ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going to Vancouver in a couple weeks with a prior criminal conviction. Gonna be interesting. Not dark skinned though.
Lol yo I'm white as hell but they saw my Latino last name and me and my girl were randomly selected as well lmao I was like wtf this is some bs.

Lol yo I'm white as hell but they saw my Latino last name and me and my girl were randomly selected as well lmao I was like wtf this is some bs.
How long did they hold you guys up for? Ive got an expungement though so Im going they give me a pass.

Just copped solar UB for 130 shipped :smh:

350 boost, White UB, Black UB, Solar UB all in the last week or so :x

All UBs under retail and the 350 were retail though, so that helps lol

Did the Repel work well on the white UB's? Not sure if it changed the feel of the shoe or material.

Thanks!
I've only worn them once, and I don't plan on dropping liquids on them on purpose lol

But no, they didn't change the look or feel of the UB.

I'd use Repel on anything except suede.

Quote:

Going to Vancouver in a couple weeks with a prior criminal conviction. Gonna be interesting. Not dark skinned though.
Just be polite, don't be sarcastic or sass them, and have your paperwork together and I think you'll be okay.

The pacific northwest is weird when it comes to ethnicity and how they choose to accept diversity. There are a lot of diverse races that live here but the pressure to live to a "white" standard of behaviour is felt a lot more on a societal level than on the east coast. This extends to power structures also, so cops and border crossing guards here aren't what I'd call racist, but they have less tolerance for anything that isn't lily-white in terms of how to act.

Being from Vancouver, going to NY is always a breath of fresh air. Diversity gets to stay different there and I love that. In comparison Vancouver is almost like one of those science fiction novels where the men and the women have shaved heads and wear grey tracksuits.

First pair of Boosts came in, the all-blacks.

WOW these are soft, just wow.

Should I put repel on these, and if so, what kind? (and where can I find it)

Last edited:
isn't repel the white just to keep them spotless?

what i dont get is why put repel on a black shoe? it's black and wont show dirt

Last edited:
isn't repel the white just to keep them spotless?

what i dont get is why put repel on a black shoe? it's black and wont show dirt
Dirt sticks to black shoes too, it just takes more of it to be visible

Quote:

Just be polite, don't be sarcastic or sass them, and have your paperwork together and I think you'll be okay.

The pacific northwest is weird when it comes to ethnicity and how they choose to accept diversity. There are a lot of diverse races that live here but the pressure to live to a "white" standard of behaviour is felt a lot more on a societal level than on the east coast. This extends to power structures also, so cops and border crossing guards here aren't what I'd call racist, but they have less tolerance for anything that isn't lily-white in terms of how to act.

Being from Vancouver, going to NY is always a breath of fresh air. Diversity gets to stay  different there and I love that. In comparison Vancouver is almost like one of those science fiction novels where the men and the women have shaved heads and wear grey tracksuits.
Thanks for the advice. Any advice on scoring some bc buds while Im there? Im sure it wont be too hard.

Last edited:
I don't want to get some shoes that are as minimalist as possible in terms of visual appeal dirty. That's like throwing away your last 5 dollars

If the Whites and Blacks released around the same time, why was the Blacks' sole white. I know every other Boost shoe got the white sole, but I feel Adidas could've shook it up a little

Is the
The UBs look better. In terms of comfort I can't say cause I don't own Energy Boosts but they do look more durable than UBs.
Thanks for the input! Much appreciated.

Is there any other difference between the regular all white UB and the JD all white UB besides the all white bottom sole?

I dont understand why they use repel on the white ultra boost. They look ok, a little off white. I bought them in adidas and they came a little off white but when I wear them outside in daylight, they are as white as heaven
Repel is just a "liquid" protector. Water and other stuff just rolls off a shoe when applied with Repel.

It DOES NOT prevent scuffs and stuff.

Just watch this informative video:

Last edited:
Is the

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated.

Is there any other difference between the regular all white UB and the JD all white UB besides the all white bottom sole?
The Triple White "JD" Ultra Boost use different materials on the ankle part and the plastic 3 stripes are different material on the JDs and have a snakeskin like pattern/feel to it.

shoes squeak like crazy for me on hardwood floors.

Does this go away after a while?

Last edited:

shoes squeak like crazy for me on rubber floors.

Does this go away after a while?
Goes away really quickly in terms of tile and hardwood.

So does the tread on the outsole, too unfortunately. Been using the black ones as beaters and the upper looks immaculate (Yo that primeknit is really amazing), but the nubs have worn down on the balls of my feet to the point where they're almost flat.

Not sure if I still want to keep them. I was crazy about them when they first released, but actually wearing them on foot hasn't been all that comfortable.

The squeaking, narrow fit, and it's just a little too much boost for me where I feel unbalanced.

The Triple White "JD" Ultra Boost use different materials on the ankle part and the plastic 3 stripes are different material on the JDs and have a snakeskin like pattern/feel to it.
Wow never knew that, thanks!

Is it worth it to pick the JD over the normal triple white even if the bottom sole would just get noticeably dirty since it is color white?

Wow never knew that, thanks!

Is it worth it to pick the JD over the normal triple white even if the bottom sole would just get noticeably dirty since it is color white?
I personally don't see the hype for them besides the fact Kanye wore em. I think they're a dope summer shoe but the white primeknit would be something horrible to dirty up. That being said, no I don't think it's worth it. You're just spending more money tbh.

I personally don't see the hype for them besides the fact Kanye wore em. I think they're a dope summer shoe but the white primeknit would be something horrible to dirty up. That being said, no I don't think it's worth it. You're just spending more money tbh.
I guess you're right, thanks for the advice.

Can anyone put up a pic of the Ultra Boost beside an OG mesh Roshe? The same size or half size difference between the two would be fine just for comparison. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom