7 day DC trip: What to do?

Whats up fam...
We have just planned our family trip next year during march and will be headed up to DC (from hawaii).

12 of us total (ranging from grandparents down to younger 7 year old cousins).

We have seven days to spend and are looking to enjoy all of the culture and education DC has to offer.  What are the MUST/TO DO'S in DC?

Places like Smithsonian and Holocaust museum are a must, but any other spots?

Ps - already told the fam that I will take them to a Wizards game, so crossing my fingers they play someone good while we are out there 
roll.gif

Whats up fam...
We have just planned our family trip next year during march and will be headed up to DC (from hawaii).

12 of us total (ranging from grandparents down to younger 7 year old cousins).

We have seven days to spend and are looking to enjoy all of the culture and education DC has to offer.  What are the MUST/TO DO'S in DC?

Places like Smithsonian and Holocaust museum are a must, but any other spots?

Ps - already told the fam that I will take them to a Wizards game, so crossing my fingers they play someone good while we are out there 
roll.gif

National Mall + Museums could literally take up 5 days if you want to get through everything. There are a crazy number of museums here. Portrait Gallery is awesome, but most of them are as well.

You can also check out Ford Theater where Lincoln was shot, and the townhouse across the street where he died.

Hit up Georgetown for shopping/strolling/restaurants.

But really, museums and monuments are where it's at. That's what DC is all about re: tourism.

National Mall + Museums could literally take up 5 days if you want to get through everything. There are a crazy number of museums here. Portrait Gallery is awesome, but most of them are as well.

You can also check out Ford Theater where Lincoln was shot, and the townhouse across the street where he died.

Hit up Georgetown for shopping/strolling/restaurants.

But really, museums and monuments are where it's at. That's what DC is all about re: tourism.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

12 of us total

Ps - already told the fam that I will take them to a Wizards game
you're coppin 12 tix on your own?

12 of us total

You kindof mentioned this already, but there's sooo many museums that are all free there. And check out the Arlington cemetary, it's pretty cool. Other than that just the monuments and nice restaraunts n stuff

You kindof mentioned this already, but there's sooo many museums that are all free there. And check out the Arlington cemetary, it's pretty cool. Other than that just the monuments and nice restaraunts n stuff

better bag some shorties while youre there. But watch out for them chicks that pose and bend over a lil bit. Its an optical illusion; NO MASS.

better bag some shorties while youre there. But watch out for them chicks that pose and bend over a lil bit. Its an optical illusion; NO MASS.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

12 of us total

yeah... it will be my gift to the fam.  I'm hoping I can find lower levels for $50 given the Wizards current record and probably win-loss record come march

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

12 of us total

yeah... it will be my gift to the fam.  I'm hoping I can find lower levels for $50 given the Wizards current record and probably win-loss record come march

georgetown, adams morgan., monuments, musuems, white house, crystal city. there is a lot to do. oh yea, dont get robbed, shot, or catch a STD

georgetown, adams morgan., monuments, musuems, white house, crystal city. there is a lot to do. oh yea, dont get robbed, shot, or catch a STD

^^ is it THAT bad? I can't understand how a main tourist spot is still labelled as "murder capital" of the world?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom