8 Air Jordan Robbery Suspects On To Grand Jury.

Dear NikeTalk,

Jefferson County judge sends eight Air Jordan robbery suspects on to grand jury review
Posted by Eric Velasco -- Birmingham News January 29, 2009 5:20 PM

Armed robbery cases against seven teenagers and a 22-year-old were sent to a Jefferson County grand jury today on charges they took money from teens waiting to buy new Air Jordan shoes the morning the shoes went on sale.

District Judge Sheldon Watkins found prosecutors had enough evidence to pursue first-degree robbery charges against the defendants.

Charged are Jaron Battle, 22; Scozzard Beverly, 19; Torrey Montgomery, 19; Philiech Ansley, 19; Alex McCracklin, 18; Jadarrious Tellis, 18; and Timothy Davis, 18, all of Birmingham and Cadarius Adams, 18, of Gardendale.

The four victims -- one 17, one 18 and two 19 -- were in a line outside the Foot Locker store on Bessemer Road about 1 a.m., waiting for the store to open so they could buy the new shoes, a Birmingham police detective testified in a preliminary hearing today.

The victims said they were approached by at least eight men who got out of three vehicles, testified the detective, Orlando McCurdy. Others waiting in the line at the scene fled as the robbers approached, McCurdy testified.
http://blog.al.com/spotne...county_judge_sends_e.html

Initial article from when the robbery took place back in December:

8 suspects charged in robbing teens
Sunday, December 21, 2008

Four Birmingham teens waiting outside a store to buy new Air Jordan shoes were robbed early Saturday morning.

Police said the four male victims - a 17-year-old, an 18-year-old and two 19-year-olds - were outside the Foot Locker at 2237 Bessemer Road about 1:25 a.m., awaiting the store's 6 a.m. opening, when several armed male suspects jumped out of three cars and demanded money and other personal items.

About an hour later, police spotted three cars- a black Grand Marquis, a gold Nissan Sentra and a black Chevrolet Tahoe - matching the description of those carrying the thieves pulled into a Chevron gas station at Arkadelphia Road.

Police arrested eight males, who were found with money, weapons and other property from the victims.

The suspects are identified as Jaron Battle, 22; Scozzaro Beverly, 19; Torrey Montgomery, 19; Philiah Ansley, 19; Alex McCracklin, 18; Jadarrious Tellis, 18; and Timothy Davis, 18, all of Birmingham and Cadarrius Adams, 18, of Gardendale.

Each is being charged with four counts of first-degree robbery.

William C. Singleton III --

http://www.al.com/birming...5097736590.xml&coll=2

kapeesh?

Originally Posted by nSayne

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

Go away.....

Dear NikeTalk,

still mad because i denied you on facebook? peasant.

kapeesh?

roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Who are you Greg from The Real World? I know youain't callin' somebody a peasant when came over here from JJB. And I don't even have a Facebook fool. Go kill yaself.....

Originally Posted by nSayne

Go away.....

Dear NikeTalk,

still mad because i denied you on facebook? peasant.

kapeesh?

roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Who are you Greg from The Real World? I know you ain't callin' somebody a peasant when came over here from JJB. And I don't even have a Facebook fool. Go kill yaself.....

Dear NikeTalk,

Good one. I would have used the same excuse if I was you.

kapeesh?

when i was growing up thugs would get you for your shoes as you wore 'em. now thugs getting you before you even pay for the kicks.
smh.gif
:[
smh.gif

i actually went to college with the 1st dude(jaron) i wasnt surprised he did this seeing that after his first semester of college he started claiming blood
smh.gif

This reminds me when i was young (teen) when i use to rob people for there starter jackets.....lLOL

Back
Top Bottom