ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Lol SneakerNews, "Soul Collectors" writers are lazy and dont give credit to the people they steal info from. Plus they are a platform for Nike and JB as in obviously endorsed by those companies. Weartesters and KicksonFire is more reliable and not just a bunch of click baits of Yeezy/Khalid BS.

Last edited:
^^^ Thank you sir. And we try to confirm with designers or PR before we publish to make sure we don't show our *****.

love the clb more and more i play in them
Yeah they've grown on me too the more I've worn them. I've put about 20 more hours in mine and they're fitting better , heel much more secure and the upper is broken in now. I brought them with me to play some pickup game vs coworkers at this park and I was kind of surprised the traction wasn't that great on concrete, I usually never slip playing outdoors but I had a few times where I tried to change direction on defense and they didn't have the stopping power I expected. NBD because I wasn't planning on playing outdoors in them anyway it was just the only shoe I had in my bag those days.

How's the fitting on CLB 16? Tryin to cop a pair online since I live in Vietnam and they don't carry these.
I wear a 13 in Curry 2's and a 12 in CLB 2015.

Last edited:
How's the fitting on CLB 16? Tryin to cop a pair online since I live in Vietnam and they don't carry these.
lol bruh the fitting is discussed on every page in here :smh:

but seeing tht u live in vietnam.... go .5 down

Last edited:
I would .5 down too, but a 13 in the Curry 2 and a 12 in the Boost 2015?  Hard to say .5 down from what.  I wore the same size in both of those shoes.

I'd go with a 12 if the Boost 2015 fits well.

i just bought the ghost pepper. went TTS. since it's for casual wear. hope it ships today.

Man, I am a size 10 TTS.

I have the CE and luckily they fit my TTS. I also bought CLB 16 and went with 9.5 since I hear it runs quite long. While it does seem comfy for me at that size, I hate that even at .5 down, I still have extra space in the toe box and I can still feel heel slippage. This is still after tightening it as much as I could. I feel like the plastic part in the top 2 lace loops are keeping my laces from getting a good fit.

That's why I decided to return it and ordered a size 9. It might arrive today. Hoping going down a full size from my TTS fixes the heel slippage I was getting.

So I just received my size 9 CLB 2016. My true size is 10.

The box it arrived in was pretty banged up but the shoe is fine otherwise.

Here it is beside the CE.

As opposed to the 9.5 that I returned, this one fits just right.

What I noticed is even though my feet fits perfectly, I am still getting heel slippage. I still think that it's because the plastic laceloop protectors are keeping the shoe from hugging my feet to form a nice fit.

That is why I decided to follow what I read someone suggested and laced the top two loops from the outside in. Which luckily enough, eliminated the heel slippage I kept having.

While I did have to go a full size below my true size, I suggest you start safe with a half size down first and doing the reverse lace for the top 2 lace loops.

Got my "Liberty" CLB16 I went with my normal UK sizing number which I have been using instead of the US sizing. And it fits perfectly. Its for casual wear and yes I get some heel slippage but I also dont lace them tight. Loving the shoe and cushioning. Its not squishy and cloud-like the Rose 6 and Ultraboost but Iits still better than anything out there. Still waiting on the Black/Purple/Teal CW to hit North America and the Prime Knit version I saw Nightwing reviewed. Not sure if I should double up on both Penny 2 and Lebron 12 ASG i got and still see on ebay for low.

I don't remember the rules about live auctions, so I'll say that there is a seller with the black, the red, and the blue neoprene Explosives for 69.95 on the Bay. Pretty easy to find if you search them. Couldn't pass at that price, hope they're legit. Seller has 100% feedback so I've got high hopes.

Has anyone actually seen the CEs in-store? I want to try them on before buying online but it's just not carried in my area.

Even the DRose 7, Adidas store only has the grey and they didn't even have any sizes close to mine so I couldn't even try a pair on.

Does it cost Adidas too much to have a bigger distribution that they cheap out on sending pairs to stores?

And it's not like I am in the middle of nowhere, I am located in the greater los angeles area :lol:

RFX45 - i talked to a regional foot locker manager and he said it isn't really adidas, it's more the stores. Traditionally adidas basketball doesn't sell so they don't carry them. If enough people go asking and walk out empty handed, then the Foot stores have to listen. But given a choice of retro jordan/hybrid that the hype beasts wear or an adidas shoe that will get clearances out, they pick JB/Nike. Although with the ultra/nmd/pure and tubular success, it's starting to change.

Dck's Sporting Goods don't carry the Rose 7 in-store either. At least they have free returns so if they want us to try them on that way and return then they leave us with no choice.

RFX45 - i talked to a regional foot locker manager and he said it isn't really adidas, it's more the stores. Traditionally adidas basketball doesn't sell so they don't carry them. If enough people go asking and walk out empty handed, then the Foot stores have to listen. But given a choice of retro jordan/hybrid that the hype beasts wear or an adidas shoe that will get clearances out, they pick JB/Nike. Although with the ultra/nmd/pure and tubular success, it's starting to change.

That sucks and hopefully it does change but it does seem like they aren't too eager to move Adidas, Lillard 2s are still retail on the shelves and Lillard 1s leftover still only on like $10-$20 discount.

But what are their excuses on Adidas stores themselves? I visited 3 in my area and they only received Harden CLBs and grey DRose 7s both in very few sizes. You'd figure the'd at least send pairs on their own stores for their own products. Every time I go, I ask if they have more colorways of the CLB16's coming in the future and they always say they don't know but when I ask if I am the only one asking for it they always say many asks for it but they just do not get them. Instead they have a bunch of unsold uncaged UBs sitting along with Superstars and other original shoes that isn't moving.

Just sucks that Adidas offers great performance at a great price but there's just nowhere to try them on. I'd probably have a pair of each CLB, DRose and CE if they just had it in-store by me (well in a colorway where it won't get dirty too quick).

Let us know how it goes.

Brothers so my CLB16 that I bought from Eastbay arrived after going to Germany first then to Dubai, took them 12 days :frown:

and I'm so sad about my pair because it's very long and I got around 1.25 inch of dead space on the Toe which surely give me some Heel Slip

Tried it in the office and I got heel slip right away.

I got 9US for the CLB16

I wore 10US on J1, Soldier, Lebron, Kobe

I wore 9.5US on J Retros

So im 9.5US TTS but wide footed 

Now Im selling it and hoping someone will buy it here in Dubai, problem is returning is difficult living overseas.

I think CLB16 is not for me

I'll wait for the review of Explosive and Rose 7 instead
You have one weird foot. Your sizing is all over the place. Just stick with the UK size for all brands and wear it. It will eventually conform to your foot. Ive had shoes when I first bought it felt they were 0.5 too big but after wearing it multiple times NOT just 1 or 2 wears they eventually fitted better and fits perfect. Other than that double sock if you are playing basketball in them.

greys out of my size :x :smh:

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Last edited:
I got the red CE to test out sizing and return because I had a gift card balance that I can pay the discounted price and not have to pay out the pocket. Hope the sale lasts for a week so I can repeat the process with the Rose 7 lol. they don't have my size.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom