ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

please share 
nerd.gif
Alright. So I posted these pics on an Air Max thread, because someone brought up boost and their durability.

To repeat myself, this happened after 4 months of light runs, walks and casual use (commute).

I was getting off the bus and started to feel the front of the shoes a little flat.

Usually boost just takes you on a flight, but after a few wears after that moment, I looked down... and saw these cracks.

These were taken at a local adi store before putting them on a claim, and lucky I was given store credit for a new pair.

The process was a real hassle !

Lighting isn't the best... but I've cleaned them nicely for the local adi HQ's check up.

So you can kind of see the cracks behind the rubber outsole... but not really.

You can really feel the cracks/flatness once the boost inside is damaged.

The right shoe ...

The left shoe.

I know some might think I did this on purpose to get store credit or something but

I really love this shoe and I've bought like 4 more pairs since... BEST SHOE EVER. PERIOD.

But they wear down like crazy... even those rubber parts. So owners, take caution.

You can see similar feedback on most of the websites you buy the UBs from.

I'm surprised adi hasn't really addressed or improved on this issue.

Now that this is posted in a Boost thread, hopefully it'll get more press.

newshoesmell newshoesmell

That's crazy. Been wearing the same pair of OG UBs since about a month after first release. Since that time, I run about 3.5 miles 5 days a week on them and wear them casually frequently and I have no issues that even come close to resembling those cracks.

Alright. So I posted these pics on an Air Max thread, because someone brought up boost and their durability.

To repeat myself, this happened after 4 months of light runs, walks and casual use (commute).

I was getting off the bus and started to feel the front of the shoes a little flat.

Usually boost just takes you on a flight, but after a few wears after that moment, I looked down... and saw these cracks.

These were taken at a local adi store before putting them on a claim, and lucky I was given store credit for a new pair.
The process was a real hassle !

View media item 1694049

Lighting isn't the best... but I've cleaned them nicely for the local adi HQ's check up.

View media item 1694050

So you can kind of see the cracks behind the rubber outsole... but not really.
You can really feel the cracks/flatness once the boost inside is damaged.

View media item 1694047

The right shoe ...

View media item 1694048

The left shoe.

I know some might think I did this on purpose to get store credit or something but
I really love this shoe and I've bought like 4 more pairs since... BEST SHOE EVER. PERIOD.

But they wear down like crazy... even those rubber parts. So owners, take caution.

You can see similar feedback on most of the websites you buy the UBs from.

I'm surprised adi hasn't really addressed or improved on this issue.
Now that this is posted in a Boost thread, hopefully it'll get more press.
What does it feel like when you walked with the crack in the boost?

@NewShoeSmell

That's crazy. Been wearing the same pair of OG UBs since about a month after first release. Since that time, I run about 3.5 miles 5 days a week on them and wear them casually frequently and I have no issues that even come close to resembling those cracks.
Hopefully just an unusual defect ... scare to break out my other pairs but we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully that's not an inherent problem with the Boost material? I've heard a lot of the nubs wearing down but this is the first I've heard of the Boost midsole cracking!

Hopefully that's not an inherent problem with the Boost material? I've heard a lot of the nubs wearing down but this is the first I've heard of the Boost midsole cracking!
I thought I was the first too ... but if you do some more searches, like I did before putting a claim with Adi,

you'd be surprised how many users felt the 'death of Boost' like death of the Nike Free soles (yes the Free soles just die too).

possibly why the yeezy has the cage to prevent this...good to know thou.  maybe the ultra boost 2 will solve this problem

perfect execution ^

pre-ordered the silver boosts from RRS.. came out to $143 shiped ( no tax state) 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
newshoesmell newshoesmell

Okay... So I just decided to take a look at the bottom of mine and there are indeed a few stress cracks. They aren't as pronounced as yours, but I'm sure they will get there. Did you say you contacted Adidas for a replacement or voucher/coupon?

Back
Top Bottom