401k question..need some advice

So i have about $4,000+ in my 401k...good idea to take out? take a loan against it? or just keep putting money into it? I mean I could use the money to pay offbills but it wont hurt either to leave it. Can anyone take me to school on this please. Thanks in advance.

Well your going to have a penalty if you take any out. If you need money I would stop contributing for awhile. But that would be a last resort. The money yousave in your 20's is where you get your biggest gain in the end.

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

don't touch or RIP
ye $4k thats pretty good for where your at right now. and assuming your not in your career field yet. i say wait 2-3 more years and youll havesome nice change in there. i built up like $1200 in mine and i said @#$% it send me the check and i got around $900 after the penalties. i need to start minesback up again.

Just leave the money in the account, and liquidate some of your other assets to pay off your bills. Get rid of some of your shoes if you have to. I can tellyou one thing, by the time you're 60 and retired (or close to retiring), and you look back at your life, I guarantee you that leaving that money in youraccount will have been the smarter decision. You will think you were an idiot for having wasted so much money on shoes (if I am to assume you are like the restof us who have wasted way too much money on shoes). At least I think I'm an idiot for owning 100+ pairs. If only I had known......

Back
Top Bottom