Acura ILX = 2016 Refresh = Cheaper TSX Replacement Starts at $27,900

I think the world is ready for the Integra but I dont think it can be within Acura.

It'll have to compete with the 228i which starts at $32k with 240hp. Acura is going to have to undercut BMW heavily to get buyers. maybe around $28k with 230-250hp would be ideal. Less than or equal to 200hp and you got the FRS/BRZ/Miata that is rwd, I'd assume they will make the next one (if they do) a fwd.

I think Honda would be better off with a new S2000 to compete with the market.

Well I've noticed that all of these Asian car companies are turning towards the luxury design so if anything the ILX is the new integra.

Acura has been behind the curve for years now, they Still don't get it. My mom bought me my first Integra back in grade school and I loved that damn thing. Sad to see that brand go to the pasture while Lexus is on the same tier as the German luxury brands. On top of that, still can't believe Acura let the NSX fall off like that.

Yah but Acura/Honda desperately needs a sports coupe right now. They the Civic Si and Accord V6 and none in the Acura line-up other the upcoming NSX?

Toyota/Scion go their BRZ and Lexus got the RCF/LFA and Nissan still has the 370Z and GTR and on their Infiniti side many are real excited about the Q60. Even Hyundai got the Genesis Coupe and Cadillac with the ATSV/CTSV is putting Acura to shame.

Honda needs to step it up and compete.

I see what you're saying, seems they've been focusing too much on the TL and its siblings too much. When was the last time they even had a sports coupe?

Long, long ago.

The CRZ could have been a good alternative but they turned it into a hybrid. :x

I did hear that they might put the new Vtec turbo in it's next gen so that could be a start?

Long, long ago.

The CRZ could have been a good alternative but they turned it into a hybrid. :x

I did hear that they might put the new Vtec turbo in it's next gen so that could be a start?
Oh, forgot about that CRX replacement. It would be nice if they made a sport version for the gearheads.

Acura cut their own throats by pulling the plug in the integra and then stagnating their line up with the ilx tsx tl and RL. There wasn't a real and clear distinction and their cars where competing against each other. They also want to compete in the luxury sports market but their current cars are neither to sporty nor to luxurious, they are in the middle in both.

Either make them real luxurious w sport packages or send them to Honda.

However, they are very reliable ...

There are no more TSX, even though I said the ILX is the TSX replacement, Acura actually combined the TSX and TL and made the TLX.

Their car line-up right now is the ILX, TLX and then RLX. Then just the RDX and MDX in the SUV side of things.

Last edited:
As for the Integra, they just had to cut it loose as there was a decade or two there where it just wasn't selling, the whole class were struggling. The Celica, MR2, S2000, etc... weren't moving much anymore. I think only the Miata and Z survived but might be partly due not really having much competition anymore but I am not even sure if those were big sellers.

They definitely tried to go with their best sellers (Corolla, Civic, Camry, Accord, etc...) but at least Toyota is getting back to the thick of things these days. I just really hope Honda follows and the Civic Type R is exciting to see a comeback in the US.

As for the Integra, they just had to cut it loose as there was a decade or two there where it just wasn't selling, the whole class were struggling. The Celica, MR2, S2000, etc... weren't moving much anymore. I think only the Miata and Z survived but might be partly due not really having much competition anymore but I am not even sure if those were big sellers.

They definitely tried to go with their best sellers (Corolla, Civic, Camry, Accord, etc...) but at least Toyota is getting back to the thick of things these days. I just really hope Honda follows and the Civic Type R is exciting to see a comeback in the US.
I agree, there's definitely a market for these cars, I think young people are spending a lot more money on cars these days as well and a good portion of them wants a peformance vehicle.

Last edited:
There are no more TSX, even though I said the ILX is the TSX replacement, Acura actually combined the TSX and TL and made the TLX.

Their car line-up right now is the ILX, TLX and then RLX. Then just the RDX and MDX in the SUV side of things.

Yeah, TLX combines the TSX and TL.

They shoudve kept the TSX though, ILX, TSX and the TLX as their flagship sedan while eliminating the RLX. Who in their right mind would spend $60+ on an Acura is beyond me.

Acura new lineup is trash. Still plan to pick up a 2012 TL SHAWD in the near future :pimp:.

Yeah, TLX combines the TSX and TL.

They shoudve kept the TSX though, ILX, TSX and the TLX as their flagship sedan while eliminating the RLX. Who in their right mind would spend $60+ on an Acura is beyond me.
they would ... But the problem is that the way they are pricing their vehicles is stupid TL to compete with the GS, 5 series and E500 and the RL is price to compete with the LS, 7 series and S500. The problem is that their vehicles do not look remotely close to that type of luxury ....

Like who would buy a TSX when the IS is a much better looking car or the TL when the options are better looking? Only thing that I think gear people to the Acura is the cheaper maintenance and the reputation of longevity without worries. My 2 cents

they would ... But the problem is that the way they are pricing their vehicles is stupid TL to compete with the GS, 5 series and E500 and the RL is price to compete with the LS, 7 series and S500. The problem is that their vehicles do not look remotely close to that type of luxury ....

Like who would buy a TSX when the IS is a much better looking car or the TL when the options are better looking? Only thing that I think gear people to the Acura is the cheaper maintenance and the reputation of longevity without worries. My 2 cents

Partly agree to what you're saying. I believe the TLX is competitive at its price-point. But the RLX is just a bigger TLX, nothing about it exudes exclusiveness, unique elegance, superior luxury to stand on its own. It doesn't stick out whatsoever, it needs its own look, its own identity. Because for most, the TL and TLX is good enough.

Last edited:
Partly agree to what you're saying. I believe the TLX is competitive at its price-point. But the RLX is just a bigger TLX, nothing about it exudes exclusiveness, unique elegance, superior luxury to stand on its own. It doesn't stick out whatsoever, it needs its own look, its own identity. Because for most, the TL and TLX is good enough.
I agree ... I said it on an earlier post. Acura F themselves with the stagnation and no distinction between their lines.

There's no way I would buy a TL over a GS350. I would never buy a RL over a TL ...

I agree ... I said it on an earlier post. Acura F themselves with the stagnation and no distinction between their lines.

There's no way I would buy a TL over a GS350. I would never buy a RL over a TL ...

Yeah, Lexus hit it out the park with their new look. That grill in the front is tough.

I see what you guys are saying, with practically a 5 model line-up (3 cars and 2 suvs), there definitely should be more destinction between each models.

And I also agree with the RLX, I am not going to doubt any buyers interested in it but they really could do without it or drop it by $10k so that they have cars that start at $27k, $31k and then ~$42k-$43k.

If it were me though, I'd leave the ILX as it is and get rid of the I4 TLX and make the V6 standard then start it at $34k. Then put a sport coupe in the $39k-$40k range and tune that V6 and try to pull out ~310hp out of it, that way it undercuts the 328i and RC350. Hell it would destroy the C250 Coupe (starts at $39k with only ~200hp) and ATS Coupe (starts at $38k with ~270hp). Probably too good to happen though.

TLX isnt really priced like a 5 series or E though? V6 starts at $35, cant see it topping out at more than $45 OTD for a loaded AWD V6. 5 series start at like $40 something. Hell even an IS350 starts at like $42.

GS you can get used for the low $30's. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom