25 and older Jordan heads

THIS! I hate when people say I shouldn't wear Jordan's or any sneaker at 28. Some women buy designer bags. I buy shoes...all kinds.
Dude I'm 34. I wear kicks whenever I'm not at work. It's my thing. It's what I like. F what the haters think. Everyone has their own things they like. It's not like we go around making fun of their spoon collections. Lol

Last edited:
Dude I'm 34. I wear kicks whenever I'm not at work. It's my thing. It's what I like. F what the haters think. Everyone has their own things they like. It's not like we go around making fun of their spoon collections. Lol

Lol! :rofl: exactly. Someone tried to tell me I was wasting money. My response, "stop trying to count my damn money."

Didn't read all the post, but I may be one of the oldest at 42. My first pair was the 3s back in 88. Love sneakers from day one. I wear all my Jordan's sooner or later. I have a few hook ups so that it was never a problem to get any pair that came to the store. In the past 5 or 6 years my son and nephew's have be lucky to get great deals on some of my prize Jordan's. I work with some young guys who call me crazy for wearing my shoes to work or wearing them period. I don't knock the young cats for not wearing their shoes. Its just crazy that you work or do what you do to get the shoes and just look at them.

Didn't read all the post, but I may be one of the oldest at 42. My first pair was the 3s back in 88. Love sneakers from day one. I wear all my Jordan's sooner or later. I have a few hook ups so that it was never a problem to get any pair that came to the store. In the past 5 or 6 years my son and nephew's have be lucky to get great deals on some of my prize Jordan's. I work with some young guys who call me crazy for wearing my shoes to work or wearing them period. I don't knock the young cats for not wearing their shoes. Its just crazy that you work or do what you do to get the shoes and just look at them.
I hear that but seriously man I have so many pairs that I can't wear them all lol it's a borderline problem lmfao

30... Married, no kids. Dress shoes & slacks at work 5 days a week, but when I'm off I'm in a pair of sneakers. Got my first pair of J's at 12 (OG concords) and that started my love of sneakers. My nearest FTL was 40 miles away but my mom would take me anytime I found out about a release. Stopped buying J's for a while, but I got back into the game again. Started w/ buying the J's I missed out on as a kid, and now just picking up any retros I previously had that I grew out of.

I'm currently working at a deli part time for some extra scratch, anyways while I was at work I'm wearing my Jordan 14 forest green. Anyways this 18 yr old kid who is shooting the breeze with me goes and says how he only collects og kicks and sells them for money and swears he's not a hype beast, he was asking about my own personal collection and why I won't sell mine and why I wear them. My question to the older Jordan heads is this do any of you guys still wear your Jordan's no matter how old an or rare. And 2 would you sell your collection if the offer was well worth it?
I tell my girl all the time, when we get married I will wear my jays, Iam 30 an have No plan on stop wearing my jays, especially the 1,4,3,11, which can always come off nice and grown with a few outfits,I don't think wearing ya kicks should come with age, well maybe certain models or color ways,and as for selling,I look at jays like art,an history..each pair has a story an a memories, so unless u buy things you really don't care for,I can't see one just selling for couple of dollars unless desperate an more important things come up, but other than that I will hold in to mines..

hats off to all the Nters/kicks addict over 40 like me and STILL love the SHOEGAME,,,my advice to the newheads,,dont stare at your shoes,wear all your kicks and enjoy them before its too late.

im 27, no kids, no wife, my own spot, nice car and makea nice living. ill be damned if im going to let society or ANYBODY for that fact influence me and dress like an old geezer at 27. im good and im going to do ME until im dead. ive definitely slowed down on kicks and only have about 20 Js now, but it's not about being 27 but more so that this sneaker game is played out and nike/JB have watered it down. ive got a youthful spirit and im going to live life to the fullest. :smokin
THIS!

Respect bruh! You wear what YOU want, not what society believes is right... As long as you're happy that's all that matters! Too many peeps have to follow what's "acceptable"...

Age is nothing but numbers put together. As we are NT users we have something in common for the most part is Kicks let's rock them no matter what where and when and salute each other.

Dr.Kickologist Over and Out!!!

Just turned 33 last week...

I really can't see not wearing J's. I wore them on court since '91, casually as well since '95, and collecting since 2000.
I work as a video producer and wear J's on set every day. Older folks I work with always ask me what 'fancy shoes' I'm wearing, and just last week a 16 year old said he liked my low top 2's. I was impressed he knew what they were. :smile:
I've stuck with J's for so long, and still love them, I actually don't like wearing other shoes. They don't have the history or relate to me the way J's do.
I wear dress shoes with suits, but I even have Jordan VI boots for winter here in MN.
I'm a big fan of OG colorways & NIKE AIR where it's supposed to be. But some of my other favorites over the years have been the Laney 5's, Mocha 3's, Snakeskin 11's, French Blue 7's and Cool Grey 4's & 11's.

Here's a pic of what I wore today:
View media item 615264

Just turned 33 last week...

I really can't see not wearing J's. I wore them on court since '91, casually as well since '95, and collecting since 2000.
I work as a video producer and wear J's on set every day. Older folks I work with always ask me what 'fancy shoes' I'm wearing, and just last week a 16 year old said he liked my low top 2's. I was impressed he knew what they were. :smile:
I've stuck with J's for so long, and still love them, I actually don't like wearing other shoes. They don't have the history or relate to me the way J's do.
I wear dress shoes with suits, but I even have Jordan VI boots for winter here in MN.
I'm a big fan of OG colorways & NIKE AIR where it's supposed to be. But some of my other favorites over the years have been the Laney 5's, Mocha 3's, Snakeskin 11's, French Blue 7's and Cool Grey 4's & 11's.

Here's a pic of what I wore today:
View media item 615264

Much respect!!!

IM 28 AND I HAVE A VERY YOUTHFUL SPIRIT...LOVED KICKS SINCE I WAS 9..I CAN LITERALLY REMEMBER LIKING AND BUYING KICKS FOR SCHOOL IN AUGUST AT THAT AGE. FOR ME I STILL BUY AND WEAR KICKS BUT IT HAS SLOWED DOWN TREMENDOUSLY AND ITS MORE SO ABOUT PRIORITIZING...IM GETTING MORE FOCUSED ON SPENDING MY MONEY ON PAYING BACK SCHOOL LOANS AND SUCH BUT I STILL ROCK THE CRAP OUTTA MY KICKS ON WEEKENDS AND I SOLD A LOT OF MY COLLECTION OVER THE YEARS WHEN I NEEDED THE EXTRA CASH. I COULD PROBABLY SEE MYSELF SELLING SOME STUFF IN THE FUTURE BUT THERE ARE CERTAIN PAIRS OF KICKS THAT I JUST CANT GET RID OF... ESPECIALLY KICKS I COULDNT AFFORD WHEN I WAS A KID...

Well I'm 43 and it all started for me in 89,I'm from the uk and Jordan's weren't out over here so never seen a pair,so one day I was walking threw the local mall in the city centre of Manchester and this guy is walking towards me and just happen to look at his feet and see he a pair of jordan 4 cements on and they just blew me away I don't even now what make they were back then because there's no logo as you all know,so I stopped the guy and asked him what they were and he told all about them and about M J,the guy was from the US on holiday,had to wait a year to get a pair of jordan 5s when they did start to sell over here,I've got about 50 pairs now and don't think I'm going to stop buying them,I'm a bit more selective about the ones I buy now..that's just my little story on how it all started for me..:smile:

