ACA: Affordable Care Act (better known as OBAMACARE) - Enrollment Starts October 1st - You In?

Brah this is the most infuriating thing. ACA does so much good that most dudes take for granted or act like it doesn't matter. I mean there where people on TV last election talking about how they are torn about who to vote for because they are lifelong republicans but the ACA saved their life or a loved ones life :smh:

But because of a website, and these cancellations, the entire bill should be scrapped. And what should take its place..........................no answer.

Then they bring up public option knowing full well Republicans and moderates will not go for it. Just return to how things were, and kick the bucket down the road a couple more decades while people die and get financially ruined.

Yes it should be scrapped. The Obama administration knew beforehand that site would have bugs but they decided to rollout with it anyway because of possible political repercussions. Now fixing will cosr additional hundreds of millions of dollars.

The Obama administration knew beforehand that their would mass cancellations but continuing to lie to us being able to keep our insurance. So now their trying to push a bill that would delay the cancellations for one year. Pushing this fix is taking attention away from other legislative issues.

So after all these lies and deception you're still championing this trash *** bill? That defies logic.

Man shut the hell up.

Website =/= law. Please comprehend that. Enrollment is 6 months too.

The cancellation I will give a little on because you had to see that coming. But don't act like majority of American are losing their coverage like those GOP scare ads were implying.

Obama should have better leadership, I agree, but he didn't deceive anyone, he failed to acknowledge a likely scenario which would affect a very small number of people would currently had insurance.

The bill has saved lies. It is that your self centered *** refuses to support anything that doesn't directly benefit you.

People are you a the worst kind of citizens.

Can we take it from two left leaning sources then?

If you read the Affordable Care Act when it was passed, you knew that it was dishonest for President Obama to claim that “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” as he did—and continues to do—on countless occasions. And we now know that the administration knew this all along. It turns out that in an obscure report buried in a June 2010 edition of the Federal Register, administration officials predicted massive disruption of the private insurance market.

By “coverage of this issue,” Carney was referring to two articles. The first, by Chad Terhune of the Los Angeles Times, described a number of Californians who are seeing their existing plans terminated and replaced with much more expensive ones. “I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,” said one.

The second article, by Lisa Myers and Hanna Rappleye of NBC News, unearthed the aforementioned commentary in the Federal Register, and cited “four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act” as saying that “50 to 75 percent” of people who buy coverage on their own are likely to receive cancellation notices due to Obamacare.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...e-to-keep-their-health-plans-under-obamacare/

Not trying to be a a-hole, but what point are you trying to make.

Obama spoke about the Grandfather clause without acknowledging the loophole that would allow for cancellations to happen.

Insurance companies just told people, they your plan is cancelled, blame Obama, here is your new more expensive plan. No mention of you might be able to find a better deal on the exchange.

The pool of people affect is still relatively small to everyone with insurance. Which the GOP ads in my area were saying that Obama is gonna kick you off your insurance, no context, no nothing. Just that message

And I get the feeling you want to keep hammering home Obama raised cost for a lot of people. I get that. But that is all you seem to be hammering home, wouldn't change my mind that suddenly this law has to go. It has saved people's lives, both literally and financially. It will cost me more too, it is effecting my wallet. But I don't care. There is not alternative, the GOP want the poor to suck it up and go to the emergency room if **** gets real. I prefer this than what we had before. And I'm willing to pay for it.

I rather my money to **** like this, than fighting wars and subsidizing the rich. Period

Bush deceived us into two wars and I don't remember the uproar from the media. I have issues with the law but this moaning about being lied too is kinda funny in a way. Both sides deceive you on a daily basis

Bush deceived us into two wars and I don't remember the uproar from the media. I have issues with the law but this moaning about being lied too is kinda funny in a way. Both sides deceive you on a daily basis

Unless you were in grade school or just under a rock during Bush's second term I don't even see how you can make that statement. He was crucified by the media, his fellow Republicans, the public, and Democrats. He was a political pariah. When the 08 elections came around NO candidate wanted him to campaign with them or even be associated with him. His approval ratings dropped to the lowest of any President EVER.

The public doesn't like when any of their leaders blatantly lie. Democrat or Republican.

The Biggest Problem With Obamacare’s Rollout Is Being Caused Intentionally by Republicans

http://billmoyers.com/2013/11/21/th...is-being-caused-intentionally-by-republicans/

I don't know if this is 'left leaning' but Jonathan Gruber is not just an MIT Professor, but he was also the chief architect of both the Massachusetts health care reform under Romney and the ACA under Obama.

Did you even read the article? The biggest issue with Obamacare is the coverage gap, similar to the Medicaid "donut hole". The author is talking about a percentage of American who make to little to afford an Obamacare plan and not enough to get a tax subsidy. So he's blaming Republicans for not expanding Medicare to cover these newly uninsured.

Had the ACA been passed like a regular bill and not rushed so that people knew what was in it, perhaps there would not be a coverage gap to discuss now.

Good article though.

Crucified is a strong term. He was criticicized more for Katrina that straight up lying to get us to go to war. The lie itself. I was talking bout when things were happening though. Yes he was criticized after the fact. About low numbers of troops, no exit strategy, not enough armor and weapons. But not the lies that led us to the wars itself. A lot of that may have been embassasmen the media felt.

The terrible roll out has been well documented and scrutinized so much more than the roll out of the wars is what I was getting at

Did you even read the article? The biggest issue with Obamacare is the coverage gap, similar to the Medicaid "donut hole". The author is talking about a percentage of American who make to little to afford an Obamacare plan and not enough to get a tax subsidy. So he's blaming Republicans for not expanding Medicare to cover these newly uninsured.

