3rd Annual SB Secret Santa/Exchange/GIF 2016 Thread (SOON TO BE 4TH ANNUAL)

i still don't have everything for my gift.. and yes, my person is getting shoes as well.
no shots fired, but maybe next time we require that shoes are sent.. shoes are why we're here.. just saying.

^ Agree on that point. Some people got shoes, some didn't. Should be a rule I'd say. 

Even solely for the reason that this is NIKEtalk :tongue:

But I can also understand the flip side of finding other nice things to send out.

Last edited:

We are at 12 out of 32 with the deadline coming up next Monday. The more I think about it, it might be best to extend the deadline by a week because no one is shipping at the end of this week.
are we talking about here or the supreme one?

i still don't have everything for my gift.. and yes, my person is getting shoes as well.
no shots fired, but maybe next time we require that shoes are sent.. shoes are why we're here.. just saying.

I don't know I'd prefer being more inclusive of people, those of us sending shoes went way over the established guideline of how much to spend, but I know I didn't do it expecting to get the same back. I just like having fun buying for people since I don't get to do it much for family anymore.

^ Agree on that point. Some people got shoes, some didn't. Should be a rule I'd say. 

Even solely for the reason that this is NIKEtalk :tongue:

But I can also understand the flip side of finding other nice things to send out.
Well, all I'll say on that topic is the rules were pretty explicit:

Minimum value $30, no maximum value. As I stated many times, don't be upset if you sent off tiff lows and got back a t-shirt. There was no requirement for shoes for this reason. Another reason I didn't require shoes is because say you have a couple shirts and random items that would be perfect but you just sent off a $100 pair of shoes (the average value of a single pair of SB's). It forces people to spend a minimum of $100, even if you had them in your closet and didn't have to "spend" $100, you're still giving away something that cost you $100 at one point. 

I don't know I'd prefer being more inclusive of people, those of us sending shoes went way over the established guideline of how much to spend, but I know I didn't do it expecting to get the same back. I just like having fun buying for people since I don't get to do it much for family anymore.

Last edited:
You can find cool stuff for around $50-$70 bucks 

Common sense...   I just put myself in someone else shoes ..."What would i want to get..."  n just bought sheeeiiit!

i agree.. I didn't go into this expecting anything.. it'll be fun. i was just making a suggestion. [emoji]128515[/emoji]

and i also have fun buying for people as well. i'm happy with whatever i get.

man.. i just thought it would be cool... didn't mean to stir up anything. i'm sorry, fam.
get-smart-huh.gif

man.. i just thought it would be cool... didn't mean to stir up anything. i'm sorry, fam.
No shots fired. I'm just saying that I did it for a reason. If we made it SB and kicks only, then someone would say "why can't we send accessories." As I said, in both scenarios there's winners and losers, so we just gotta do this one with a positive attitude and the next time around if someone else wants to take the reins, try something different for sure! I just happened to be the only person to step up and make it happen so I decided on rules I thought were best based on the feedback I received from the group. I figured there's no fairer way to do it.

We are at 12 out of 32 with the deadline coming up next Monday. The more I think about it, it might be best to extend the deadline by a week because no one is shipping at the end of this week.
yeah mine, isn't going out til tomorrow because that's when the shirt arrives. it is going to the east coast, so who knows if it'll get delayed or anything due to weather.

I sent out kicks but I wouldn't be mad if I didn't get any in return. Rather give them out than having them take up space. Also, when I give is because I can.

you did a great job! apologies if i sounded like i was complaining.. it was just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Happy thanksgiving!

@StillIn729

On fb - https://www.facebook.com/coolstoryjosh?fref=nf

Size 8.5 Paparazzi
Bin: 120

Size 7.5 Thai Temples
Bin: 130

Size 8.5 Walk of Fames

Size 8 De La Highs
Bin: 275

Size 8.5 Civilists

Size 9 MIAs

Size 8.5 Stars & Stripes
Bin: 90

Size 8.5 Sharks
Bin: 350

Size 8 Digicamo Janoskis
Bin: 60

Size 8 White Out Dunks
Bin: 80

NON SBs

Size 9 Christmas Kobe 7s
Bin: 300

Size 8.5 Grinches
Bin: 250

Size 8 AJKOs

Size 7.5 Vachetta Mid Tisci's 
Bin: 375

1796677_10203534044579976_280709735545891407_n.jpg

No shots fired. I'm just saying that I did it for a reason. If we made it SB and kicks only, then someone would say "why can't we send accessories." As I said, in both scenarios there's winners and losers, so we just gotta do this one with a positive attitude and the next time around if someone else wants to take the reins, try something different for sure! I just happened to be the only person to step up and make it happen so I decided on rules I thought were best based on the feedback I received from the group. I figured there's no fairer way to do it.

HONESTLY, I think we are all Winners.
Most of us came into this 1st Annual SB Secret Santa/Exchange/GIF 2014 Blind.
I've done Secret Santa/White Elephant/Whatevayouwannacallit before, But I didn't know what to expect.
We Are ALL a Great Group and knew that we would buy what we liked for ourselves or what we thought others would like/love.
Some even Stalked or Got Stalked by their Secret Santa...
Everyone's intentions were to do their Best when giving their Gifts and some even saw this as a, "My Box will be the best..."(No shots fired.)
But Overall, I definately see this as a Ongoing Tradition, that I for one, will keep contributing to, year after year, after year, etc...
Not to get sentimental, but We Are All Family(SB Family), and it was nice to be part of this.
I received Sneaks, but I never expected Sneaks, I figured whatever I got, I would love since it came from the same intentions that I had - To Participate and Appreciate/Respect Everyone and Give from their Hearts and make someone Smile!

I'm gonna be shipping before the deadline, at worst day of. 

Just wanted to add something else to the package besides (new) kicks. 

I kinda get Rice saying shoes should be a requirement...but I'm not against the current rules.

In a perfect world next year we would have tiers with one side being kicks based & the other being whatever you wanted.

Yeah I just meant winners and losers as in you can't ever please everyone and make the perfect compromise, ya know? Repped, though.

I'll just keep my mouth shut.....
Haha it's cool man, just friendly chatter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom