ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

View media item 2198672
My Black PK CEs finally came in after ordering Monday. I think I received a good pair. The cushion is definitely softer than the CLB 16s I had. It's a little denser around the ball of my foot but bouncy around the toes. It feels great just walking around in them. I'll see how they perform Sunday but so far so good.

Gonna try for a pair of the ce. Somebody mentioned that there's more cushion in the heel than the forefoot? I think that's what I need. Had a pretty bad heel injury coming down from a jump in the xx9 lows.

Nightwing said in their Lillard 3 trash talk that his white CE feels firmer in the forefoot and not as nice. Seems like its not just a preference thing. This is the first time Ive heard so much inconsistency in a ball shoe. I guess if you're stocking up on this shoe, you might want to try each pair on before throwing em in the closet.

Last edited:
inconsistency just seems like Adidas' thing, from sizing to heel slips to boost feel?

I think heel slip depends on each persons foot so I wouldn't call that an inconsistency but the boost being different on different pairs, yeah... not good

Last edited:
Nightwing said in their Lillard 3 trash talk that his white CE feels firmer in the forefoot and not as nice. Seems like its not just a preference thing. This is the first time Ive heard so much inconsistency in a ball shoe. I guess if you're stocking up on this shoe, you might want to try each pair on before throwing em in the closet.
My heels to feel almost higher. I don't notice it once I start playing and the cushioning has been on point in a week of play

Edit: this was supposed to be at BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that. I balled in my white primeknit CE's this Friday. After hearing all the ruckus about the cushioning being ultraboost like, or at least much softer than the CLB's, I was really disappointed. The boost didn't much much different to me at all. 

I'm interested to see if the plusher feeling of the early CE colorways was actually a manufacturing defect instead of a feature. It would make more sense for all the 2016 full length boost setups to feel the same IMHO, even tho I would have loved for the CE's to actually be softer. We;ll see going forward with the newer colorways.

I really want to try the all red PK now. If anyone has a link to a size 11.5 for the low, link me and I'll try to post a comparison when they get to me.

Thanks for posting that. I balled in my white primeknit CE's this Friday. After hearing all the ruckus about the cushioning being ultraboost like, or at least much softer than the CLB's, I was really disappointed. The boost didn't much much different to me at all. 

I'm interested to see if the plusher feeling of the early CE colorways was actually a manufacturing defect instead of a feature. It would make more sense for all the 2016 full length boost setups to feel the same IMHO, even tho I would have loved for the CE's to actually be softer. We;ll see going forward with the newer colorways.

I really want to try the all red PK now. If anyone has a link to a size 11.5 for the low, link me and I'll try to post a comparison when they get to me.
I tried on the Wiggins Home CW in my local Champs, they felt plush in the heel and little bit firmer in the forefoot. When I went to a local adidas tent sale, they had around 6-7 pairs of Rose 6's in my size. I made sure to try a few on since I had heard that the boost can at times be inconsistent which was the case, about 2 pairs had uneven boot as in one side was a bit firmer than the other side. Next time I'll try on a pair of all whites since Foot Locker has them in and compare.

adidas should definitely categorize their boost because it's just misleading at times, CE's don't feel like CL or Rose model etc

I finally played a bit in the CEs. Here's very opinionated my take lol

Pros: 

They're very comfy

The boost in my pair felt fine, not overly bouncy but not too firm either. They were low to the ground but I still felt that there was impact protection.

Fit was good.

Cons:

They were very warm and my feet started sweating as soon as I put them on lol.

A tad bit heavy.

I tend to play in lows and more minimal shoes so I'm kind of torn on these. Even though the upper is primeknit, the inner sleeve and padding makes them feel very supportive just a little bit more restrictive than I'd like.  These are a weird mix of a big man supportive upper but a responsive guard-like midsole outsole. I'd probably prefer the lows a bit more. These felt like nimble UGGs boots lol.

I think if you're a fan of supportive shoes like Lebrons, you should give these a try.

That probably didn't help lol. 

Nightwing got a pair back in June. I sure hope that wasn't just a sample.
He mentioned it was just a sample. From the lack of news regarding the primeknit version of the shoe, it's a possibility they might not release it. Which is sad because it seems like that PK version is what would make CLB perfect.

View media item 2201699Played 5 games in these now and the boost feels as though it has broken in and feels bouncier like an ultraboost. I can see why people are comparing the 2. I think the boost just needs a bit of time to activate properly. To those that have tried them on and think the boost is not great, it does get better after you have worn them a few times.

If my dlil 2 bounce don't fit well, and I suspect they won't since they look a tad narrow and literally the only one piece booty shoe that's for me well was the CE, then I'll probably give the CEs a run. I need a second shoe for my rotation and it's such a PITA to find a properly fitting shoe for me, I'd rather compromise on cushion. My hd flyknits are going back due to fitment (but damn, talk about awesome cushion..)

If my dlil 2 bounce don't fit well, and I suspect they won't since they look a tad narrow and literally the only one piece booty shoe that's for me well was the CE, then I'll probably give the CEs a run. I need a second shoe for my rotation and it's such a PITA to find a properly fitting shoe for me, I'd rather compromise on cushion. My hd flyknits are going back due to fitment (but damn, talk about awesome cushion..)
Did you go .5 down in the HD flyknits? I finally did now I'm all in. The cushion feels even better in the correct size.

No, my true size fits small width and height wise. The one piece construction just pinches me in multiple places and I experience heel slippage.. but I can't size down since it's already too tight. Shoe just doesn't work for me unfortunately because I think they're awesome in all other ways. I'm done with one piece uppers from nike, not a single one fits me right! Fitment on the CE I nice for me, just hesitant due to cushion.

Last edited:
No, my true size fits small width and height wise. The one piece construction just pinches me in multiple places and I experience heel slippage.. but I can't size down since it's already too tight. Shoe just doesn't work for me unfortunately because I think they're awesome in all other ways. I'm done with one piece uppers from nike, not a single one fits me right! Fitment on the CE I nice for me, just hesitant due to cushion.
Just wondering what a fitment is. Are you saying the fit?

Think that was auto correct. Yes, the fit. CE despite being one piece upper fits my apparently odd shaped foot nicely. The only one piece upper I've come across that does. Most adidas are too narrow, and nikes are too short height wise.

I'm excited for the CE Low's but to be honest, I'm a little worried as to how they plan on handling heel slippage. The top eyelet on the CE's really locks you in place.

I can see that they put the same amount of eyelets for the lows (4), but the placement is obviously different. With the heel boost being so thick and chunky (more so than the 2016 CLB's ?), the heel lock down will have to be really effective in order to avoid any slippage imho. Since I already have some slippage on the CLB's, I'm not very hopeful for these. I really want them to work tho. Looking forward to trying a pair on court.

Back
Top Bottom