ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

It's probably amazing. You're making me want to go through and dig out some micro g insoles just to see for myself.

Would I dare? Thinking about it haha. Walking around it just feels awesome

I think the real question is how dare Adidas use those useless stock insoles?

I switched mine up with some old TS shoes from about 5 years ago that I just happened to have.  I think they started putting crap thin ones around the Rose 4/4.5, but I don't know because I never got a pair.  I know the 3's had thick, cushy ones.

Reviewers are too nice to Adidas about this.  If/When I do a review on shoes using these insoles, I'm absolutely slamming them.  If they're willing to sell the CLB2015's on sale with an additional 30% off like they are now, then they can easily afford to use the old high-quality insoles at the same MSRP.

I slammed in the CLBOOST 2014 review and again in the rose 5 and clb15. These are a little better in the rose 6 but still nothing.

My fault Duke, I didn't read the first two thoroughly and I didn't recall that part from the CLB 2015.  But we all know you tell it like it is.

Not singling anyone out, and I appreciate that reviewers try to help people get the best experience possible.  But the shoe companies need to be aired out for pulling moves like this.  It's insulting to consumers.

Yeah, not that I did any good, but I tried. It really makes a better performer too when they are swapped out.

I think the real question is how dare Adidas use those useless stock insoles?

I switched mine up with some old TS shoes from about 5 years ago that I just happened to have.  I think they started putting crap thin ones around the Rose 4/4.5, but I don't know because I never got a pair.  I know the 3's had thick, cushy ones.

Reviewers are too nice to Adidas about this.  If/When I do a review on shoes using these insoles, I'm absolutely slamming them.  If they're willing to sell the CLB2015's on sale with an additional 30% off like they are now, then they can easily afford to use the old high-quality insoles at the same MSRP.
Deezy -- did you go .5 down or TTS in the CLB 15?  The .5 down + insole swap has worked well space-wise, but they are just a little too short for my liking, wondering how bad TTS would be

@iks mod

Wow and here I was about to order another pair .5 down with that code that expired. 

I went "TTS" and it's perfectly fine.  My favorite colorway (Nations) popped up on ebay a while back in my TTS from a random seller, so I scooped them.  I thought they would remain an Asia exclusive so I jumped on them.

I switched with an older Adidas insole as mentioned and I haven't had any issues at all.  I might lean towards .5 down if I wasn't going to switch insoles.

The shoe itself looks great and I dig it a lot, but it's a bit too minimal for me.  I'd like a thicker tongue and maybe more reinforcement at the toe box.  I had some serious pain after playing from lacing them too tight.  It's such a fun shoe to play in though.

As an aside, I need to get away from thinking TTS and .5 for me personally.  It seems like half of my shoes are 10 and the other half are 9.5.  So who is to say that my true size is 9.5 and I go .5 up or my true size is 10 and I go .5 down.  I think you can definitely relate.

@DeezyVSOP2

I can definitely relate on that sizing point -- I too feel that maybe I need to start calling my "true size" something in between the 11 and 11.5 that I so commonly struggle to choose between

Also -- I definitely agree on this shoe being a little too minimal.  It can be played in, but I prefer something with a more rigid upper.  I've actually switched to using these more for just light shootarounds before working out.  Great shoe for that IMO

Thinking when all is said and done I will grab one more colorway of these to make it 2 total for me.  Loving my Rubio pair with the techfit strap

Heel boost is great, you can really feel it if you land hard or anything on your heels.  If these had boost in the forefoot, I would never hesitate to wear them. With better insoles, the forefoot is fine, but if it had boost these would have been my favorite shoes of 2015.....

Anybody know if these are going to be on miAdidas? Cause damn I'd love to customize a pair haha like the white Lin color way is Fire. Hoping those release if anything.

How Adidas handles their releases puzzles me, we still haven't gotten any mid versions of the CL Boost here in the states if ever.

And how they are under utilizing Harden so far(no CL PE's released to public yet) doesn't help their margins either imo.

The mids are Europe/Asia exclusives pretty much. I'm disappointed they didn't release the Lin PE here (I understand he's not on the team but they still could have released them). I mean they released the Exum PE knowing he's done out for the season with ACL injury. That's kinda the same thing ha.

Harden PEs might see later down the road release like how they release the Gauntlet Lillards. Maybe they'll release a QS shoe when Harden wins MVP or Scoring Champ but doesn't look like it at this point :lol:. Maybe QS on Christmas at least? Expect the unexpected from adidas.

View media item 1811367Not 100% sure but that's my guess it's these
View media item 1811379

Maybe nothing Harden wears will get a release until his signature comes out.

For me, the CLB 2015 would have been GREAT with full length boost and a thicker tongue.  As it is, it's a good shoe, but not at that GOAT level and it easily could have been.  Hopefully they make something with primeknit, full length boost and effective traction.  The Rose 6 just didn't do it for me.

Maybe nothing Harden wears will get a release until his signature comes out.

For me, the CLB 2015 would have been GREAT with full length boost and a thicker tongue.  As it is, it's a good shoe, but not at that GOAT level and it easily could have been.  Hopefully they make something with primeknit, full length boost and effective traction.  The Rose 6 just didn't do it for me.

That's all I'm looking for from adidas. A low top with full length boost, primeknit and good traction. Hopefully they do it in the form of a crazylight

Back
Top Bottom