ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Looking forward to reviews on the explosive. I know this is said all the time... But I've dialed back the pick ups tremendously and planning to only get either the CL 16 or crazy explosive. 1 of the 2 is good for me

Crazy explosive solar red pre-order up on ADC

Would probably advise waiting it out unless saving some $ is not an issue for you
I haven't really messed with adidas bball before, is this the general consensus? I am very very interested in these but would moreso like to try on a pair in the store first...and do you think these would hit clearance/sale? I'd rather get the deal but just don't want to miss out.

I haven't really messed with adidas bball before, is this the general consensus? I am very very interested in these but would moreso like to try on a pair in the store first...and do you think these would hit clearance/sale? I'd rather get the deal but just don't want to miss out.
Since about 3-4 yrs ago I hadn't messed with Adidas in a while since I was a young hooper, but then I went back and realized what I was missing out particularly with the D Rose line.

You will definitely be able to try these on first, Adi models typically do not clear out, only maybe (maybe) in certain colorways.  These will be around.  I definitely recommend giving Adidas models a try though, glad I did once again

Since about 3-4 yrs ago I hadn't messed with Adidas in a while since I was a young hooper, but then I went back and realized what I was missing out particularly with the D Rose line.

You will definitely be able to try these on first, Adi models typically do not clear out, only maybe (maybe) in certain colorways.  These will be around.  I definitely recommend giving Adidas models a try though, glad I did once again
Ah thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I actually was turned off to adidas bball after I hated my drose 3.0 

However lately it's been looking good and now there is a lot of nice tech in the shoes. 

And these crazy explosives.....look like they could be trouble (me grabbing a few pairs for the court AND for casual)

^They could be trouble...  I'm definitely ready to try a pair.  Was hoping they'd release a little sooner because I have a coupon to use haha... but discounts will come I'm sure

The Ultraboost BB low huh?  Come on Modells.  Just making crap up now.

You can actually search for Crazylight and they won't even show up haha.

So I copped the triple white CLB 16's on Thursday, I'm normally a 10.5, but I had to go up half a size because of my wide feet. I ran in them for the first time last night and I have a couple of thoughts.

-I experienced a little bit of heel slip midway through my first game but I solved the problem by lacing up a little bit tighter
-Lock down is on point, after tightening up my laces I didnt have to worry about my foot moving around in the shoe anymore
-The full length boost is straight from the gods, my feet are usually killing me after the first game when I'm in my regular hoop shoes (Kobe 8's). But in the CLB's my feet were fresh and I felt like I could play another game almost immediately.
-The court I played on was slippery and dusty, but the traction held up. No slipping or anything like that
-I did notice some creasing in the jacquard, but it creases in the areas where Adidas has reinforced the upper, so I'm not worried about durability issues

Overall the CLB's are a great shoe to hoop in and I'm already looking forward to the next time I play in them.

So I copped the triple white CLB 16's on Thursday, I'm normally a 10.5, but I had to go up half a size because of my wide feet. I ran in them for the first time last night and I have a couple of thoughts.

-I experienced a little bit of heel slip midway through my first game but I solved the problem by lacing up a little bit tighter
-Lock down is on point, after tightening up my laces I didnt have to worry about my foot moving around in the shoe anymore
-The full length boost is straight from the gods, my feet are usually killing me after the first game when I'm in my regular hoop shoes (Kobe 8's). But in the CLB's my feet were fresh and I felt like I could play another game almost immediately.
-The court I played on was slippery and dusty, but the traction held up. No slipping or anything like that
-I did notice some creasing in the jacquard, but it creases in the areas where Adidas has reinforced the upper, so I'm not worried about durability issues

Overall the CLB's are a great shoe to hoop in and I'm already looking forward to the next time I play in them.
First Thanks for the Review, Repped! i myself is excited to ball in my pair when it arrive from US

Second you are the first person I ever heard sizing up in the CLB16, you must have pretty wide feet!

right now im playing with 

Top1 Soldier 9

Top2 Jordan M11

Top3 Jordan M10

Have you played with those shoes before? can you compare them

First Thanks for the Review, Repped! i myself is excited to ball in my pair when it arrive from US

Second you are the first person I ever heard sizing up in the CLB16, you must have pretty wide feet!

right now im playing with 
Top1 Soldier 9
Top2 Jordan M11
Top3 Jordan M10

Have you played with those shoes before? can you compare them

Yup, every hoop shoe I've ever bought and played in I've had to go a half size up due to my wide feet

I haven't played in any of the shoes you mentioned. I own and have played in the Lebron 9's which I used primarily for outdoor games

Comparing the CLB's to the Lebron 9's though, I would give the CLB an edge in every category.

