3/16 Lakers v. Rockets (Where 22 Happens)

As someone who hasnt watched the Rockets since like the first week of the season I can see how they are doing this incredible run. Despite losing Yao theyhave assembled a team that believes in the defense and are shutting down teams. I mean from the outside looking in you seem some of the trades they did andthink "why" (like Bonzi & James for Bobby Jackson) but they obviously knew what they were doing and built up a great unit. If they stay on topof the West after being out of the Playoff a few months back then Adelman has to get Coach of the Year and perhaps T-Mac should get some MVP attention.

As for the game...Lakers were in it but again they get killed by a point guard and still dont know how not to go under screens. And Battier did an incrediblejob on Kobe.
I dont know how the Rockets can go without Yao and I dont know how they would stop Duncan but they really do some damage in they Playoffs. I know as a Lakerfan I wouldnt want to see them without Bynum and Pau at full strength.

Rockets
pimp.gif

Adelman
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

skip
smokin.gif

Freaking crap, they score 12 points in the 3rd quarter, and I'm thinking 'Yessir, here we go.'

They're apparently going to resign to kobe-ball, and from what I've seen the last couple years, I know this to be true: neither Kobe or Phil wantsKobe-ball. Now, Kobe's not going to back down from having the team expect him to just do everything, but that doesn't mean he's happy about it(see: Summer 2007). And Phil definitely hates when the team just stands around, gives a lackluster effort, and expect the wins to come from Kobe'sshoulders.

This is not going to be a very fun few weeks if tonight is an indication of how things will be.

On paper, the stats look like it was a close game, especially going in to the 4th. But the game I just saw was not a close game: Houston was the only teamplaying with passion.

Major, MAJOR props on the Rockets for 22 in a row. Unbelievable, man. Unlike the Blazers, however (remember their streak a couple months ago?
nerd.gif
), I think youguys are for real.

P.S. HECK YEAH I'M A D-FISH FAN. Name a PG who's done more for the Lakers this decade. Gary Payton? One year trumps D-Fish's contributions in 4Laker Finals?
nerd.gif
Ron Harper? No way. And please say Smush.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Freaking crap, they score 12 points in the 3rd quarter, and I'm thinking 'Yessir, here we go.'

They're apparently going to resign to kobe-ball, and from what I've seen the last couple years, I know this to be true: neither Kobe or Phil wants Kobe-ball. Now, Kobe's not going to back down from having the team expect him to just do everything, but that doesn't mean he's happy about it (see: Summer 2007). And Phil definitely hates when the team just stands around, gives a lackluster effort, and expect the wins to come from Kobe's shoulders.

This is not going to be a very fun few weeks if tonight is an indication of how things will be.

On paper, the stats look like it was a close game, especially going in to the 4th. But the game I just saw was not a close game: Houston was the only team playing with passion.

Major, MAJOR props on the Rockets for 22 in a row. Unbelievable, man. Unlike the Blazers, however (remember their streak a couple months ago?
nerd.gif
), I think you guys are for real.

P.S. HECK YEAH I'M A D-FISH FAN. Name a PG who's done more for the Lakers this decade. Gary Payton? One year trumps D-Fish's contributions in 4 Laker Finals?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

i think you forgot brian shaw's contribution in that 4th quarter of game 7 v. the blazers. he literally saved the season for the lakers and triggeredthe dynasty.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Y'all read it wrong.

Y'all read 'Name another Laker PG this decade,' like this was some trivia question.

I repeat: Name a PG who's done more for the Lakers this decade. Lue? B-Shaw? I think an argument could probably be made for Brian Shaw, but it wouldn'tbe an argument that shows he's dominated Fisher for the title of 'Best Laker PG This Decade.'

laugh.gif

Y'all read it wrong.

Y'all read 'Name another Laker PG this decade,' like this was some trivia question.

I repeat: Name a PG who's done more for the Lakers this decade. Lue? B-Shaw? I think an argument could probably be made for Brian Shaw, but it wouldn't be an argument that shows he's dominated Fisher for the title of 'Best Laker PG This Decade.'

at least it ain't ty lue
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

For some reason i think David Stern is setting up a plot for the Rockets this year. The same thing he did with the Cavs last year. Rockets 22 games streak is one of the reason David Stern want for the NBA in order to boost the rating. My guess is he will do something with the officiating to give the Rockets a ticket to the Finals or at least the Western Final.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

about that...
lert me add to that
indifferent.gif
and just log off

You simple minded NTers never know the NBA is all about business and entertainment ?
roll.gif
Some of you should make a thread call the "Houston Rockets bandwagon".If NT had one last year for the Warriors, they should have one this year for the Rockets
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I'm logging off now . See you guys in the playoff.
mad.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

For some reason i think David Stern is setting up a plot for the Rockets this year. The same thing he did with the Cavs last year. Rockets 22 games streak is one of the reason David Stern want for the NBA in order to boost the rating. My guess is he will do something with the officiating to give the Rockets a ticket to the Finals or at least the Western Final.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

about that...
lert me add to that
indifferent.gif
and just log off

indifferent.gif

This was the first NBA game I watched all season.
Good game, and my boy Skip got a career high.

Great game by Houston yesterday, and not so much by my Lakers.
smh.gif

One of those things where when a guy is hot, you may want to start guarding him better. I guess the first 6 3's Alston hit didn't wake us up, so wedeserve to watch him knock a couple more before they turn out the lights. Phil should re-think his strategy that we aren't going to let TMac beat us,we'll let your other guys try to beat us, and they said "ok" and did it.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Props to Houston for #22.

They're apparently going to resign to kobe-ball, and from what I've seen the last couple years, I know this to be true: neither Kobe or Phil wants Kobe-ball. Now, Kobe's not going to back down from having the team expect him to just do everything, but that doesn't mean he's happy about it (see: Summer 2007). And Phil definitely hates when the team just stands around, gives a lackluster effort, and expect the wins to come from Kobe's shoulders.

On paper, the stats look like it was a close game, especially going in to the 4th. But the game I just saw was not a close game: Houston was the only team playing with passion.

nerd.gif
), I think you guys are for real.

P.S. HECK YEAH I'M A D-FISH FAN. Name a PG who's done more for the Lakers this decade. Gary Payton? One year trumps D-Fish's contributions in 4 Laker Finals?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I agree with Fish in this current decade.

But if you want to take it to the 90s, I'm going with my dude, Nick Van Exel, hands down!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

That last one was low shuges...
wink.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

SHUGES always taking shots at Kobe.
laugh.gif

When things are going bad for #24, Mr. SHUGES is there to stick the dagger in his back.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Come on ya'll... I went the whole game without a single negative comment!

But for real though, I see what the vets like Barkley and Jordan and Magic and Bird say about not being friendly with people from the opposing team. Cuz youend up not going all out. I mean, look at Raja Bell! Son turned soft as soon as Dirty Snake seduced his brain.
smh.gif

And now I'm starting to feel like Raja.
frown.gif

Don't worry, come playoffs, I'll be back to my "you Dirty Bastard Snake" ways.
devil.gif

Impressive win for the Rockets. Would've preferred seeing Pau out there though.

My guess is he will do something with the officiating to give the Rockets a ticket to the Finals or at least the Western Final.
here we go with the conspiracy theories

eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom