400 Degreez vs Tha Carter

Which is the better album overall?

• Juvenile - 400 Degreez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lil Wayne - Tha Carter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Please help settle an ongoing debate between a coworker and I. Which album would you give the nod to as being the better overall album? I don't believe it's even a debate which album had more commercial success.

I personally give the nod to 400 Degreez. It damn near started a rap revolution at the time.

As far as impact, 400 degreez hands down, but Tha Carter is the best abum to drop on Cash Money

Id definitely rather listen to Tha Carter these days. Project English was my favorite Juve album, idk why

Tha Carter made him a star ppl started to take him serious after that one.

Definitely tha carter for me. Play that at any get together with just a few of the homies and its like a small choir session haha

400 Degreez all day nothing in Wayne catalog can **** with 400 Degreez....400 Degreez put Cash Money on the map...CASH MONEY is the House that JUVIE & FRESH built ask anybody from my city they will tell you that..

Not even Wayne's best album can compete with 400 Degreez. Not only was 400 Degreez a great album, but it's an iconic southern album. The Carter is better now than it was back then, and a good album for Wayne in comparison to today, but that's about it. For anybody who has never listened to old school Cash Money albums and you wanna know what that era sounded like, that's probably the best album to define the old Cash Money.

504 in here. Tha Carter should never be compared to 400 Degreez. 400 Degreez is a classic. CLASSIC. 

^ totally agreed. 400 Degreez is the best thing to come out of CMR Period. I'd put Tha Carter in 2nd place behind that.

IMO the production on 400 Degreez's, and Mannie's sound from that specific CM era in general, really haven't aged as well as other sounds from the period.

I also think the Carter is much closer in quality to 400 Degreez than most older heads are willing to admit.

it's worth mentioning that I basically came up on that sound... 400 Degreez was the first rap album I ever owned. Words can't describe how big 400 Degreez was where I'm from. In terms of influence and uniform popularity, in my city it was TM101 years before TM101.

all that said, I'm 10x more likely to throw on the Carter than anything else ever released by CM to date.

Last edited:
400 basically solidified cash money. I know for a fact it had more impact on the southern rap landscape as a whole. I'm not entirely familiar with the Carter 1, but I know it had some bangers and it put Wayne on a different tier of rappers.

Almost like comparing the AJ 3 to the 11s :lol: a discussion of two editions that changed the game.

Off topic but: juvie the great or reality check?

The Carter elevated Wayne, but 400 Degreez elevated an entire region....and they never looked back.

400 degreez is a undisputed classic...prolly the best album to come outta new orleans but personally tha carter hold a special spot 4 me...like roun uptop said id prolly throw the carter on before 400...thats my favorite wayne album, the way that ***** was spittin on there, that flow, and the way he was puttin rhyme schemes together is 2nd to none...wayne 2002- 2006>>

IDK about 400 Degreez being better than The Carter..Don't get me wrong 400 is a CLASSIC!!! but Weezy came soooo hard on The Carter..especially track 4-BM JR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom