29 college degrees and counting

Originally Posted by Mags on fire

1st thing I thought of was that Kanye skit
laugh.gif

These guys are out here making money all these ways, and I'm spending mine to be smart. You know why? Because when I die, buddy, you knowwhat's going to keep me warm? That's right, those degrees.

29 degrees and not a single job was given.
But seriously: Props to him.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Stupid. Getting degrees on paper means absolutely NOTHING in terms of being successful. I understand that at this point, he's probably just doing it for the challenge, but from a academic standpoint, it's extremely unnecessary.

How is it stupid. He's clearly doing it for the knowledge and love of learning and not the pieces of paper.

There are a lot of people out there who wish they had this dudes life. I know if time and money were no issue I'd pursue a couple of degrees out of pure interest.
Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.
By that definition the guy sounds pretty damn successful to me.

All of this.

Props to dude.

at 71, in this economy who will hire him? might as well become a professor or professional tutor

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

at 71, in this economy who will hire him? might as well become a professor or professional tutor
He's retired people. He's been doing it for the knowledge, not to get a job.
Sheesh, how many nters in this thread actually read the article? 
eyes.gif

You guys are completely missing the point of why he's doing what he's doing.
Not doing it for a job, he likes to learn. I think that's pretty commendable

Yall some strong haters. He is doing it for the knowledge and love of learning. He is not doing this for a job. This is his hobby

Lol what a waste. Theres a whole world out there and this psycho sat around typing papers his whole life. I feel sorry for dude to be honest.

Originally Posted by beh235

No,  I don't know what sexy is, but I can count up the change in your purse really fast 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

First thing I thought of.

Good for the man!

Isn't education in Kalamazoo free? Honestly, I'm not impressed either. He's not contributing anything he's learning to society, so what's the need to celebrate his accomplishments for publically? Personal achievement, pat on the back for him. We're all lifetime learners to a degree we just don't sit in a classroom to prove it.

Originally Posted by kickstart

Isn't education in Kalamazoo free? Honestly, I'm not impressed either. He's not contributing anything he's learning to society, so what's the need to celebrate his accomplishments for publically? Personal achievement, pat on the back for him. We're all lifetime learners to a degree we just don't sit in a classroom to prove it.
Doubt he's doing it to impress anyone at 71. 
At some point in life you stop caring what others think and start doing things that bring intrinsic joy to your life. That or you continue to try and impress others.

Props to dude.  

Back
Top Bottom