ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not sure if this has been discussed, but has anyone actually worn fake UB's? How bad/good is the 'boost' from a feel perspective? I'm imagining very bad? (Note: I'm not thinking of buying fakes, just curious). 
Yep I wound up ordering some Core Blacks from eBay last year that turned out to be fake when they came in the mail. The seller terminated his account so eBay refunded me the money without having to return the shoes.

The "boost" midsole is just one big solid piece of foam, some material similar to EVA but even cheaper. It has some very slight bounciness to it, but is pretty rigid for the most part and thus feels absolutely nothing like real boost. Here's a close up so you can see what it looks like.

Surprisingly, the knit isn't all that bad. Of course, it pales in comparison to Primeknit and it isn't nearly as stretchy, but it's sturdy and breathable enough. It feels rough and a bit scratchy. Kind of feels like it's knit from carpet. 
laugh.gif

All in all, while they don't compare in the slightest to real UBs, they're a decent enough pair of shoes on their own, if you were to compare them to a pair of Sketchers or something else the mainstream market eats up for less than $50 a pop. I wear them to work at least once a week since they look good enough and I essentially got them for free, but I'd never condone actually paying for a pair. They just make for a good pair of "super beaters."

Last edited:

Stores do not decide what shoes they want in inventory, corporate does. So if you never seen popular shoes at a particular local Foot store, they're most likely not gonna get them.
Right, the stores don't decide, the account managers do, but the I would assume that the stores gotta at least know what they are getting and when they are getting them...

I tried a pair on back last summer when someone tried to scam me on eBay (well they did scam me but I got my money back).

They feel terrible, "boost" midsole is super stiff and uncomfortable, fake PK upper has a super crusty feel & not really stretchy the way the real stuff is.
This made me laugh "super crusty feel" , i can only imagine tho.

Copped the black Y-3s cause of NT peer pressure...

Imagine we all banded together and said smoking was cool? lol

Will wear as dailys which in turn will take stress off my SNS and Wood Wood UBs :smile:

I tried a pair on back last summer when someone tried to scam me on eBay (well they did scam me but I got my money back).

They feel terrible, "boost" midsole is super stiff and uncomfortable, fake PK upper has a super crusty feel & not really stretchy the way the real stuff is.
Yep - that's pretty much as I imagined. The 'Boost' being a crappy piece of rubber. Was curious to hear from someone who's actually worn them though.

Combination of the hype, restricted supply, price point etc I think we'll see plenty of fakes being sold. Looking at the lines for NMD in Asia I'm guessing fakes would be selling. 

Yep I wound up ordering some Core Blacks from eBay last year that turned out to be fake when they came in the mail. The seller terminated his account so eBay refunded me the money without having to return the shoes.

The "boost" midsole is just one big solid piece of foam, some material similar to EVA but even cheaper. It has some very slight bounciness to it, but is pretty rigid for the most part and thus feels absolutely nothing like real boost. Here's a close up so you can see what it looks like.

View media item 1990363

Surprisingly, the knit isn't all that bad. Of course, it pales in comparison to Primeknit and it isn't nearly as stretchy, but it's sturdy and breathable enough. It feels rough and a bit scratchy. Kind of feels like it's knit from carpet. :lol:

All in all, while they don't compare in the slightest to real UBs, they're a decent enough pair of shoes on their own, if you were to compare them to a pair of Sketchers or something else the mainstream market eats up for less than $50 a pop. I wear them to work at least once a week since they look good enough and I essentially got them for free, but I'd never condone actually paying for a pair. They just make for a good pair of "super beaters."

Free or not I'd never wear fakes out of principle.

It's because they haven't reached Roshe level yet. Once the market is saturated with UBs, hopefully that day comes soon, more stores should have them. They save hype shoes and high priced shoes at their premier stores which sucks in the Bay Area's case since workers at both locations are scum (not all but a good amount).
Ultra Boosts won't hit Roshe level.  They're not meant to.  NMD's are what will hit Roshe levels.

Thrilled to walk into my local Champs (Arden) today to find the last pair of Cream's in my size 12!  FTL should have them tomorrow...

Thanks and repped, saved me a trip. I've resigned to my fate and will no longer chase creams unless they drop on ADC. They have broken me
sick.gif
Yeah I'm done chasing the Creams man. If I stumble upon an online release, then great. If not, **** it. I've lost sleep this weekend with hopes of an online drop on ADC since that's really my best shot at a pair.  I never wake up that early on the weekends 
laugh.gif
   Combination of shady employees with no info and afternoon weekday drop for the in-store release is an automatic L for me. 
mean.gif

Last edited:

Free or not I'd never wear fakes out of principle.
co-sign, you can't even pay me to wear fakes. 
For me it's liberating to have a pair of shoes I can wear without having any sort of concern if they get trashed, especially since I only wear them in an environment where I'm pretty much never faced with anyone that knows a thing about sneakers. If I had the scratch to trash a true pair of core blacks I would, but my purchases are selective and I treat my real UBs with care since I'm still in school and only have a few pairs.

I know this isn't any sort of excuse for some, but to me it was a free pair of shoes and I thought turning them to beaters served a useful enough purpose for my life/needs. Aside from that, they're the only pair of fake anything that I own since I had them and didn't know what else to do with them. But I'd never knowingly spend money on a pair of fakes, no matter what.

Last edited:

Pretty sure that Champs disconnected their phone. It has been busy since Friday. Can you check to see if they got 12? I dont wanna drive from San Mateo and pay toll for no reason
They didn't have any creams; I just left.

I didn't even expect Bay Fair to have them, kinda weird imo, seeing that they never get anything lmao
Thanks and repped, saved me a trip. I've resigned to my fate and will no longer chase creams unless they drop on ADC. They have broken me
sick.gif
What the heck? How can you have that post count and date with that rep count? Was that some sort of transfer mistake lol?

Back
Top Bottom