Im 28...soon to be 29 next month. Been wearing Js since the day my dad copped them for me in 6th grade. OG Playoff 12s. I snuck and wore them for 6th grad graduation across the stage and almost got my ***** whipped for doing. Looking back...would do it all over again. Me my favs have started at 9s. I dunno why but I like the 1-8s but just never jumped on a pair. 9s started my love. As today sits, I have slowed down a bit. I am married, no kids, banging job and make fantastic money. I am a true kid at heart and will remain. I rock jordan cleats during flag football season. I have opened my shoe collection up to much more than jordans now though because I absolutely HATE the cheap materials plus the inflated cost of retros. I purchased 2 pair of retro 12 playoffs the past go round because I missed the 2004 release...and I literally hate the material. Bought my real size in ALL jordans and they are big. Now I have the flu game retro suede 12s and they are perfect fitting. Makes me sick honestly. So I have now branched out to Asics, Radii, Supra, NB and Lebrons. My main reason for Lebrons...is the fact they are todays OG Js. They fit perfect and feel amazing. The are made of the best quality products and so on. But I am not willing to pay 250-300 for a shoe that was originally 140 back in the day. I just purchased the Lebron X Volts because I found them for 140. I wear slacks and button ups (jos a banks)  and hard bottoms (johnston murphy) 4 days a week and on Friday...BAM I hit the office in full effect.

Copped these Mexican Blanket Radii's and rocked them with a white polo to work a few weeks back.

***Bottom line is I am me, and will always be me, and as long as I take care of home, put money into savings, make sure my wife got what she needs...then I do as I feel. She knows me...I was me before I was with her and will/have been me while with her. She knows I ride motorcycles, shoot/carry guns, rock sneakers***

I did just pick up the UNC XX8 se colorway because I feel like these are at least getting back to what Jordan was about. Made out of best materials, new technology, great feel and most of all $150. My first pair was $140 so the 10 difference is as it should be.

I refuse NO MATTER how old I am to stop wearing sneakers. My pops in 58 and rocks the hell out of his OG Tan and OG Blue/Black  low 13s. As well, I got him a pair of blk/white 9s for fathers day...and what he do...ran straight to ***** Sporting and copped some mesh jordan shorts, white jordan tee and a jordan fitted. AT 58 yrs old.

Last edited:
IM 28 AND I HAVE A VERY YOUTHFUL SPIRIT...LOVED KICKS SINCE I WAS 9..I CAN LITERALLY REMEMBER LIKING AND BUYING KICKS FOR SCHOOL IN AUGUST AT THAT AGE. FOR ME I STILL BUY AND WEAR KICKS BUT IT HAS SLOWED DOWN TREMENDOUSLY AND ITS MORE SO ABOUT PRIORITIZING...IM GETTING MORE FOCUSED ON SPENDING MY MONEY ON PAYING BACK SCHOOL LOANS AND SUCH BUT I STILL ROCK THE CRAP OUTTA MY KICKS ON WEEKENDS AND I SOLD A LOT OF MY COLLECTION OVER THE YEARS WHEN I NEEDED THE EXTRA CASH. I COULD PROBABLY SEE MYSELF SELLING SOME STUFF IN THE FUTURE BUT THERE ARE CERTAIN PAIRS OF KICKS THAT I JUST CANT GET RID OF... ESPECIALLY KICKS I COULDNT AFFORD WHEN I WAS A KID...
I would be youthful too if I was only 28! Lmao jk I hear you though

I'm 31 and I was collecting since 9th grade I have every Jordan 1-28 every foam every huaraches every uptempo in 05 I sold a few kicks just because I needed room and I regret it like selling your memories

I'm 31 and I was collecting since 9th grade I have every Jordan 1-28 every foam every huaraches every uptempo in 05 I sold a few kicks just because I needed room and I regret it like selling your memories
Nice work on the collection. i know how you feel never wanna sell your memories for each pick up its priceless....

35+ Back in the day I wouldn't ball in my Js cus the older kids would kick my *** on court !- I had a lot of black Js back then cus they were "low key" but after Mike won his first ring I went off Js as they were too main stream and I was always into the "underground" stuff. I copped a pair of OG Bred XIs but after that I was more into ballin at a high level in AF1s and retro flight 89s to some way prove it wasn't the shoes... Nowadays Im on the latest tech for ball (lebrons,melos etc anything to keep the wheels turnin :D )

Anyhow I first saw MJ play at the Barcelona Olympics, I was rocking the 180s back then cus I never liked the 7s, I went to my first NBA game in the united center in 2005 and seeing the place then brought back memory's of mike playing with the bulls - I can only imagine how the city was back in the 90s. A year later in 2006 I got to meet MJ at the Ryder cup in Ireland, brief encounter - he seemed like a guy with a lot of yes people around him - but sincere all the same.

Last edited:
Been lurking around this forum for a while and think this is the best thread for my first post.

34 years, from Perth, Australia, wife, 1 kid, good paying job. NEVER grown up really. Never plan to.

First Jordans were Black 6's. And like MJ I won my first "championship" in these shoes :smile:

I ******g worshipped these shoes. I remember coming home after games and cleaning the soles with a toothbrush to keep them clean. It was the 5's that got me into J's though but I never got them.

My Mum only ever bought me the 6's and refused to buy me any more. I used to ref basketball to make the cash so I could save up and buy them. I was lucky to buy maybe 2 pair of "expensive" shoes a year. As a result I missed out on a lot of shoes I wanted and making a choice was very difficult. Always wanted Reeboks but Nike/JB won out every time.

For years I wanted to get back into collecting them but found other things to spend my money. Finally as a NY resolutions I decided to start my collection and I just happened to pick one hell of a year to start. I basically own every pair of Reeboks I ever wanted and its the year of my favourite Jordans ever - the 5's. Finally after 23 years of wanting a pair of 5's they were the first Jordans I bought in my collection. I now have 2 of them as I love rockin these 5's. Pushing 20 pairs now and everyone thinks I'm a crazy ****. But **** em its what I love.

For me these shoes bring back a part of my youth. Now that have prestige and history attached to them. When you look back (we take it for granted now) these shoes were incredible technology and very futuristic. Us older guys were lucky to have brought up during such an explosion of fashion and technology.

I think its great the young guys are getting into J's and other 80s/90s retro's. They might not fully appreciate the designs and the history but then no one really does at that age. Althought the D-list celebrities promoting J's can **** right off - making us look bad!

I'm still ballin at my age albeit not as quick and skillful as I used to be and loving Lebrons for playing - incredible shoes.

Well I'm 43 and it all started for me in 89,I'm from the uk and Jordan's weren't out over here so never seen a pair,so one day I was walking threw the local mall in the city centre of Manchester and this guy is walking towards me and just happen to look at his feet and see he a pair of jordan 4 cements on and they just blew me away I don't even now what make they were back then because there's no logo as you all know,so I stopped the guy and asked him what they were and he told all about them and about M J,the guy was from the US on holiday,had to wait a year to get a pair of jordan 5s when they did start to sell over here,I've got about 50 pairs now and don't think I'm going to stop buying them,I'm a bit more selective about the ones I buy now..that's just my little story on how it all started for me..:smile:

How popular are J's in the UK these days? I was living in London for a few years and don't ever remember seeing them (mind you I wasn't really looking).

But now theres seems like so many options to buy J's, so many websites. In Australia we have Footlocker and one other place yet they seem to go quick.

How popular are J's in the UK these days? I was living in London for a few years and don't ever remember seeing them (mind you I wasn't really looking).

But now theres seems like so many options to buy J's, so many websites. In Australia we have Footlocker and one other place yet they seem to go quick.
Well there popular now there in fashion here,it's gone like blazers,max 1,Air Force 1,roshe run and now the young folk are all into Jordan's but it will pass and they will find something else to make trendy as it were but for me I've never seen Jordan's as being in or out of fashion I just love wearing them,well back in the day there was no websites coz there was no net so the only way to get them was to jump on the plane like I did,been to the states now about 30 times love the place,I try and go twice a year I go for my holidays and do a bit of shopping for my sneakers,love the outlets you can pick up a good few bargains..as for footlocker in Manchester it started up as a very small store and it's move a few times getting bigger and bigger,now it's the second house of hoops in England the other one is in London and you can pick stuff up here easy coz most of the stuff sits for a while....

I'm 35. Wife, 3 kids, mortgage, etc. 

I was out of the game for a LONG time. Felt like I was too old and had better things to spend money on, but back in the day I was a big time sneakerhead. First pair was a pair of Grape Vs. That got me absolutely hooked. I wore those daily for a month or so and then the VIs released. I had a pair of Carmines, black infrareds, and white infrareds and I was just hooked from that point on. I stopped wearin em after while though, wore work boots more often due to the job I was working out of school and sort of got used to it. 

Always admired the J's from afar, though. I realized lately that I'll ALWAYS have a liking for shoes. J's especially, but kicks in general.

I've been wearing a pair of the '89 Flights for a while now. Few weeks ago, I bought these (or should I say, bought them AGAIN, since I bought the OGs back in 1990 haha)

I'm hooked again, man. I have owned a lot of Nikes over the years but never ones that I actually cared about or felt were a little more special like the J's. But it never really goes away, I feel like if you're a sneakerhead you'll always kinda stay one. 

I have to wear dress clothes to work, but since I end up having to walk a lot some days I use that to convince my boss to be a little lax on my shoes that I can wear, so as long as I keep 'em pretty subtle on the colors. Here's today's:

I'm just hooked. Probably for life. I'll be copping the infrareds when they drop next year. Best looking shoes of all time, IMO, and a really fond memory for me. Gotta have 'em. Next year being the year of the VIs, and the Vs and the VIs being my favorite Jordans, I'll probably end up spending a ton of cash on shoes next year and my wife will wanna kill me but oh well. 

I'm 35. Wife, 3 kids, mortgage, etc. 

I was out of the game for a LONG time. Felt like I was too old and had better things to spend money on, but back in the day I was a big time sneakerhead. First pair was a pair of Grape Vs. That got me absolutely hooked. I wore those daily for a month or so and then the VIs released. I had a pair of Carmines, black infrareds, and white infrareds and I was just hooked from that point on. I stopped wearin em after while though, wore work boots more often due to the job I was working out of school and sort of got used to it. 

Always admired the J's from afar, though. I realized lately that I'll ALWAYS have a liking for shoes. J's especially, but kicks in general.

I've been wearing a pair of the '89 Flights for a while now. Few weeks ago, I bought these (or should I say, bought them AGAIN, since I bought the OGs back in 1990 haha)

View media item 616882

I'm hooked again, man. I have owned a lot of Nikes over the years but never ones that I actually cared about or felt were a little more special like the J's. But it never really goes away, I feel like if you're a sneakerhead you'll always kinda stay one. 

I have to wear dress clothes to work, but since I end up having to walk a lot some days I use that to convince my boss to be a little lax on my shoes that I can wear, so as long as I keep 'em pretty subtle on the colors. Here's today's:

View media item 616893

I'm just hooked. Probably for life. I'll be copping the infrareds when they drop next year. Best looking shoes of all time, IMO, and a really fond memory for me. Gotta have 'em. Next year being the year of the VIs, and the Vs and the VIs being my favorite Jordans, I'll probably end up spending a ton of cash on shoes next year and my wife will wanna kill me but oh well. 

1st Congrats to you and the family.
2nd Happy to see the love and passion for kicks hasn't left you at all and will always Cont.

Thanks. 

Yeah, like I said, even when I didnt buy any Js or anything, I'd always notice a nice pair. I wont ever have the collection like some of you guys here have, but they still have the appeal to me that I've just accepted wont ever go away. There's a nostalgia factor of course but even some of the modern ones are just very appealing to me. Nothing is quite as comfortable to me as some of the J's (these Melo B'mos are extreeeemely comfortable) and I still get a little grin from 'em. Especially when I run into another obvious sneakerhead and there's just that little nod like "yeah man, I get it". Man, when I wear those pumps, at least twice a day someone will comment on 'em or ask "do they still pump?!? Where'd you get 'em??". 

I may look goofy in em now and not be able to pull it off like when I was younger, and I cant spend like I used to on 'em with all the responsibility I have on me now, but still, I'm gonna wear what I want and what feels good ya know? 

Back
Top Bottom