ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Different strokes for different folks. All depends on what your needs/wants are in a performance basketball shoe.
Courtfeel, lightweight - AD
Cushion, support - HD or CE

Getting a bit old in age haha, so generally looking for a bit more impact protection but also with court feel. Been a Nike man all my life, but having tried on the CE.. man they're comfortable. I need to check out the HD.

The NXT's are still expensive in my neck of the woods and i'm not too sure the lock-down is adequate with the shroud setup.

Getting a bit old in age haha, so generally looking for a bit more impact protection but also with court feel. Been a Nike man all my life, but having tried on the CE.. man they're comfortable. I need to check out the HD.

The NXT's are still expensive in my neck of the woods and i'm not too sure the lock-down is adequate with the shroud setup.

I'd say CE17s have the best cushioning

Hyperdunk 17s are more firm

A good blend of cushion would be the Harden vol 1s. Try them on if you can, sizing is a bit funny. Also keep an eye out on these new Kobe AD mids

What's better for overall performance?

Kobe AD NXT, Hyperdunk Flyknit or the CE17

I would say CE17 or HD16. Stay away from the HD17 for impact protection. The 16 was near perfect blend of court feel and cushioning for me.

I'd say CE17s have the best cushioning

Hyperdunk 17s are more firm

A good blend of cushion would be the Harden vol 1s. Try them on if you can, sizing is a bit funny. Also keep an eye out on these new Kobe AD mids

I would say CE17 or HD16. Stay away from the HD17 for impact protection. The 16 was near perfect blend of court feel and cushioning for me.

Thanks guys.

I did try the CE17 PK and they felt really snug and a 1-1 to fit. Coming from Nike the past 16yrs it's tough haha. I feel the CE17 are more 'fine-tuned' than the HD17 FK.

That said I did try the NXT's and were impressed with the overall fit and lockdown. These remind of the Kobe 8's which I love.

If you want elite traction, response, lateral stability, and adequate impact protection: 2017 FK HD

If you want elite impact protection, cushion, lock down and better durability of the 3: 2017 PK CE. This shoe also plays the hottest of the 3 (it really is a sweater on your feet).

I haven't tried the KOBE NXT but all my friends hated the lacing system/cushion set up so it was an easy pass for me.

Last edited:
Softer than CE's? Feel like they are the most robust cushion out right now. The LS will be less stable and more minimal feel. Def lighter.
yeah I wanted a more minimal feel and lighter ride but to me (could be just my pair) there was no bounce or mushy feeling, it was pretty firm though the impact protection was off the charts. Will try the 17 CEs one of these days though.

So I tried the Harden LS on the court and they didn't really feel like a true upgrade. It's a lil bit more comfy than the CEs and look better but performance wise, CEs beat them. Kinda feel ashamed now that I even thought about replacing them but going to be the CEs until the 18s come out :lol:

Having tried the Rose 7, CE '16, '17 FK HD recently, the PK CE '17 is definitely a more complete package. It's what this generation'e Jordan performance line (28, 29, 30, 31) should have been.

Got my Grey CE17s today. They fit really well, went with an 11 which is the same as I have in the CLB. The fit is a lot better than the CLB, which I had to go down 1/2 a size but I still had about an inch of space in front of my big toe. Very little extra space at the toes in the CE17s though which is great, ant the fit around the midfoot/ankle is incredible

The boost feels slightly firmer in the heel than the CLB but otherwise it's fantastic. Looking forward to playing in them.

The grey actually looks a little darker in person, tried to take a second photo with less direct light so you can see. Apologies for the two crappy shots taken in the mirror, was struggling to take a decent on foot photo without it

Attachments

• ce_17_01.png
    ce_17_01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • ce_17_02.png
    ce_17_02.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • ce_17_03.jpg
    ce_17_03.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 37
Nice. Was wondering what that colorway looked like in person.

ADC just restocked some sizes of the yellow CE17s. I was able to buy another pair. :pimp:

Compared to the Harden Vol. 1 and the Crazylight Boost Low 2016, how do the Crazy Explosive 2017 PK fit? I ask because I have both of the former in size 10, and I simply can't play in the Harden Vol. 1 due to pain. The Crazylight Boost Low 2016 is my current shoe; I haven't logged more than 2 hours of court time in the Harden Vol. 1 and they simply sit in my basketball bag. I'm actually going to try and sell them and hope somebody can get good use out of them.

Compared to the Harden Vol. 1 and the Crazylight Boost Low 2016, how do the Crazy Explosive 2017 PK fit? I ask because I have both of the former in size 10, and I simply can't play in the Harden Vol. 1 due to pain. The Crazylight Boost Low 2016 is my current shoe; I haven't logged more than 2 hours of court time in the Harden Vol. 1 and they simply sit in my basketball bag. I'm actually going to try and sell them and hope somebody can get good use out of them.

what's wrong with the harden vol 1?

what's wrong with the harden vol 1?
if I'm guessing right, it's probably cuz of the toe cap that digs into your foot on some particular models...

I wear a 9.5 in the Harden 1s, a 10 in the 2016 CE lows and a 10 in the 2017 CE mids. The 2017s fit about 1/4 size bigger than the 2016 lows.

I have to believe it's on both models because it's the plastic lace holder that digs into the top of your foot/toe. It can be hit or miss though, most pairs I tried on at FL had the toe cap issue and a couple others didn't. Even if it's there, it does eventually go away.

I have to believe it's on both models because it's the plastic lace holder that digs into the top of your foot/toe. It can be hit or miss though, most pairs I tried on at FL had the toe cap issue and a couple others didn't. Even if it's there, it does eventually go away.

if it doesn't go away, then it is a big problem when hooping :frown:

Some people go in an cut the lace holder to eliminate the problem. I thought weartesters had an article about that some months back...

The US miadidas page shows the CE2017 as an miadidas option in the marketing pictures. It's not a live customizable option yet, but it looks like it is coming soon. Not sure if PK will be an option or not. Also, I hope the lows drop soon and we can ID those as well.

Been hooping in the greys this week, still early days but traction has been a bit of a disappointment, and it's already feathering like the CE16s did.
The CE16 lows, and CE17 whites I had were really good with traction, don't know what's up with these...

new bball boost, no name yet though the sole looks like a next gen CLB sole so it might be the CLB hi's?
adidas-boost-basketball-shoe-sample-1.png

adidas-boost-basketball-shoe-sample-2.png

adidas-boost-basketball-shoe-sample-3.png

doesn't look like it

u7Str6f.jpg

I think he just has ankle weights or braces over his runners
adidas-originals-yeezy-runner-release-feature.jpg

Back
Top Bottom