Had the ACA been passed like a regular bill and not rushed so that people knew what was in it, perhaps there would not be a coverage gap to discuss now.

Good article though.

I read the article, never said ACA was great and always said it'll work in states that WANT it to work. By refusing the medicaid expansion these people are being left out. I live in one of the states where if you're a single person with no kids you're ineligible for medicaid regardless of income.

Good spin though.

Very good article indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be kidding me right now? There was a Congressional investigation. High level administration officials were called to testify.

It was the scandal that sunk his Presidency. Truthfully, I don't even see how you can compare the two. Apples and oranges.

Everything you are talking about is way after the fact. That's my point.

And congressional hearings? Clinton got impeached for getting a blowie! You are misremembering just how hard he was hit.

Everything you are talking about is way after the fact. That's my point.

And congressional hearings? Clinton got impeached for getting a blowie! You are misremembering just how hard he was hit.

Everything I'm talking about happened when it was discovered he had lied. An the only reason he was never impeached for lying because he was cleared of any wrongdoing in the Iraq WMD Commission Report...that he commissioned. But by then the damage was already done.

An Clinton wasn't impeached for a blowjob. It was for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Two UNFUNDED wars and UNFUNDED Medicare part D, at least this ACA is funded.

I'm still holding out hope for that single payer in my lifetime.

Unless you were in grade school or just under a rock during Bush's second term I don't even see how you can make that statement. He was crucified by the media, his fellow Republicans, the public, and Democrats. He was a political pariah. When the 08 elections came around NO candidate wanted him to campaign with them or even be associated with him. His approval ratings dropped to the lowest of any President EVER.

The public doesn't like when any of their leaders blatantly lie. Democrat or Republican.

Pretty much this.

You must have been in another dimension during the Bush years to think he didnt take heat for the Operation Freedom or pretty much everything else he did.

On another note you guys think really think the ACA is going to stay funded? How much is Medicare in the RED?

The ACA is going to have drastic consequences for healthcare in this country and not in a good way. Some components of the plan are good but all those could have been done with individual mandates, ie extending kids on their parent insurance, preexisting conditions etc.

This program is going to be so far overbudget it will be unbelievable. Just look at how much they said the website would cost vs how much has already been spent on it. The govt is beyond wasteful and has no business adopting 1/6 of the US economy

Last edited:
Pretty much this.

You must have been in another dimension during the Bush years to think he didnt take heat for the Operation Freedom or pretty much everything else he did.

On another note you guys think really think the ACA is going to stay funded? How much is Medicare in the RED?

The ACA is going to have drastic consequences for healthcare in this country and not in a good way. Some components of the plan are good but all those could have been done with individual mandates, ie extending kids on their parent insurance, preexisting conditions etc.

This program is going to be so far overbudget it will be unbelievable. Just look at how much they said the website would cost vs how much has already been spent on it. The govt is beyond wasteful and has no business adopting 1/6 of the US economy

word primary things I think that were good about ACA is 1.Kids staying on parents insurance longer (though I wish there was the ability for kids to add their parents on their insurance for situations where their parents are low income) 2.Pre Existing Conditions 3.All companies offer the option of insurance to employees.

I don't know the full details but I don't like that every HAS to get it, I believe in just people having the option. I never go to the hospital and while there could be an emergency where I may need to go I`m not trying to drop bread for something I`m never using and won't be reimbursed on because as a Single Young male thats middle class but doesn't have kids or own property it seems we get hit hardest when it comes to tax (well I should say feel the impact hardest yet aren't benefiting from any social programs)

1.Kids staying on parents insurance longer (though I wish there was the ability for kids to add their parents on their insurance for situations where their parents are low income) 2.Pre Existing Conditions 3.All companies offer the option of insurance to employees.

those are huge... everyone gets that right? ill pay more for that

my worry is that its an excuse for these crazy deductibles

does anyone have true knowledge when it comes to social security being raided by both parties? i honestly cant find a straight answer

bringing up perjury is PURE semantics

1.Kids staying on parents insurance longer (though I wish there was the ability for kids to add their parents on their insurance for situations where their parents are low income) 2.Pre Existing Conditions 3.All companies offer the option of insurance to employees.

those are huge... everyone gets that right? ill pay more for that

my worry is that its an excuse for these crazy deductibles

does anyone have true knowledge when it comes to social security being raided by both parties? i honestly cant find a straight answer

bringing up perjury is PURE semantics

when they say its a "lockbox" thats a straight out lie. they use it to provide more "goodies" to buy votes. why would a fund that have massive cash sitting in one spot let it get eroded by inflation? even if they invest it in treasuries (this method will buy the program more time), the interest they are getting now sucks cause we live in a near 0% interest rate environment.

throw in pensions and possibly 401ks in there as well

so the 401k I've been contributing to is a waste of time or are you saying the returns won't be worth it?

its locked in there for the majority of your working life. by then inflations compounding effects and their "maintenance fees" wouldve eroded most of its value. SURE your account added some 0s to it, but the extra 0s mean nothing if the purchasing power is crap

theres also a risk of confiscation to pay off the national debt.

Last edited:
its locked in there for the majority of your working life. by then inflations compounding effects and their "maintenance fees" wouldve eroded most of its value. SURE your account added some 0s to it, but the extra 0s mean nothing if the purchasing power is crap

so what do you recommend in terms of saving accounts for someone young starting out that is isn't rich?

so what do you recommend in terms of saving accounts for someone young starting out that is isn't rich?

gold, silver

I think he's saying buy gold. I personally know of no accounts offered anywhere that are backed by gold and silver.

Back
Top Bottom