Last edited:
Yup, every hoop shoe I've ever bought and played in I've had to go a half size up due to my wide feet
I haven't played in any of the shoes you mentioned. I own and have played in the Lebron 9's which I used primarily for outdoor games
Comparing the CLB's to the Lebron 9's though, I would give the CLB an edge in every category.
Wow! CLB16 edge in every category makes me excited for my pair! thanks bro once I receive mine ill share my review too

ill play for a week and wore it casually too to fully break in the shoes

You guys are making me wish I had tried a pair. The Boost on my Rose 6 ended becoming hard in the forefoot so I've had a fear of Boost ever since. They started off amazing but deadened out recently after 6 mons of play. That, combined with the heel slip I experienced when trying them on in store, caused me to pass. I ended up going with the 2k4 and freaking love those because they're so much like the OGs (unlike the 2012 ones). Once these drop low enough in price maybe

Got two hours in with the Liberties colorway, so got some initial thoughts.  This is NOT a full on review.  People seem to take initial feedback and just run with it.

For sizing, went with the same as Rose 6, Lillard 1 and 2 and they're perfect.  Reference:

10 in Kobe 8/9/10, Jordan XX9, CF Drive, KD 8

9.5 in Lillard 1/2, Rose 6, Curry 1, J Crossover 2

Recently 9.5 has been my true size in Adidas basketball, so I can't really say go .5 down if you KNOW what your Adidas size is.

I like them so far.

Heel slip in my left shoe, not really in my right.  Had to lace them tight to lock em down and the lace pressure could be an issue for some.  I threw a thick ankle sleeve on my left ankle (Zamst FA-1) and the heel slip went away.  I also tried lacing them without using the plastic wing eyelet to make them tighter, but my foot got too numb.

Boost is softer in the heel/midfoot and firmer/thinner in the forefoot.  No surprise there.  Good responsiveness, but impact protection wasn't quite as good as I hoped.  We'll see how that goes.  Transition and court feel were both good.

Traction is great when wiped, but where I play is well maintained.

You guys are making me wish I had tried a pair. The Boost on my Rose 6 ended becoming hard in the forefoot so I've had a fear of Boost ever since. They started off amazing but deadened out recently after 6 mons of play. That, combined with the heel slip I experienced when trying them on in store, caused me to pass. I ended up going with the 2k4 and freaking love those because they're so much like the OGs (unlike the 2012 ones). Once these drop low enough in price maybe
Can I ask how frequently you played in the Rose 6?  Six months seems reasonable if you played in them a lot.  I keep track by games, not length of time and regardless of the brand, cushioning is almost always the first thing to go.
How would you guys compare these performance wise to the Kobe 11 and KD 9's?
Haven't played in either, but if the Kobe 11 is similar to the Kobe 10, which I think it is, I would take the Boost 16 any day.  The Kobe 10 elite low felt clunky underfoot and the shoe didn't form to my foot very well.  Transition was below average to me.  I'd say the Boost 16 is much more similar to the 9 in terms of how they feel underfoot, support, transition, etc.

maybe these early reviews with the boost in the CL16 are coming in too early. I get the initial thoughts but they say boost has to be broken in just like any other shoe to fully get the benefit. I know the DR6 (and runners) have that step in comfort out the box so hopefully reviews pop up soon saying the forefoot boost softens up. that's the only thing holding me back.

I never experienced shin splints til I played in lebron's and I need that forefoot mushiness. I need the white and burgundy pair I saw in a video of the CL16 
nthat.gif

Can I ask how frequently you played in the Rose 6?  Six months seems reasonable if you played in them a lot.  I keep track by games, not length of time and regardless of the brand, cushioning is almost always the first thing to go.

Played twice a week for an average of 2 hours every time I played. The heel boost is still ok, but the forefoot just feels like a brick. Idk if it's just coincidence, but I also suffered my first achiles strain in the Rose 6. The traction also got chewed and is smooth now because I played with them on both carpet floor and regular courts. The 2k4 on the other hand, while it doesn't offer as much cushioning (in size anyway) as the Rose 6, it feels more responsive and actually has a feel to it (even my OGs from 2004 still have cushioning left). I guess I expected the Boost to last "forever" (and by forever I mean no lose as much feeling as mine did) since that was one of the claims of it when they first dropped it. I'm fine with drop in cushioning height, I experience that in ANY shoe, but it's just the feel of the Rose 6 is just hard up front, almost like it feels like just any other shoe with random foam and not BOOST foam.

One thing to note, I did not experience this really in the first pair of Rose 6s I had. I had the White/Grey colorway to start, and they were perfect (lockdown, sizing, Boost, everything) and then they somehow ripped or split open at the bottom of the shoe in the forefoot (like someone had taken a knife and cut them). I ended going through 2 more pairs of Rose 6s, the first one being the glow-in-the-dark colorways. The Boost in those actually felt more amazing than my current ones out of the box, but unfortunately they were too small so I had to exchange them for the Black Red colorway. What's interesting is, out of the box, the glow in the darks felt soft, spongy, and bouncy at the same time. The next pair I had (Black and Red), the Boost was literally so hard that my knees were stiff after one game of play. I gave it a week and the Boost actually got HARDER. I got an exchange from Adidas themselves, and the new Black Red pair I received were much better, but the Boost was never at the level of soft/sponginess as the glow-in-the-darks. I actually wonder if my current experience would've been different had I stuck with that colorway, but I was limited to sizes, colorways, etc to be able to exchange for new pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom