5 Centimeters Per Second.

I watched the first episode yesterday on youtube...very impressed with the visuals...kind of made me nostalgic for some reason.

I watched the first episode yesterday on youtube...very impressed with the visuals...kind of made me nostalgic for some reason.

Thread is APPRECIATED.
pimp.gif

I remember watching this a while ago and it's gotta be hands down one of my most favorite movies of all time. This movie was on some REAL S.H.T.TTTTT.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thread is APPRECIATED.
pimp.gif

I remember watching this a while ago and it's gotta be hands down one of my most favorite movies of all time. This movie was on some REAL S.H.T.TTTTT.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

This is a GREAT movie. I'd recommend it to anybody. Some of the most beautiful animation/illustration you'll ever see and a very touching story.

It is absolutely nothing like 500 Days of Summer though
laugh.gif
Although there are slight similarities, 5 Centimeters Per Second deals more with physical distance, emotional distance, and, ultimately, time. I am a huge fan of how they broke the movie down into three chapters.

Spoiler [+]
I don't think this movie has a happy ending. Akari marries the other guy and lives happily ever after. That last chapter deals with the distance between the two created by time. It shows how love isn't a one-way street. Although he's still hung up about her, she's moved on.

Actually it really depends on how you look at it. I got the impression that it may have ended well for the two characters.

I think that Akari marries the other guy but if you look closely @ Takaki during the last scene after the train passes, you'll notice that he has a little smirk on his face then goes on his way. It symbolizes that Takaki may have finally been able to move on by that point in time.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

This is a GREAT movie. I'd recommend it to anybody. Some of the most beautiful animation/illustration you'll ever see and a very touching story.

It is absolutely nothing like 500 Days of Summer though
laugh.gif
Although there are slight similarities, 5 Centimeters Per Second deals more with physical distance, emotional distance, and, ultimately, time. I am a huge fan of how they broke the movie down into three chapters.

Spoiler [+]
I don't think this movie has a happy ending. Akari marries the other guy and lives happily ever after. That last chapter deals with the distance between the two created by time. It shows how love isn't a one-way street. Although he's still hung up about her, she's moved on.

Actually it really depends on how you look at it. I got the impression that it may have ended well for the two characters.

I think that Akari marries the other guy but if you look closely @ Takaki during the last scene after the train passes, you'll notice that he has a little smirk on his face then goes on his way. It symbolizes that Takaki may have finally been able to move on by that point in time.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

laugh.gif
def not watching this anime crap

Oh YoU MaD wrote:
asian cartoon? Pass

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ dudes making a judgment on something they have yet to see.

Don't knock something unless you've seen it.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

laugh.gif
def not watching this anime crap

Oh YoU MaD wrote:
asian cartoon? Pass

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ dudes making a judgment on something they have yet to see.

Don't knock something unless you've seen it.

Back
Top Bottom