A ? For Those Who Have Waited In Crazy Weather for Jordan's

not just a question but i wanna read about stories. today will be my first wait EVER in some crappy weather something jordan-related. not camping out. justwaiting for the wristband. if you're not from oregon, you can't tell that we aren't used to snow around these parts and it's going to snowtoday.

so my question is, what experiences do you have in waiting in the snow or eff'd up weather for some j's?

i always said i'd NEVER wait in snow for sneakers. but for the price, i can't beat it.

i know people are going to shake their head at this but

i waited at my local spot for 2 hours in 20 degree weather for the white and green spiz'ikes.

i was young and stupid and thought i was gonna grow so i bought a 10 now i need a 9 or 9.5

NO ONE THANK GOD I LIVE IN MIAMI
I DONT KNOW HOW YOU GUYS CAN LIVE IN THAT TYPE OF WEATHER IS TOO COLD

Originally Posted by Jcool813

i know people are going to shake their head at this but

i waited at my local spot for 2 hours in 20 degree weather for the white and green spiz'ikes.

i was young and stupid and thought i was gonna grow so i bought a 10 now i need a 9 or 9.5
lol i used to to that. im a size 9.5 and ive have purchased shoes in size 11. to this day ill still buy shoes in either 10 or 9 eventhough 9.5fits just perfect. a 9 is too tight and a 10 is too big for some reason. i got white stealth in 9 DS tight as hell. and the hares in 10. very big shoe. itsucks though.
anyways back to your question, not yet, but itll probably be raining that night here in bakersfield, hopefully my hook up in LA gets them either tomorrow orfriday so i can cop, that way i dont have to wake up early on sat.

i waited 30 minutes a piece outside of two different shops.
i was in chicago and the weather was around 20 degrees.
mind you i wasnt planning on waiting outside because each shop opened 30 minutes late and i was wearing a very light jacket.
i hated it. plus 1 spot didnt even get the shoes and the 2nd spot sold out.
tired.gif

I waited five days for the DMP release at NTSF. I only slept there two nights and the other nights I went home. I was lucky to get the last size 11 after thefedex truck got broken into prior to the release. But now I will never camp out again for shoes because it isn't worth my time and I'd rather payextra to not wait outside. For all the young kids camping out go for it but once you get older it's not worth it.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

^they let u go home? Wouldn't u lose your spot in the line?

they probably had wristbands. sometimes i wish they did that in Jersey City.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

^they let u go home? Wouldn't u lose your spot in the line?

they probably had wristbands. sometimes i wish they did that in Jersey City.

I'm gonna wait for my pack this Friday night with my dog because my local spot only gets maybe 1 or 2 twelves each time a pack comes out. I won't missthis pack and I live in San Diego anyways. It has been raining all week though.

Anyone doing it in here in Chicago is a serious moron. its going to be cold as HELL and we're getting another snow storm, along with some bonus freezingrain.

Dont forget kids: they're shoes...

Ya they passed out wristbands and I was tenth in line. They had a checklist and would check you randomly about three or four times a day to make sure that youwere still in line and if you missed more than three checks then they would kick you out of the line. I think only one or two people missed more than threechecks. I remember this one guy who cut his wristband off and gave it to his friend because I guess he didn't want to stay in line any more but they endedup kicking both of them out of the line.

As far as the weather went, it was cold as hell and difficult to even try to sleep outside. I don't know how the homeless manage to sleep outside. Italso rained one day but we brought a tent with us and played cards inside. They told us we couldn't leave but nobody was going to check up on us duringthe middle of the night so many of us left to go home to sleep and shower and come back early in the morning before the managers came back. Oh yeah, on theday of the release this guy tried to sell us some fake concord XI's for $150 a pair and everyone was just clowning this guy. Good times.

But that's the end of my camping days. I can't imagine camping out again mostly because I'm into originals now and the retros don't interestme as much except for a few a models. Good luck to those who do camp. I'm done with that mess.

If you wait out for several days you would actually be better off working in those days and copping for extra because u end up with more $$$

i camped out over night at niketown denver for the grapes.... im from hawaii so that weather was pretty cold for me
smile.gif

for all you rooks, i would suggest doing one campout at least. sure it may suck, but you really get a sense of pride whenever you see the shoes in your closetor on your feet. the nervous feeling of the wristbands being passed out, and the great conversations you have with fellow sneaker heads and unknowing peoplepassing by are second to none.

just make sure you take lots of pics, or else your gonna regret it later when you try to explain to other friends and family later that you camped outovernight for a pair of sneakers... you gotta realize not all people scour the net to find information about kicks like us
smile.gif

posted these in the 11/12 forum, but this is the crap i was talking about
roll.gif
i hope this is the last time i'll ever have to do this.

I was on my phone and couldn't pull up the second thread. thanks for clearing that up though
haven't had the pleasure (or displeasure) of camping out though, just shown up early to pick them up
seems like it would make for a good story though lol

my niketown is indoors so no bad weather for me
smile.gif
.. we do hv to deal w/ @*$h013 police though
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom