ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Just curious do any of yall ball exclusively in boost or do yall like variety or have a rotation?

Last edited:
DoghyxiV4AAsRVY.jpg:large

Just curious do any of yall ball exclusively in boost or do yall like variety or have a rotation?

I play in a variety but find myself gravitating mostly to shoes with boost or zoom. I need good cushioning for my older knees and back and prefer good court feel. Zoom and boost seem to meet those needs more regularly than other options.

I would hope so Duke since you're a pro reviewer. :rofl: On a serious note, hope you're finger heals quickly without serious nerve damage.

Variety, but I tend to go back to Boost, my 2016 Crazy Explosive Lows specifically, since they just feel so nice.

I just grabbed a pair of the neoprene CE16 lows last month for cheap at Burlington. May be the best lowtop in years. Fit, cushion, solid outsole for traction, it’s just a soood overall shoe. Can’t believe I waited this long.

I just grabbed a pair of the neoprene CE16 lows last month for cheap at Burlington. May be the best lowtop in years. Fit, cushion, solid outsole for traction, it’s just a soood overall shoe. Can’t believe I waited this long.
Just copped a pair also, can't wait!

I'd cop BYW LVL X if they fixed the heel outsole. Ainno way I'm paying $200 for traction that shreds in a couple weeks.

Usually boost, but I like zoom shoes too if you can actually feel the zoom. Half the zoom shoes out there can't be felt to the point where they might as well shouldn't have bothered to put it in. I'm looking to get those Lebron 16s.

All the other cushions- bounce, charged, air, hovr, react(in bball shoes), lunarlon- they don't do it for me. Especially lunarlon. That crap starts off meh then goes completely dead in like 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I haven't found a pair of boost basketball shoes that I LOVE but I run in boost shoes daily. Ultraboost STs. I think if I was younger I'd appreciate boost more but I need that out of the box bounce that zoom often provides. I just bought a pair of Crazylight Boost 2016s though for $50 off ebay so I'm going to give those another try.

thats the second player they've made PEs for that's a free agent then... is adidas not aware on whose contracted or not? :lol:

Not surprised. Adidas dropping the ball on their basketball line.
The designs have been horrible. And looks like they've moved away from Boost for Bounce for their non-signature lines.
Are Harden and Dame the only players with a signature adidas shoe?
They need to bring back Boost to Dame shoes. I know he said he wants the shoes to be affordable, but I have a suspicion he's only saying that because Adidas wants him to lead the Bounce tech (e.g. him promoting the AlphaBounces)

give wall a sig shoe

they got lots of young talent, donovan mitchell and jaylen brown are players they need to take care of

wiggins was a probably a disappointment in their expectation but he did get Walls leftovers and was never a focus anyways but those others has real potential and they'll give the brand plenty of post-season exposure in the coming years

embiid is a bigger loss just because dude is always out there in the media and center of attention, wiggins seems to have a personality of kawhi :lol:

Wiggins is a bust so far in my opinion, especially for being a #1 pick. He never really got to be "the man" with KAT coming in and then Butler, and then dealing with the coaching changes and all that, but still.

If you could redo the 2014 draft based on what we know now, I don't even know if he goes top 5. Embiid, Jokic, Jusuf Nurkic, Capela, Marcus Smart, Julius Randle. You could make a real argument for taking all of those guys ahead of Wiggins. And this is coming from a Kansas bball fan and someone who wants Wiggins to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom