5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween

are you saying these stereotypes dont exist? 

not sure what the outrage is here 
laugh.gif
again you really srs? 
nerd.gif

I dont see anything wrong with it, he was trying to dress as Kanye not as typical black person....people are so damb sensitive nowadays. If dude would have dressed as Pancho villa with a brown face i would be laughing if had pulled it off well.
Who are YOU to say that someone doesn't have a valid reason to get upset? When you call them sensitive, you are telling that person, "Ah, it is just a joke. You shouldn't catch feelings from that." WHo are YOU to determine that?

yes, these are all offensive stereotypes of black people which is why using blackface to dress up as the stereotypical black guy is highly offensive and racist

do you need anything else broken down and explained to you sir? 

I dont see anything wrong with it, he was trying to dress as Kanye not as typical black person....people are so damb sensitive nowadays. If dude would have dressed as Pancho villa with a brown face i would be laughing if had pulled it off well.

Just because you have no self respect for someone mocking your culture and heritage in front of you doesn't mean that someone else won't be taken aback by it. You're in no position to tell a Black person how to feel about a historically denigrating act.

Last edited:
theres a difference between a stereotype "existing" and a "stereotypical" black person

would you like to explain how the "stereotypical" black person fits into one of these "stereotypes"?

unless we're all fried chicken eatin watermelon loving magical negroes?

edit: and blackface isnt offensive merely because its a stereotype 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Just because you have no self respect for someone mocking your culture and heritage in front of you doesn't mean that someone else won't be taken aback by it. You're in no position to tell a Black person how to feel about a historically denigrating act.

You made my point.

I hate Donald Trump

Last edited:
This is a non issue. This was a legitimate attempt to recreate a celebrity with no malice or disrespect intended. People are SO quick to pull the race card.

He has on apparel that mimicks ye and is clearly not trying to play into any stereotypes.

This is a non issue. This was a legitimate attempt to recreate a celebrity with no malice or disrespect intended. People are SO quick to pull the race card.

He has on apparel that mimicks ye and is clearly not trying to play into any stereotypes.
I wonder why............
grin.gif

And how do you figure it was done with no malice or disrespect?

I feel like doing it AT ALL is done with malice and disrespect

Last edited:
There are instances where the race card is relevant, this is not one of them.

Dude is clearly not trying to degrade, misrepresent or shame our culture.

He's probably a ye fan and thought it would be cool.

Now if he just went as a "typical black dude" or "thug", we have a different conversation.

Yes, I'm well aware that dastardly, inhumane things were done in the past to belittle blacks and kill morale. While this is SIMILAR (yes I can acknowledge that) it is nowhere on the same category. I highly doubt he's trying to kill morale in present day African Americans.

theres a difference between a stereotype "existing" and a "stereotypical" black person

would you like to explain how the "stereotypical" black person fits into one of these "stereotypes"?

unless we're all fried chicken eatin watermelon loving magical negroes?
yes that is exactly how i feel about all black people 
eyes.gif

please continue to go out of your way to find things to get offended over, it leads to a happy life 

I wonder why............>D  

And how do you figure it was done with no malice or disrespect?

I feel like doing it AT ALL is done with malice and disrespect

I figured you'd be in here splitting hairs and up to your usual tricks. I don't feel like playing into your scheme and don't address me anymore in this thread.

I stay like 45 from Decatur. Im here to tell you 90% of white people down here are racist.

georgia,south carolina have alot of racist people. i used to live in south carolina and experienced racism from cops

There are instances where the race card is relevant, this is not one of them.

Dude is clearly not trying to degrade, misrepresent or shame our culture.

He's probably a ye fan and thought it would be cool.

Now if he just went as a "typical black dude" or "thug", we have a different conversation.

Yes, I'm well aware that dastardly, inhumane things were done in the past to belittle blacks and kill morale. While this is SIMILAR (yes I can acknowledge that) it is nowhere on the same category. I highly doubt he's trying to kill morale in present day African Americans.
Him having the balls to even go in black face says he doesn't respect Black people. I am not even sure how you don't see that. But we have different fundemental views on it so I will just fall back

simply explain how any of those offensive stereotypes are comparable to the everyday "stereotypical" black person

ill wait

and its not going out of my way at all

ill call that **** out 10/10 times

I figured you'd be in here splitting hairs and up to your usual tricks. I don't feel like playing into your scheme and don't address me anymore in this thread.
I am having a serious discussion. Don't play the, "Stop trolling" card when the temperature rises.

LOL @ Don't address me anymore as if you will do anything if I don't. You sound real tough

Last edited:

simply explain how any of those offensive stereotypes are comparable to the everyday "stereotypical" black person

ill wait

and its not going out of my way at all

ill call that **** out 10/10 times
a white person in black face pretending to be the "stereotypical" black person =/= this is what i think the average black person looks like and acts

do you have a hard time understanding most things or does this only happen when talking about race? 

Hey @Methodical Management please take my admin title for not being outraged and actually wanting to get more details before crying about race.

DUDES MAD BECAUSE I DONT FEEL ITS RACIST? O MY! He has an opinion.....

At the end of the day, not all black people are offended. I told my BLACK wife about it and she thought it was pretty stupid that the race card is being pulled the way it is. I'm BLACK so it's an issue with me NOT being offended? Right.

Last edited:
Hey @Methodical Management please take my admin title for not being outraged and actually wanting to get more details before crying about race.

DUDES MAD BECAUSE I DONT FEEL ITS RACIST? O MY! He has an opinion.....
What more details do you need? Someone is in black face? What context would make this acceptable? Serious question.

Nobody is saying you need to be mad. Hell, I don't think ANYONE in here is MAD. We just think it isn't right.

Back
Top Bottom