what other good cards to look for aside from Amex and discover

Go with the chase preferred. Unless you don't mind paying 450 (Amex) in comparison to 100 (chase) a year.

Go with the chase preferred. Unless you don't mind paying 450 (Amex) in comparison to 100 (chase) a year.

I guess I'll read up on chase folks in my inner circle haven't even mentioned chase so I'm surprised im hearing it from a lot of ppl in here which is a good sign...my issue was since I have a card now already usaa told me to wait a month to raise my limit that I'm cool with but I want another card so if decide to get one now will it affect my score or should I just wait for another month and do everything at once?

It's not a good idea to open too many cards in a short time frame. 1-2 in a year is ideal

whats that 40k worth? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom