50 Cent Behind the Music

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

50 is the devil when it comes to rap music... dude #%#%%% the whole game up...
i thought ja was responsible for that post venni vetti vecci

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

pimp.gif

One of the VERY few Ns that's real...

Chuuch
dude is far from real...

50 IS one the fakest rappers ever. Dude is just a product of some record company.

Yeah...he sure was.
eyes.gif
I guess all the talk about him being shot 9 times,living in Jamaica Queens, hustling whatever he could to get by so his music had a chance to be heard...yeah..that's fake too I guess.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

pimp.gif

One of the VERY few Ns that's real...

Chuuch
dude is far from real...

50 IS one the fakest rappers ever. Dude is just a product of some record company.

There is a lot of incredibly stupid $%+# being said in this thread. This and 50 "!!+$+%% the whole game up" chief among them.

50 is the devil when it comes to rap music... dude #%#%%% the whole game up...
50 the only one who is up front about who he is and how the game is though.

I respect 50 for making power moves in hip hop and getting that paper, but that's about it.

I don't think he makes good music anymore...definitely not compared to his older material. Dude jumped on the scene with that raw street sound, but thenswitched it up and start making songs like Candy Shop and Magic Stick stripping in videos. Then when those records started to flop he goes back and startsreleasing street records again. He lost me with all that...

Show was somewhat interesting, but I didn't learn anything that new about him...kinda like the Lil Wayne Behind the Music.

50 single handedly eliminated the idea of a legitimate rap battle... u cant win unless u got more money than ur opponent... tell me im lyin

50s not a battle rapper... He doesn't make battle records... At most he'll diss someone on a song... But by no means does that make it a"battle" of any sort...

Battle is what LL & Canibus did or BDP & Juice crew... 50 was just dissing Ns... Big difference...

I agree with what Time wrote...

If 50 disses someone on a track, then they're supposed to respond. I remember on Piggy Bank when 50 said something about Jada, then my dude served him upwith Animal and Checkmate. No real response after that (lyrically from 50) but he did pull a stunt where I guess Curtis went on the radio or whatever andclaimed that he was going to influence Interscope to shelf any LOX material...like what part of the game is that? Kinda reminds me of when I used to hoop inthe neighborhood back in the day. There was one kid who was weak but he had a court in his yard, and when he would lose he'd take his ball inside and makeeveryone go home.
laugh.gif
And people really give 50 props for these kind of stunts..."oh he's a boss, he put Jada on ice or he stopped Dre from workingwith Game"

I mean as a grown man how can you respect that?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I agree with what Time wrote...

If 50 disses someone on a track, then they're supposed to respond. I remember on Piggy Bank when 50 said something about Jada, then my dude served him up with Animal and Checkmate. No real response after that (lyrically from 50) but he did pull a stunt where I guess Curtis went on the radio or whatever and claimed that he was going to influence Interscope to shelf any LOX material...like what part of the game is that? Kinda reminds me of when I used to hoop in the neighborhood back in the day. There was one kid who was weak but he had a court in his yard, and when he would lose he'd take his ball inside and make everyone go home.
laugh.gif
And people really give 50 props for these kind of stunts..."oh he's a boss, he put Jada on ice or he stopped Dre from working with Game"

I mean as a grown man how can you respect that?
Naw what happened was after Piggy Bank dropped Styles & Kiss was on Hot97 and they said they wouldn't respond to him... Blah blah, theybasically +#*%%%+ up... Said he had to much pull @ Interscope for them to diss him... The streets wasn't feelin that @#@% @ all ( Maino even threw a jab @the Lox over them backing down to 50)... Jada takes a lil time then comes back with "Checkmate"... Like a week later Kay Slay premiers "I RunNew York" which was 50s asnwer back... Basically just clowed them for not owning their publishing

Naw what happened was after Piggy Bank dropped Styles & Kiss was on Hot97 and they said they wouldn't respond to him... Blah blah, they basically +#*%%%+ up... Said he had to much pull @ Interscope for them to diss him...
I don't know about that son, I do remember reading this...
MTV: You've said that you heard about "Piggy Bank" three months before it came out. What did you think when you actually heard the song?

Jadakiss: I was laughing at it. When I heard the Beanie Sigel [dis freestyle toward Jada a couple of years ago], that hurt me way harder than when I heard "Piggy Bank." "Piggy Bank" was funny. It's on now - "shots fired"! "Shots Fired" is the name of [Jada's retaliation] song, actually. You got to cop the Styles P Time Is Money album to hear that. But there will be some warning shots fired before that.

MTV: One of the most bugged things about this whole situation is that you and 50 are actually on the same label. I've heard you say before that a lot of people at the label aren't so fond of 50.

Jadakiss: You'd be surprised. A lot of people want me to get this guy, big people inside the office that run the Interscope machine. They just can't be as verbal as they would like to be about it. That's how much of a secret society, and how political, it is. I think some of them is just plain scared of him. It's because he's selling records and he's definitely one of the top bread-earners over there.
I remember them "backing down" after being held hostage on the label but that's about it...I think you and I been down this roadbefore, but do you really declare 50 the winner in that beef?

Naw what happened was after Piggy Bank dropped Styles & Kiss was on Hot97 and they said they wouldn't respond to him... Blah blah, they basically +#*%%%+ up... Said he had to much pull @ Interscope for them to diss him...
I don't know about that son, I do remember reading this...
MTV: You've said that you heard about "Piggy Bank" three months before it came out. What did you think when you actually heard the song?

Jadakiss: I was laughing at it. When I heard the Beanie Sigel [dis freestyle toward Jada a couple of years ago], that hurt me way harder than when I heard "Piggy Bank." "Piggy Bank" was funny. It's on now - "shots fired"! "Shots Fired" is the name of [Jada's retaliation] song, actually. You got to cop the Styles P Time Is Money album to hear that. But there will be some warning shots fired before that.

MTV: One of the most bugged things about this whole situation is that you and 50 are actually on the same label. I've heard you say before that a lot of people at the label aren't so fond of 50.

Jadakiss: You'd be surprised. A lot of people want me to get this guy, big people inside the office that run the Interscope machine. They just can't be as verbal as they would like to be about it. That's how much of a secret society, and how political, it is. I think some of them is just plain scared of him. It's because he's selling records and he's definitely one of the top bread-earners over there.
I remember them "backing down" after being held hostage on the label but that's about it...I think you and I been down this road before, but do you really declare 50 the winner in that beef?

That was a few months later tho...

They orginally backed down as soon as the song dropped... Which was like 2 weeks before the album...

Then later they came back energized like they were tuff in real real life...

I forget the name of the song but Maino said somethin like

The Lox used to be my favorite... Till they copped a plea to 50
I can't believe they try compare me to 50
I done shot Ns, stabbed Ns, and you compare that to 50?
He ended up changin the lyrics on the track tho... Cause they responded...

Originally Posted by illphillip

There is a lot of incredibly stupid $%+# being said in this thread. This and 50 "!!+$+%% the whole game up" chief among them.
Starts at 3:45

Honestly, all I have to say to some people in this thread is....50 cent is the most gangsta rapper to come out in my life time. I got a ton of respect for thisman. He shut down his competition and was untouchable at one point and in a way he still is now cuz whatever people say about him his career speaks for itself,his success speaks for itself, he is literally laughing all the way to the bank. He is perhaps the last gangsta rapper to ever come out in hip hop. The futureof hiphop is soft dudes like drake, who dont get me wrong, i $$*+ with them and they're entertaining but no one is raw like that anymore.

Do Be Doo wrote:
Originally Posted by illphillip

Starts at 3:45

and rappers say they kill people all the time and never have so what is your point?

Originally Posted by ItWasWritten

Honestly, all I have to say to some people in this thread is....50 cent is the most gangsta rapper to come out in my life time. I got a ton of respect for this man. He shut down his competition and was untouchable at one point and in a way he still is now cuz whatever people say about him his career speaks for itself, his success speaks for itself, he is literally laughing all the way to the bank. He is perhaps the last gangsta rapper to ever come out in hip hop. The future of hiphop is soft dudes like drake, who dont get me wrong, i %#%% with them and they're entertaining but no one is raw like that anymore.

dude is not a gangster dude, everything about him is fake

The premiere of Behind the Music: 50Cent (Watch FULL Show Here), scored the highest BTM premiere (a 1.00 P18-49 Live + SD rating) sinceFaith Hill (7/23/00), a much bigger audience than Lil Wayne's and T.I.'s. BTM
With 1.7 million P18-49 viewers this drove VH1 to # 1 in the time period across all of cable. It delivered 2.2 million Total Viewers.

Also the VH1's 2009 Hip HopHonors (Watch the FULL show here) premiered last night far and away the best premiere ever for the franchise(a 1.52 P18-49 Live SD rating from 9-11pm), beating 2006's by +28%.

In case you missed it, you can still watch Behind TheMusic: 50 Cent here on Thisis50

Lately I respect 50 wayyyyyyyy more off the mic. He needs to find that space in between success and street cred, he has a great story,if he put it in his rhymes maybe more people would acknowledge that.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

They orginally backed down as soon as the song dropped... Which was like 2 weeks before the album...

I didn't hear the interview, but I kinda find it hard to believe that Jada and them would just come out and say they don't want it with 50when their track record shows that they'll go heads up with anyone. Jada had already had his beef with Sigel, and the whole DMX/Jay thing so I can'tsee it. I'm looking for a link, audio or something but can't find anything on that.

What is this Maino song you speak of?

Originally Posted by ItWasWritten

Honestly, all I have to say to some people in this thread is....50 cent is the most gangsta rapper to come out in my life time. I got a ton of respect for this man. He shut down his competition and was untouchable at one point and in a way he still is now cuz whatever people say about him his career speaks for itself, his success speaks for itself, he is literally laughing all the way to the bank. He is perhaps the last gangsta rapper to ever come out in hip hop. The future of hiphop is soft dudes like drake, who dont get me wrong, i %#%% with them and they're entertaining but no one is raw like that anymore.

dude is not a gangster dude, everything about him is fake
Are you kidding me?

Dude was getting busy over here in Jamaica, Queens and he had respect in the streets. Even when he was on that slump and heads over here in Queens were hatingon him, he was able to come back without NO problems. And tell me how this guy has that much pull within Interscope?

If that aint G, I dont know what else to tell you. You prolly watch too much TV and see this watered down version of 50.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I didn't hear the interview, but I kinda find it hard to believe that Jada and them would just come out and say they don't want it with 50 when their track record shows that they'll go heads up with anyone. Jada had already had his beef with Sigel, and the whole DMX/Jay thing so I can't see it. I'm looking for a link, audio or something but can't find anything on that.

What is this Maino song you speak of?

Its been so long... I'm pretty sure the Maino song was called "Troublemaker"... You'd have to find an EARLY version to hear those bars causeit was ammended after the Lox came out and stood up for themselves... It was being spun on Mix shows in NY (Clue/Kay Slay/Absolute/Enuff)... This was before heeven had a mixtape he was just that N with the buck 50 from SMACK DVD...

As far as the Lox... All I'm gonna say is they are not what they pretend to be on record... On the streets, as far as work being put in, you can't evencompare The Lox to a Beanie Sigel or a Maino... Not taking anything away from them but these Ns was under Puff since like 95/96 when they was youngns... Theyhad a deal, they didn't have to hustle they've been in the industry almost 15 years

The premiere of Behind the Music: 50 Cent (Watch FULL Show Here), scored the highest BTM premiere (a 1.00 P18-49 Live + SD rating) since Faith Hill (7/23/00), a much bigger audience than Lil Wayne's and T.I.'s. BTM
With 1.7 million P18-49 viewers this drove VH1 to # 1 in the time period across all of cable. It delivered 2.2 million Total Viewers.
pimp.gif

So much for the theory of people not being interested in 50 anymore...

Back
Top Bottom